X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know why Eden is not playng?

Comment

• Eden is out with an upper body injury. Doesn't seem to be negatively affecting them so far. Great first period.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Thanks to Timothy A on status of Eden. Perhaps MJ will clarify nature/status of injury post game.

On to my views of a number of positives from this weekend’s games:
        • The play of both the 3rd and 4th lines on Friday. Everyone on those lines played really well, and it was nice to see GS, Enright, and Picard score some goals and assists.
        • LE, Enright, and Jungels seemed to be more active and aggressive. If they continue on this path, they will provide a nice boost to the offense.
        • The line of Simms, LE, and Woz is starting to show more cohesiveness. Like the O’B line, it has lots of speed and the three are beginning to leverage each other’s styles and skills to create scoring opportunities. They soon may be on a par with lines 1 &2.
        • Picard also continues to show speed and aggressiveness that should pay dividends in future games, especially if Enright continues to become more active and GS shows ongoing interest in occupying space in the crease for rebounds and deflections. This would make this line more than a passing thought for opponents.
        • Great that KK finally got her first goal. Hopefully that relieves some of the pressure she may have been feeling because of the high expectations for her. In turn, this may help her relax a bit, enabling her to utilize her obvious skills to greater advantage for herself and others. If so, she could redefine what it means to be scary.
        • For some reason, Gervais consistently has faced the better offensive performances of opponents thus far. She has had to make a greater numer of difficult saves than Kronish, and she strikes me as more relaxed and quicker in goal. The Badgers begin a string of progressively tougher opponents next week, and it may be only a matter of time before she is named the number one goalie.
        The one negative is the reported injury to Eden. Hopefully it is nothing significant and she will be able to return to play soon. The Badgers adjusted well against St Thomas. and, although the 4 Y1s are showing progress (I view Picard as basically a Y1 given she played so little last year), an extended absence of Eden would make the forthcoming series of opponents more difficult to deal with

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

eliminating the senior discount,
          Was this for season tickets? I bought tickets for a game in January and got the senior discount.

Comment

• Fourteen goals for Wisconsin this weekend, and eleven different goal scorers. And Sophie Shirley and Lacey Eden were not among them.

Comment

• Has anyone read or heard any details about the nature of Eden's upper body injury? MJ's post game comments posted on the team web page didn't contain any mention of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Fourteen goals for Wisconsin this weekend, and eleven different goal scorers. And Sophie Shirley and Lacey Eden were not among them.
                I don't want to get too giddy about the scoring up and down the line-up, but MJ is rolling 4 lines and they are all producing. If any of the other C's get hurt I would be 100% confident to see Picard playing C on any of the other 3 lines. She has a motor and she's all over the ice. Compared to what we saw out of her pre-injury last year, she is a totally different player. Last year her and Woz seemed to be going after the same pucks often, not really figuring out how to play with each other. This year she is so decisive.

I love the enthusiasm the Fr have when when they score. The upper classmen really don't seem to enjoy scoring. They seem too workman like at times when they score. Maybe they've been around Mr. Low-key too long.

Attendance was a tad better last night, but still puzzlingly low.

Didn't really learn a lot about the G's. They both stopped breakaways. They both seemed to fight the puck a bit, not catching cleanly rebound control was a but off. Gearvis did see more rubber than Kronish.

Harvey's goal was a great shot in that she did not rocket the shot, but it was perfectly placed just inside the post.

There was great reffing on LaMantia's first goal (yes I am complimenting the ref!). Everyone thought it was under the goalie, but it was just sitting right behind the goalie and she came in and swished it in. He could have easily just blown the whistle because all the other players were acting like it was under her.

Please get rid of the Journey song in the fire up pre-game! The lyrics have nothing to with hockey or competing! Someone has seriously overthought this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                  Has anyone read or heard any details about the nature of Eden's upper body injury? MJ's post game comments posted on the team web page didn't contain any mention of it.
                  MJ is totally silent on injuries. We are left to speculate based on what medical devices they are wearing while they watch their team mates warm up or how well they go back into the lockerroom if they are not wearing any. She was not on the bench during warm-ups Saturday.

I have solved the riddle of why they are only averaging 5.5 goals per game in game 1 of home games and 9.5 goals per game for game 2 of home games. Both game 1's I wore no hat, while both game 2's I wore a hat. We'll know in 2 weeks the effect of my solution to this problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Both game 1's I wore no hat, while both game 2's I wore a hat.
                    Was the hat made out of aluminum foil?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Was the hat made out of aluminum foil?
                      Ha! I can see it now! Tin foil cheese wedge hats! What a concept!

Comment

• NH tweeted that Emma Venusio (Etobicoke Junior U22 Elite) has committed to the Badgers.

Comment

• I watched a video replay of Friday’s St Thomas game and Eden was on the ice for the first half of a penalty kill in the final 2 minutes of the game. She seemed to be fine then. Apparently, the upper body injury happened after the game, off ice. This is reminiscent of Picard’s “lower body injury” last year which wasn’t clarified until she appeared in LaBahn wearing a substantial leg brace signifying a season ending ACL tear. Hopefully Eden’s injury will prove to have less serious consequences and, ideally, she will appear in uniform and play this coming weekend rather than remaining off the ice wearing something that suggests a serious injury.

Should Eden remain off the ice, adding Woz to Line1 with O’B and Wheeler in the last game was very successful and probably will continue. Moving Picard to Line3 with Simms and LE also should retain that line’s level of performance as well.

I want to see Enright and GS continue to get a decent share of time and the line to be a viable contributor (ala StT game 1). So, for line 4, I offer a half-baked idea. With her overall abilities, I see Harvey as a hybrid F/D (ala Sophie Jaques of OhSt). She often moves deep into the offensive zone, she has a blistering shot, and she is racking up assists. Ergo, make Harvey a 3rd F on Line4. I think positioning GS around the crease with her and Enright as shooting Fs would be problematic for opponents to deal with. This would leave Helgesen and Jungels as the primary Ds to pair with the 4 more senior Ds. Harvey and Picard have energy levels which I think would enable them to share the 3rd F spot on Line4, if needed, making Harvey available occasionally to play D. Toft also could provide periodic relief at D.

Again, ideally Eden shows up in uniform and all the lines return to normal. If not, see if Harvey can help Line 4 retain its role. Should this be tried, and it fails to yield any benefit, use GS and Enright to spell other Fs.

Comment

Ergo, make Harvey a 3rd F on Line4.
                            I don't think she was brought to Madison to be on the 4th line. Minnesota's Taylor Heise did play on the 4th line at times as a rookie, but she wasn't coming off an Olympic stint.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Eden was on the ice for the first half of a penalty kill in the final 2 minutes of the game. She seemed to be fine then. Apparently, the upper body injury happened after the game, off ice.
                              That's quite a leap!

At least as likely is she had something happen during Friday's game that she was able to play through or with but then worsened or tightened up, etc, afterward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                                NH tweeted that Emma Venusio (Etobicoke Junior U22 Elite) has committed to the Badgers.
                                Sure I decide to unfollow her on the tweeder and then this happens. TDM also has that online.

Comment

Working...
                                X