This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Lol. Gotta parachute in case you fall off your high horse?
    I have no idea what this means. Linking the thread so people can read it is hardly hedging if that's what you mean.

I'll say it again, I make myself easy to recognize at women's hockey events when I go. With him being that preoccupied with taking shots at me in that thread, it makes me wonder what happens if he sees me in public. If I find out, it's kinda too late, isn't it?

If he wants to be seen less as a bully he can think about how he's coming off when he's dominating the replies in a thread and making frequent personal and sarcastic digs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post

Again, I'm sure he's probably fine, but if I find out he's not, it's too late. Happy to hash things out with him one on one but the DMing here seems to suck.
      I was in the same building with him today and I survived lol. Whew!!!! Your whole premise was completely illogical and not thought out well whatsoever. A thinly veiled a shot at Wisconsin and you continually insulted Lindenwood. You should delete the thread and we will pretend it never happened.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I was in the same building with him today and I survived lol. Whew!!!! Your whole premise was completely illogical and not thought out well whatsoever. A thinly veiled a shot at Wisconsin and you continually insulted Lindenwood. You should delete the thread and we will pretend it never happened.
        Well, fine, then the answer to the question in the thread title is "No" not repeated replies and uncalled for attacks. I think you're reading more into the "premise" than is actually there.

Comment

Well, fine, then the answer to the question in the thread title is "No" not repeated replies and uncalled for attacks. I think you're reading more into the "premise" than is actually there.
          Just go back and read my 1st response.

Comment

Even on the same side of the rink! (The Duluth people were taking up most of my usual section, and I decided to go elsewhere.)

Comment

Just go back and read my 1st response.
              Oh you made that response lol. Yikes. I mean...

1. my premise was specifically whether or not they should come east more often to play top teams, not should they play more east teams in general in nonconference games as you seem to suggest. That said "every WCHA not conference games are played against the East" isn't even accurate because: a. Lindenwood exists and b. Not conference games (as in games that are not conference games) against conference opponents happen regularly.

2. I think a team has between some and a decent idea of who is going to be good. "Maybe" is selling it a bit short. You might not know if a team is going to be bad vs. okay or elite vs. okay, but in most cases you have at least some idea.

3. I'm not a Wisconsin fan so I'm not privvy to what Mark Johnson has said or not said except on the subject of freshmen looking at banners. That is good info and I do think an opponent historically or currently towards the bottom of the PWR gets more out of a matchup against a top team than the top team does.

4. "should good teams schedule more..." which is what the title of my post reads is a different thing than "should good teams schedule only..." which is what you said, so I don't know why you said the rest of it.

Comment

• Not a good game today. Bucky came out on fire for about the first 15-16 minutes but looked sluggish for most of the remainder of the game - completely outhustled by Duluth. Passing was sloppy and they struggled to clear their zone. The word that comes to mind to describe their play is abysmal. As I write this, I am not hopeful about tomorrow’s game and fear what OSU will do to them next weekend if they continue to play like this. They must improve considerably, or they won’t go far in the post-season.

On one of my ongoing peeves, LE continues to seem unduly passive to me. She tends to assume a position along the left wall just a few feet off the blue line and rarely gets involved with checking or positioning herself closer to the net. And opposing players don’t devote much attention to her, possibly because they do not regard her as a very serious threat. I understand she is adjusting to a big step up in the competition and level of play from high school, and I don’t want to be unduly harsh. But I think her level of play has yet to match that of the other Yr1 members of the team or the expectations held for her (for which she Is not responsible).

I don’t want to do anything that will affect LE’s self-confidence, but I think MJ should try switching Picard to the line with Simms and Woz, something I mentioned several weeks ago. I think Picard’s speed and aggressiveness is a better fit for that line and the switch also might serve to help LE step up her level of play since the 4th line would need her to do so to have any effectiveness. Basically, there would be no place to hide and, hopefully, it would pi?? her off.

On a more positive note, Gervais seemed to have recovered from her injury. I don’t mean to rush her back into play, but it might be a good idea to play her in goal on Sunday. I expect her to be rusty, but it may energize the team to step up their play to relieve the pressure she probably will feel upon returning. After today, they need a strong boost of some kind.
                Last edited by Patricio; 01-07-2023, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I go to hockey events and I make myself public and easy to find. You seemed unnaturally fixated with me in that thread and made dig after dig until I called you out. I asked you point blank if I had to worry about you and you made a snarky comment. If you won't take personal safety seriously, I will. I live alone and I have limited support. I don't have the luxury of assuming that you're probably fine, even if you probably are.
                  Are you serious? Really??

Comment

• I'm not quite defcon 10 like our friend Patricio is, but they have to play a complete game today or I am buying tickets for that bus. I do like the idea of adjusting that 3rd line. LE still seems to be figuring things out a bit and against top end opponents the 3rd line would be better off with a more complete player. Mark Johnson did say they were going to try some different tactics in the 1st period to generate more offense and today's game. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Re LE, why don’t they park her by the net more? She is big and strong and will bang in rebounds, or can get passes and drive across the crease. Teams can cover her and leave someone else open or they leave LE wide open which is a threat. I know she can shoot the puck but with her size and strength I don’t think that needs to be her main go to for points. She’d be a nightmare in front of the net just like big strong Hilary Knight is.

Comment

• Nothing like a Johnsonville and a Pepsi at the rink for lunch. Let's go RED ?!!??!!!@!!!!!!?

Comment

Nothing like a Johnsonville and a Pepsi at the rink for lunch. Let's go RED ?!!??!!!@!!!!!!?
                          You have Johnsonville at your games? I'm jealous! We have the crappiest concessions at our women's games. They sell beer in the men's arena but not the women's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

You have Johnsonville at your games? I'm jealous! We have the crappiest concessions at our women's games. They sell beer in the men's arena but not the women's.
                            And the pretzels are great as well.

Ugly 1st period for UW. Slowwww start, got a bit better late in the frame. Just the opposite of what we were looking for.

Why do they not park someone in front of the net on the pp? Screen, tip or rebound? Nope. They keep trying this cute passing play down low. Try something else, its not working.

Comment

• Lol....le was parked in front of the net during the pp in the 2nd period. Umd is the better team do far. Get out of the d zone easy, tape to tape passes, pp creates chances. It seems like they have an extra player on the ice all the time. Bummer.

Comment

Lol....le was parked in front of the net during the pp in the 2nd period. Umd is the better team do far. Get out of the d zone easy, tape to tape passes, pp creates chances. It seems like they have an extra player on the ice all the time. Bummer.
                                I disagree that Duluth has been the better team - it feels like UW has controlled the play more than them so far today. That said, Duluth has been a lot better this whole weekend than I expected coming into it, and on the whole it's been pretty close to even play I think. It is extremely impressive how well Duluth defends their net front; they get so many sticks and bodies in passing lanes. UW is just not generating the kind of opportunities needed to beat Soderberg - they are going to need to find another gear in the third if they want to pull this out.
                                Last edited by wiscolorado; 01-08-2023, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X