Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunchtime stat crunch, brought to you by Cousin's Subs.....try crunchy fresh veggies on your fresh Cousin's sub with that crunchy bread today. And don't forget the world's best mayo.

15% on the PP, that is bad. With tougher games coming up they will need some ppg's. 86% on the pk, that's ok, but also needs improvement.
    Gervais has a .944 and Kronish a .933 gaa.
    Harvey is averaging 1.75 ppg and is the co-leader on the team in scoring with O-B. She is 3rd on the team in shots behind O-B and Curl (but only has 3 goals). She seems at least as good as advertised. It's like the net magnetically pulls her towards it. I have never seen a D play that way before for an entire game.
    It is interesting seeing how/where Compher is fitting in on the team being a full out Olympian performance wise. 4th on the team in scoring with 12, Eden has 13 and KK and OB have 14. She's very stout on her skates and over the puck. She hasn't jumped out at me yet, doesn't have the WOW factor that Watts, Roque, Decker or Pankowski had, but it's a new team and new system, it may take time for her to find her groove. I may attempt to focus on her this weekend.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• A couple interesting lineup changes.....Eden to line 3, Woz to line 1. Eden and Simms had great games. The KK Jungels pair did not last long, Jungels back to 3rd pair with Kotlowski, CE on the 2nd with KK.

Great to see Picard get a goal, great to see the effort get rewarded. Jungels also got her first.

Comment

• Team puts up 8 on BSU and Special K didn't register a point? Interesting...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Team puts up 8 on BSU and Special K didn't register a point? Interesting...
          Yeah uw is quite deep.

Comment

• Oh and the most important thing about yesterday… I wore a hat to game one. So do I not wear a hat tonight and see if scoring is down or do I wear a hat tonight because I want to see another massacre? Of course I am wearing a hat. Maybe 2.

Comment

• Wear a hat but leave your head at home.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Wear a hat but leave your head at home.
                My wife would say I leave my head at home for every hockey game.

Comment

• Mj is rolling 4 lines consistently, something he hasn't done in the past. I guess that equates to this is WI's best 4th line in a long long time. All 4 lines are scoring on a regular basis and KK is really stirring the pot. It will be fascinating to see if he shortens the bench against Umd. He might be forced to having the last change unless he's super comfortable with the 4th line against thier first line. I'm not sure I would be as much as I think they are playing great. I don't think we'll see them take many face-offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Mj is rolling 4 lines consistently, something he hasn't done in the past. I guess that equates to this is WI's best 4th line in a long long time. All 4 lines are scoring on a regular basis and KK is really stirring the pot. It will be fascinating to see if he shortens the bench against Umd. He might be forced to having the last change unless he's super comfortable with the 4th line against thier first line. I'm not sure I would be as much as I think they are playing great. I don't think we'll see them take many face-offs.
                    15 goals over the two games, 12 different goal scorers.

Comment

• So for the fill the bowl game all that are left are basically corner seats at this point. Do I snag the extra seats I want in the corner or wait until the bowl is full then snag primo center ice 2nd tier seats? Oh the decisions!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

15 goals over the two games, 12 different goal scorers.
                        Not trying to be disrespectful but don't expect to light the lamp so much against Duluth next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          So for the fill the bowl game all that are left are basically corner seats at this point. Do I snag the extra seats I want in the corner or wait until the bowl is full then snag primo center ice 2nd tier seats? Oh the decisions!
                          For the volleyball match at the Kohl Center, after it was essentially sold out, for a number of days there would 'randomly' be seats previously unavailable that would just pop up as available at the UW ticket 'choose by location' map page. Like maybe people who had bought the tickets discovered they couldn't use them, and turned them back to the ticket office. I managed to get a significantly better seat for the VB match than the one they had assigned to me that way. But you'll have to keep checking back over and over, because if they're good, they may not stay there very long. I don't know if 'Fill The Bowl' will reach that point, though.

Comment

• Well, the next two series will provide a better picture of the status of this year’s team as a contender for the WCHA and NCAA titles going forward. Duluth and the Gophers are several levels higher on the competitive scale than Bucky’s opponents to date. It is akin to facing final exams after a series of quizzes.

