This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    You undoubtedly know this, but for the benefit of other readers: 9 B1G schools compete in Field Hockey, but only 7 qualify for the conference tournament.
    Seven out of nine? That's a nice round number. Only in the Big Ten (plus some).

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Seven out of nine? That's a nice round number. Only in the Big Ten (plus some).
      No kidding. And the numbers are only going to get crazier in the years ahead.

Comment

• Reminiscing about the schedule magnets we used to get, and also the hockey cards. Maybe one of those old cards will be worth some money some day.

Comment

• A pretty disappointing weekend. Outshot 5 of 6 periods and I'd say the sog don't reflect how much better UMD looked in game 1 in periods 2 and 3 from what I heard and saw. UW looked pathetic in the OT. On a positive note, getting points out of both games was a plus, they gained ground on OSU and goaltending was up to the task.

Who took Compher's spot when she got tossed?
          I liked the goaltending but I'm haven't seen a good view of the OT game winner (I was watching on a lap top sized screen in our camper). It looked stoppable distance-wise. Any thought?

Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            A pretty disappointing weekend. Outshot 5 of 6 periods and I'd say the sog don't reflect how much better UMD looked in game 1 in periods 2 and 3 from what I heard and saw. UW looked pathetic in the OT. On a positive note, getting points out of both games was a plus, they gained ground on OSU and goaltending was up to the task.

I liked the goaltending but I'm haven't seen a good view of the OT game winner (I was watching on a lap top sized screen in our camper). It looked stoppable distance-wise. Any thought?
            I think they were lucky as hell to get a win on Saturday, both in general after being outplayed and out-skated for much of the time by UMD, and in having a tying goal from UMD taken down on an offside challenge replay (it was close, but probably a good call. But the offside didn't really 'benefit' UMD in how the goal was scored).

I'll try to remember to take a look at BTN replay to answer those questions.

(I watched the first half of Saturday before heading off to the Field House for UW vs Minnesota volleyball, with a radio with which to listen to the end of hockey. And then with replays on goals and penalties, and TV timeouts, hockey ran so long that the radio station, also broadcasting volleyball, had to cut away from hockey with about 6:30 remaining in the third. I actually did not find out the final score until I got home hours later.)

Comment

A pretty disappointing weekend. Outshot 5 of 6 periods and I'd say the sog don't reflect how much better UMD looked in game 1 in periods 2 and 3 from what I heard and saw. UW looked pathetic in the OT. On a positive note, getting points out of both games was a plus, they gained ground on OSU and goaltending was up to the task.

I'm pretty sure it was Casey O'Brien that replaced Compher on the top line.

Comment

• 11/19 vs UMN is sold out. Is stub hub the only way to get a ticket ? (price running there about $45 plus fees). I will be in the area, would love to go.

Comment

• LOL

I just came over here to post the request for 'ndodge' for a ticket. He's a regular commenter at the volleyball equivalent of this forum, and he asked me over there if I knew where he might dig up a ticket. Let's find him one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post

I'm pretty sure it was Casey O'Brien that replaced Compher on the top line.
                    Casey O'Brien already centers the top line; Compher was centering the second. The choice would have been to disrupt either the third line or the fourth line. I'll have to take a look at the Big10+ replay if I get the chance unless someone already has.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndodge View Post
                      11/19 vs UMN is sold out. Is stub hub the only way to get a ticket ? (price running there about $45 plus fees). I will be in the area, would love to go.
                      Check craigslist leading up to the game. I've had reasonably good luck going that route for other sold out Women's games, presuming no one else on this board has an extra for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

Casey O'Brien already centers the top line; Compher was centering the second. The choice would have been to disrupt either the third line or the fourth line. I'll have to take a look at the Big10+ replay if I get the chance unless someone already has.
                        I'm pretty sure I saw her replace Compher at Center the first shift that that line went out after Compher was tossed. Whether she stayed there, I'm not sure.

Comment

• The line for at least a couple shifts before the penalty was Curl- Compher-Eden. Afterward, it was Curl-O'Brien-Eden, and they were the de facto #1 line going out for 'big' faceoffs the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndodge View Post
                            11/19 vs UMN is sold out. Is stub hub the only way to get a ticket ? (price running there about $45 plus fees). I will be in the area, would love to go.
                            People put extra tickets in the vestibules for anyone to use. If you get there early enough I'm very confident you can get a free one.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              And then with replays on goals and penalties, and TV timeouts, hockey ran so long that the radio station, also broadcasting volleyball, had to cut away from hockey with about 6:30 remaining in the third. I actually did not find out the final score until I got home hours later.)
                              YEAH was I pizzed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're driving around Madison listening to this riveting game's dramatic crescendo and all of a sudden VB bumps it. That's BS, the end of a game always preempts the start of a new one. It's like that everywhere. Watts a bunch of crap that was.

Comment

YEAH was I pizzed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're driving around Madison listening to this riveting game's dramatic crescendo and all of a sudden VB bumps it. That's BS, the end of a game always preempts the start of a new one. It's like that everywhere. Watts a bunch of crap that was.
                                What really bugged me was they left hockey, instead of going right into the VB pre-game interviews (which, what the heck, as long as I have the radio, I'd listen to) they ran maybe five minute or more of commercials. They might have actually had time to get to he end of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X