This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

As a subscriber on B1G+ I could have paid extra to see Penn State play over the weekend, but had no options to view the Wisconsin series. I assume someone on this thread must have watched both games. I fully expected to see a post from Timothy about Wisconsin deserving to be ranked No. 1 after the Saturday game. Now I don't know what to think, other than to watch Quinnipiac as a spoiler for future tournaments. Are they bound for the finals in Duluth? Interesting start to the New Year.
    I watched both. On Saturday, they came out a little slow and flat (despite the early LaMantia goal), but Kronish was excellent. They got better as the game went on, and by the end they were really dominating play.

Sunday was a different Q goalie; not that the one from Saturday was 'bad', she was very good. But the Sunday goalie was better, Q did a better job of keeping the cease clear, so that she had a 'comfortable' afternoon, and UW had another weekend against a 'quality' opponent when they looked really good one game and kind of flat in the other.

But Kronish was great the whole weekend. 'Championship' level of play, which is very encouraging to me.

Comment

I fully expected to see a post from Timothy about Wisconsin deserving to be ranked No. 1 after the Saturday game.
      He's probably crying in his beer after Sunday's game like I am over Ohio State's football game.

Comment

I fully expected to see a post from Timothy about Wisconsin deserving to be ranked No. 1 after the Saturday game.
        You underestimate my judgement. I've seen enough hockey to keep the fingers off the keyboard until a series is over.

The craziest stat from the weekend that I have seen so far is in game 1 OB was 9-10 on faceoffs and game 2 she was 18-3. Wow.

I didn't see either game so I can't comment on the play in general. Looks like from what Robert reported UW didn't get to the net much in game 2, which is a bit surprising since this team in general has done a good job of that to date. Game 2 special teams they were -1. If they can pop a ppg and not allow one, it could have been a different game. It's a bummer the special teams are not grade A. You need special teams to be special when you play against a quality opponent.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          You need special teams to be special when you play against a quality opponent.
          Well said. I was able to watch most of both games and overall, everything considered, I thought the two teams were pretty even. I'd give the Badgers the clear nod in Game 1. But Quinnipiac came back strong in Game 2 and, despite being outshot 34-18, the number of "Grade A" chances were more even. What won it for the Bobcats in Game 2 was goaltending. Catie Boudiette was simply outstanding in goal and, looking at her stats to date (.985 S%) her play in this game was nothing new.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Well said. I was able to watch most of both games and overall, everything considered, I thought the two teams were pretty even. I'd give the Badgers the clear nod in Game 1. But Quinnipiac came back strong in Game 2 and, despite being outshot 34-18, the number of "Grade A" chances were more even. What won it for the Bobcats in Game 2 was goaltending. Catie Boudiette was simply outstanding in goal and, looking at her stats to date (.985 S%) her play in this game was nothing new.
            I appreciate the insight from the eye test. It's good to hear they generated high end chances. That's all you can hope for, and that a few go in.

The UMD games are sold out. UW has a small game 1 advantage with having played last week and UMD has not.

Gervais was listed as dressed from what the line-up cards last weekend, might she get a game this weekend? No need to rush her back.

Comment

• At the presser, MJ was really pleased with how game 2 went against Q. He said from the bench it looked like UW was going to score twice, but out of nowhere a toe or a glove flashed and made the save. He's really focused on the league title and was happy to get a warm-up series before the title push.

Comment

• Lace em up boyz, girlz and gifted animals, it's a great day for hockey! Let's go RED!

Comment

• Gervais looked perfectly fine in warm-ups. Kronish led the team out.

Comment

• Great 1st period by UW. Seems like no love lost physically between the two teams. Umd is very elbowy.

Comment

• Horrible first 8 minutes for uw and control was restored but umd tied it.

Comment

• Sinners now 0-2 in their last two games scoring 1 goal combined...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Much too much coming straight at Soderberg, which isn't going to beat her. Similar to last Sunday. The one goal was a re-direction. The Badgers were certainly aware of it, and were triying to connect on side-to-side passes, but couldn't connect on the pass, or put the resulting shot on net (and Duluth got sticks to a lot of them, as well.). Frustrating.

Comment

• Wisconsin probably played a little over 2 periods of really good hockey, but they also had a period total of bad hockey. Too many passes to nowhere. It was really unbelievable how many times WI passed the puck right to umd. The 2nd goal Lamantia passed right to the umd player at the defensive blue line and right in they went with it. It seems to me that kronish is not strong on the puck in her own crease. She had a tremendous save at the end of the 2nd period at the buzzer, she's not the reason they lost but I don't know.... A powerplay late in the 3rd period to tie and they don't get it done. They had a couple breakaways, didn't get it done.

It was nice to see it really big Crowd today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It was nice to see it really big Crowd today.
                              I debated hanging around for the men's game tonight, but decided against it. Wow, am I glad I made that choice!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I debated hanging around for the men's game tonight, but decided against it. Wow, am I glad I made that choice!
                                You should know this guy made repeated personal digs at me over in the below-linked thread and seemed to tacitly acknowledge that what he was doing was bullying. With multiple instances in the news in the internet age where online bullying has spilled over into public, I feel like his online conduct makes him a potential safety risk in person.

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ence-opponents

Comment

Working...
                                X