X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Ah. That's why I smell smoke.
    No that is your furnace dying on the coldest night of the year. Better get the generator fired up.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• The ladies are back in town practicing. Both the and Q haven't played in a long time, should be a fair fight from that angle. Looking forward to the series. Maybe Q wants to get a little revenge for the VB team's defeat against UW, and quite an emphatic win that was.

Comment

• I view the next 3 weeks as a sort of midterm exam for the Badgers. Playing Quinnipiac and Ohio State on their ice with Duluth here will be akin to playing in the final 8 of the NCAA. Replace Duluth with MN, and the similarity would become a match. It will be a tough stretch but one that should serve to identify any weaknesses, information best to have now when there is time to address them before the end of the regular season.

The top 2 F lines are solid. The 3rd needs only LE to continue to get more active to take a major step forward. I would like to see her position herself around the circles more and use her wrist shot which is fast and she releases very quickly (I call it a snapshot) making it tough for a goalie to react to. And the 4th line has had its moments as well so it cannot be taken lightly
        The D has been solid as well. Harvey and LaMantia are exceptional, Jungels has become more active offensively as well, and Helgesen has become a reliable 7th D who can provide the others with some rest time. The major problems areas are the PP (6th in conference) and PK (last). With the depth of talent on the team, I find it baffling that both of these units are struggling so badly. If these units continue to perform at these levels, there are a number of opponents over the rest of the season who will exact tolls.

Goalie is the final position of potential concern. Kronish has established herself as a quality performer. Still, it would be beneficial if Gervais can/has recovered from her ankle injury and can resume play. The remaining schedule doesn’t offer many nights off and it would be helpful to have a second quality goalie to share the workload.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
          I view the next 3 weeks as a sort of midterm exam for the Badgers. Playing Quinnipiac and Ohio State on their ice with Duluth here will be akin to playing in the final 8 of the NCAA. Replace Duluth with MN, and the similarity would become a match. It will be a tough stretch but one that should serve to identify any weaknesses, information best to have now when there is time to address them before the end of the regular season.

The top 2 F lines are solid. The 3rd needs only LE to continue to get more active to take a major step forward. I would like to see her position herself around the circles more and use her wrist shot which is fast and she releases very quickly (I call it a snapshot) making it tough for a goalie to react to. And the 4th line has had its moments as well so it cannot be taken lightly
          The D has been solid as well. Harvey and LaMantia are exceptional, Jungels has become more active offensively as well, and Helgesen has become a reliable 7th D who can provide the others with some rest time. The major problems areas are the PP (6th in conference) and PK (last). With the depth of talent on the team, I find it baffling that both of these units are struggling so badly. If these units continue to perform at these levels, there are a number of opponents over the rest of the season who will exact tolls.

Goalie is the final position of potential concern. Kronish has established herself as a quality performer. Still, it would be beneficial if Gervais can/has recovered from her ankle injury and can resume play. The remaining schedule doesn’t offer many nights off and it would be helpful to have a second quality goalie to share the workload.
          You are seemingly always in my head LOL. The only thing I'm not in total agreeance with is the need to play 2 goalies. I've always hated rotations personally. TG has destroyed how many goalies with mind games? MJ has rode 1 goalie for as long as I have been following the team closely (10 yrs), so I would be ok if one became the go to player. Kronish has had a scant couple of teachable moments but no meltdowns by any means. Will he ride both in the ncaa's

The next 6 will be formative games for sure. Yes, it's important to win now, but building to win in the ncaa's is what is is all about.

Comment

• Listened to the presser, it sounds like Gervais is a no-go for the weekend. If she wasn't a goalie she would be practicing without limits, but as a goalie she can't. Interestingly he also said he prefers the afternoon games so you don't have to wait around all day to play and you can get to bed at a decent time.

Comment

• Quinnipiac's schedule show's this weekend games as being on ESPN+ but the ESPN upcoming schedule doesn't show those listed. Do we think they will in fact be on ? I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndodge View Post
                Quinnipiac's schedule show's this weekend games as being on ESPN+ but the ESPN upcoming schedule doesn't show those listed. Do we think they will in fact be on ? I hope so.
                Games are now shown on ESPN schedule.

Comment

• Timothy A, what did you hear about TM not covering hockey in the future???

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                    Timothy A, what did you hear about TM not covering hockey in the future???
                    Yeah I heard him say he'd be doing less and I tweeted to him about who / if there would be someone else coving it, no response. I am teetering on full out freakout mode aimed at multiple targets but I'm holding off until he gets back to me.

Yes, it's a great day for hockey! Let's go RED.
                    Last edited by Timothy A; 12-31-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Badgers prevail over Quinnipiac 3-0. Excellent video and commentary - well done.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Badgers prevail over Quinnipiac 3-0. Excellent video and commentary - well done.
                        Really good game from Kronish (having to clean up some ugly, ugly D turnovers). Very encouraging.

Comment

• Who watched Sunday's game? I am hoping to see some comments about the difference between Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• Two well played games by two very good teams. I think goaltending was the difference. I would like to see Quinnipiac play Wisconsin more often. Badgers great history and talent.

Comment

• Saturdays score is what I expected but I didn't expect to see Sundays score flipped. I'm sorry now I didn't watch it, it would have been interesting to see what was different between the two games that caused UW to unexpectedly be shut out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Saturdays score is what I expected but I didn't expect to see Sundays score flipped. I'm sorry now I didn't watch it, it would have been interesting to see what was different between the two games that caused UW to unexpectedly be shut out.
                                As a subscriber on B1G+ I could have paid extra to see Penn State play over the weekend, but had no options to view the Wisconsin series. I assume someone on this thread must have watched both games. I fully expected to see a post from Timothy about Wisconsin deserving to be ranked No. 1 after the Saturday game. Now I don't know what to think, other than to watch Quinnipiac as a spoiler for future tournaments. Are they bound for the finals in Duluth? Interesting start to the New Year.

Comment

Working...
                                X