Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this weekend's games are literally uncharted waters for this program. How are they going to respond to this adversity?

On an unrelated note, it was sad that at the Saturday game the lovely duo of sister's singing in the national anthem was torpedoed by when microphone didn't work. From what we heard, they were heavenly.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Watts we are talking about.
      Really? You're STILL on the Watts kick? LOL!

Comment

I thought it was just on the men's side 10 was retired.
        Hmmm...

I went back and looked: the article at uwbadgers.com at the time says "The No. 10 will remain in circulation at Wisconsin, but Johnson's name and number will be forever celebrated", which I guess means others could/would still get to wear it. (So what does "retired" even mean?) I remember reading something somewhere about whether Drake would continue to wear it until she was done - which she did - but I can't find that. Notable that nobody on the men's side has worn it since. So I guess informally, women team members can wear it, but the men are 'avoiding' doing so?

(Adding - there was talk around that time about the University generally being more 'free' about retiring numbers, etc, with basketball's Frank Kaminsky having his number 'retired' around then. So I looked back at the article announcing that, and the exact same sentence appears: "The No. 44 will remain in circulation at Wisconsin, but Kaminsky's name and number will be forever celebrated." So, UW is "retiring" numbers ... but that doesn't mean people won't continue to wear them! LOL.)
        Last edited by robertearle; 01-11-2023, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Really? You're STILL on the Watts kick? LOL!
          I was off for a long time, I'm just trying to push MN fans' buttons at this point. There's nothing left to do, UW is toast.

Well, this isn't going to be the battle for #1 weekend like I had hoped and honestly was counting on it to be, though the significance for WI is even greater than had it been a 1-2 title fight. UW is just trying to stay in the ncaa's at this point. OSU could very well stick UW into a hole they can't get out of. I never thought in a million years UW would be staring at double digit losses in a non-Olympic year with MJ as the coach.

Comment

• Laila Edwards makes the other players around her better. She has elite hockey sense. She would be wasted standing in front of the net just because she is tall.

At the U18 Worlds, IMHO LaChapelle wasted Edwards by playing her on the same line as Simms. Simms has elite individual skills and can dominate shifts and puck possession all be herself just by dangling everyone in the building, but when she does that, Edwards has nothing to do but stand there and watch. Simms needs somebody on her line to stand in front of the net for screens and rebounds, but it shouldn't be Edwards. Just my two cents. Maybe Johnson will see it that way.

Comment

• While some of us on this site are on sedatives/thinner to calm our frayed nerves, MJ was his usual positive self in the presser. The goals will come, they just have to stay at it and not get frustrated. He said they will need to be ready Friday night early for the "wildfire that's going to happen". LOL. Lemme tall ya MJ, leeme tell ya Badgernation, UW doesn't need to be ready for the wildfire OSU's gonna bring, OSU better for the KC130 tanker water drops that are gonna squelch those Eyes into nothing but a few meager plumes of smoke. Watya gonna do when Badgermania runs wild on YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Congratulations. In a world of cliches, you have managed to create a metaphor that I've never read before, and am unlikely to see from any other source.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• I read it a couple of times and I'm not quite sure what I read.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    I read it a couple of times and I'm not quite sure what I read.
                    Direct injection of thinner out of a 55 gallon drum gravity fed by hanging it over my head into the bloodstream is a powerful thing. I just hope for everyone's sake the cable ties holding this drum of thinner over me attached to the nails in the drop ceiling don't give way when this puppy is full or this website is going to get a whole lot more boring. My wife insisted I wear a bike helmet just in case but she doesn't realize all my intelligence and wit doesn't come from my noggin, even after 29 years of marriage.

Comment

• BADgers gonna be on local cable TV Friday, made the bigtime! I get to watch Badgermainia run wild on OSU live! Oh Yeah!

Comment

BADgers gonna be on local cable TV Friday, made the bigtime! I get to watch Badgermainia run wild on OSU live! Oh Yeah!
                        I wonder what sort of picture quality that will mean.

I had been thinking that paying some attention to the interactions between Makenna Webster and her former teammates might be interesting (no, I'm not expecting anything negative; if anything the opposite). But then I thought I would need to be able to actually read uniform numbers to see that, so I had given up on the idea. Now, maybe there's hope! :-)

Comment

BADgers gonna be on local cable TV Friday, made the bigtime! I get to watch Badgermainia run wild on OSU live! Oh Yeah!
                          So I guess that means you're bailing on coming here for the games. Bummer! I hope to meet you in person one of these days.
                          Is any UW fans on forum coming to this weekend's series?

Comment

So I guess that means you're bailing on coming here for the games. Bummer! I hope to meet you in person one of these days. Is any UW fans on forum coming to this weekend's series?
                            OSU is just SO far away. I haven't been able to schedule a trip to the closest rival yet (St. Thomas, wink), things just don't work out. I actually am more inclined to go to Duluth though it is further away, I'm pretty confident it's easier driving around there and the tickets are not hard to come by. I just had an interesting thought though....if WI was playing one of the 2 rodentapolus teams and the other also had a some series, I could see 4 teams play on the weekend, that would be cool.

The game is on the Bally Sports WI main channel and not the Plus channel, so I am expecting perfect video quality. I presume they bring in their own equipment.

Let's go RED!

Comment

OSU is just SO far away.
                              I totally get it, the same deterrent keeps me from coming to Wisconsin when we play you. Though I'd have made the drive in a heartbeat in my younger days.
                              Also at this point of the season there's the high risk of bad winter weather on the drive.
                              But we have had Gopher fans make the trip, don't tell me they're better fans than you guys?

Comment

I totally get it, the same deterrent keeps me from coming to Wisconsin when we play you. Though I'd have made the drive in a heartbeat in my younger days.
                                Also at this point of the season there's the high risk of bad winter weather on the drive.
                                But we have had Gopher fans make the trip, don't tell me they're better fans than you guys?
                                You forgot that Timothy was unwilling to go to Lindenwood in 2017 when the Badgers lost to Clarkson. He was afraid his team wouldn't make it to the finals, so he stayed at home. Come on Timothy! Just go and experience good hockey! The best team will win. If your team, great. If not, back to the thinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X