Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post

You should know this guy made repeated personal digs at me over in the below-linked thread and seemed to tacitly acknowledge that what he was doing was bullying. With multiple instances in the news in the internet age where online bullying has spilled over into public, I feel like his online conduct makes him a potential safety risk in person.

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ence-opponents
    I did no such thing, and I did no such thing. (I thought you were going to stop responding to me; now you're actually seeking out posts not directed to you to respond to? SMH...)

Is there some board moderator who can reign this guy in?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I did no such thing, and I did no such thing. (I thought you were going to stop responding to me; now you're actually seeking out posts not directed to you to respond to? SMH...)

Is there some board moderator who can reign this guy in?
      I go to hockey events and I make myself public and easy to find. You seemed unnaturally fixated with me in that thread and made dig after dig until I called you out. I asked you point blank if I had to worry about you and you made a snarky comment. If you won't take personal safety seriously, I will. I live alone and I have limited support. I don't have the luxury of assuming that you're probably fine, even if you probably are.

Comment

• Originally posted by titleixhockey View Post

i go to hockey events and i make myself public and easy to find. You seemed unnaturally fixated with me in that thread and made dig after dig until i called you out. i asked you point blank if i had to worry about you and you made a snarky comment. If you won't take personal safety seriously, i will. I live alone and i have limited support. I don't have the luxury of assuming that you're probably fine, even if you probably are.
        go away!

Comment

You should know this guy made repeated personal digs at me over in the below-linked thread and seemed to tacitly acknowledge that what he was doing was bullying. With multiple instances in the news in the internet age where online bullying has spilled over into public, I feel like his online conduct makes him a potential safety risk in person.

Sometimes you post as you are in a particular state of mind and in retrospect you figure out (hopefully) you should have probably deleted what you wrote. This seems like one of those times.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Lol. Lmao even. robertearle disagreed with you in that linked thread, but he most certainly did not bully you. It is patently absurd to infer from your interactions that he might be unsafe to be around. Quit acting like a thin skinned child.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy;n37795 the conveyor of 05

Sometimes you post as you are in a particular state of mind and in retrospect you figure out (hopefully) you should have probably deleted what you wrote. This seems like one of those times.
              me

He had every opportunity to take even the concept of personal safety seriously and did not. That makes me worry.

Comment

me

He had every opportunity to take even the concept of personal safety seriously and did not. That makes me worry.
                You don't have anything to worry about with this particular poster. Abrasive, for sure, but harmless. He is honestly not worth the time you are expending posting here and on the other thread.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

me

(Stealing the characterization from the movie "The American President")

You threw a pitch in the dirt. I chose to not swing at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

Lol. Lmao even. robertearle disagreed with you in that linked thread, but he most certainly did not bully you. It is patently absurd to infer from your interactions that he might be unsafe to be around. Quit acting like a thin skinned child.
                    He made personal digs every chance he got and responded an excessive number of times. It's bullying at best. I gave him plenty of chances to be less aggressive and even asked him point blank if I had to worry. He made a snarky comment.

I live alone. My family is at best hundred of miles away when I go to hockey events. I don't have the luxury of assuming he's not going to carry his online conduct into real life even though odds are he just gets overly emotional and fixated online and isn't aware how he comes across

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

(Stealing the characterization from the movie "The American President")

You threw a pitch in the dirt. I chose to not swing at it.
                      A more apt baseball analogy would be "I asked if you were going to come in cleats up and you smirked"

Comment

He made personal digs every chance he got and responded an excessive number of times. It's bullying at best. I gave him plenty of chances to be less aggressive and even asked him point blank if I had to worry. He made a snarky comment.

I live alone. My family is at best hundred of miles away when I go to hockey events. I don't have the luxury of assuming he's not going to carry his online conduct into real life even though odds are he just gets overly emotional and fixated online and isn't aware how he comes across
                        This is an absolutely insane way to interpret those comments. Assertively disagreeing with you is tantamount neither to bullying nor to a personal threat against you.

Comment

This is an absolutely insane way to interpret those comments. Assertively disagreeing with you is tantamount neither to bullying nor to a personal threat against you.
                          Assertively disagreeing is not the same. He went over the line both in constantly responding and the language he used

When someone yells at me repeatedly, I think pushing back is a fair response and wondering whether it's going to escalate its justified.

Comment

• > He went over the line both in constantly responding and the language he used

He absolutely did not.

> When someone yells at me repeatedly, I think pushing back is a fair response and wondering whether it's going to escalate its justified.
                            Actually, this is an insane thing to wonder about someone who has done nothing more than to disagree with an opinion of yours.

I would suggest that you drop this one. Then we can go back to complaining about the performance the Badgers turned in this afternoon, lol.
                            Last edited by wiscolorado; 01-07-2023, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Lol. Gotta parachute in case you fall off your high horse?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

> He went over the line both in constantly responding and the language he used

He absolutely did not.

> When someone yells at me repeatedly, I think pushing back is a fair response and wondering whether it's going to escalate its justified.
                                Actually, this is an insane thing to wonder about someone who has done nothing more than to disagree with an opinion of yours.

I would suggest that you drop this one. Then we can go back to complaining about the performance the Badgers turned in this afternoon, lol.
                                Again, I'm sure he's probably fine, but if I find out he's not, it's too late. Happy to hash things out with him one on one but the DMing here seems to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X