There are a lot of reasons for optimism. The first 2 lines have proven to be solid. SS has been reincarnated, and Kurl has picked up where she left off prior to her stint on the Olympics squad. Compher is a smooth player who goes who goes about the business of generating goals quietly and effectively. The speed and aggressiveness of the Eden-O’B-Wheeler line simply is very tough to handle. I think these lines will handle themselves well against everyone on the schedule.

Line 3 also has a lot of speed and aggressiveness in Woz and Simms. At times, Simms almost is reckless in how she crashes the net. Woz constantly hustles and looks to put the puck on the net or pass to a teammate in position for a shot. LE has displayed hard slap and wrist/snap shots, but she has not shown similar aggressiveness. I don’t know if she had a late growth spirit, but it almost seems like she is not quite comfortable with her size yet and how to use it to her advantage. She casually shrugged off a Bemidji player in the Friday game, and it would be worth seeing how she might create issues for opposing goalies if she were to hover around the crease more. She also has put that snapshot to good use from between the circles and that is another location I would like to see her operate from more frequently.

The 4th line has been less dynamic except for Picard who looks remarkably recovered from her injury. She displays levels of speed and aggressiveness that would fit well on Lines 2&3. In fact, if LE needs a breather, I would like to see her occupy her place on Line 3. GS has been aggressive at times and is someone who does crash the net occasionally (I believe 2 of her 3 goals were scored this way), but Enright has become more active only recently. For now, this line can play as a unit when games are in hand, but better use should be made of Picard, perhaps to provide relief to other players on lines 2&3. I think she has earned such opportunities.

An area of major concern is the low rate of success on power plays, which seemed to have emerged last year. If the PP production does not improve, opponents will have a comparative advantage from theirs – one the other Big 3 of the WCHA are strong candidates to exploit. One solution might be to have LE and Simms shift around in the crease area, obscuring shots by teammates or getting deflections. There certainly is a bevy of players with hard shots that would benefit from a goalie momentarily losing site of the puck.

My other concern is the aggressive style STC adopted in the second game which disrupted Bucky’s ability to clear its zone and setup in STC’s end. It also caused serious breakdowns in the Badger D. This nearly cost the Badgers the game. If Bucky does not develop a solution to combat this style of play, teams like Duluth, MN, and OSU will exact tolls.

So, I will be watching the games this weekend with some anxiety. Hopefully, the Badgers will prove it to be needless and I will sleep well both nights and begin looking forward to MN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                              The 4th line has been less dynamic except for Picard who looks remarkably recovered from her injury. She displays levels of speed and aggressiveness that would fit well on Lines 2&3. In fact, if LE needs a breather, I would like to see her occupy her place on Line 3. GS has been aggressive at times and is someone who does crash the net occasionally (I believe 2 of her 3 goals were scored this way), but Enright has become more active only recently. For now, this line can play as a unit when games are in hand, but better use should be made of Picard, perhaps to provide relief to other players on lines 2&3. I think she has earned such opportunities.

An area of major concern is the low rate of success on power plays,
                              A great idea to flip LE and Picard from the standpoint of solidifying the 3rd line defensively. LE is such a unique player. She doesn't look fast, but those big strides are deceiving. Against the top teams I'd feel better with the quickness and aggressiveness of Picard on the 3rd line until we know more about LE.

The PP is a bad deal. They get plenty of chances and move the puck well. I think it's just a matter of time before the floodgates open and they have a few 50% conversion weekends. They haven't needed the PP to be a factor except for the 1 game. I hope 5 on 5 UW is so much better lines 1-3 than UMD, UM or OSU that it simply won't matter. UW's creating scoring chances upon zone entry is superb right now. They have no problems taking the puck right to the net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Not trying to be disrespectful but don't expect to light the lamp so much against Duluth next weekend.
                                We're gonna burn those lamps right out! A great measuring stick weekend between UW and OSU since we don't play until next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X