No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots 32 to 0 that period. Yes, 32 to 0. Thats gotta be some sort of record.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Jungels got outmuscled on a puck early in the period in her own zone. That was the lowlight of the period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Shots 32 to 0 that period. Yes, 32 to 0. Thats gotta be some sort of record.
        Tied a record for shots in a period for and against.

Comment

• It was 33 and it is a new record.

Comment

• The new goal is a 70 sog game. Let's goooooo

Comment

The new goal is a 70 sog game. Let's goooooo
              I can see how you'd feel good about it but to the rest of us we see it as a nationally ranked team playing a little sister of the poor school. Should you really be that proud?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I can see how you'd feel good about it but to the rest of us we see it as a nationally ranked team playing a little sister of the poor school. Should you really be that proud?
                Are teams just supposed to say "nah, you're not good enough" and let Lindenwood flounder with empty spots on their schedule? CHA teams have to fill a ton of non-conference games and Lindenwood plays pretty much every midwestern team because of proximity. Your Buckeyes are having them for NYE dinner. It just is.
                It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Wow...according to the live stats, Lindenwood had 3 shots on goal in the first period, and not another shot on goal the rest of the game? 40 minutes of hockey without a single shot on goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by NMH View Post

Your Buckeyes are having them for NYE dinner. It just is.
                    I think most agree any win is a good win. But I wouldn't make a big deal about it unless it's against a more worthy/stronger opponent like UMD, UM or UW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

The crazy thing is, at least for the first half but only less so later of, Lindenwood was doing a pretty good job blocking shots, breaking up passes and riding players off the puck. What really killed them - and drove the numbers some - was their goalie gave up SO many rebounds; one SOG would turn into three or four SOGs, and three or four times a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The crazy thing is, at least for the first half but only less so later of, Lindenwood was doing a pretty good job blocking shots, breaking up passes and riding players off the puck. What really killed them - and drove the numbers some - was their goalie gave up SO many rebounds; one SOG would turn into three or four SOGs, and three or four times a goal.
                        Wish I could have watched it but my B1G+ access is only good for Ohio State games.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                          Wow...according to the live stats, Lindenwood had 3 shots on goal in the first period, and not another shot on goal the rest of the game? 40 minutes of hockey without a single shot on goal?
                          In the second and third periods, Lindenwood spent a lot of time on the penalty kill, and it could have been more. That cut deep into their time to try to generate any offense.

I don't know if it was frustration, or a strategy to try to be 'physical', but they were doing a lot of cross-checking and hacking, some of that driven by all the rebounds out in their crease. There was one that could easily have been a five minute, and another administered to 6-foot tall Laila Edwards, and she wasn't having it. She drew UW's only penalty of the night for pushing back. And good for her in doing so.

Comment

Lindenwood credited with 39 blocked shots. (Wisconsin with 4)

Comment

What really killed them - and drove the numbers some - was their goalie gave up SO many rebounds; one SOG would turn into three or four SOGs, and three or four times a goal.
                              But she played really well, I don't think there was a soft goal she let in, at least from our vantage point. Kronish helped her GAA but the save percent really didn't get any improvement LOL.

Whats's with the PP!? Plenty of good chances. In the 2nd Harvey had a great look glove side high with the goalie screened and missed. She and I were lined up perfectly and I could see what she saw. I thought for sure she would put that one in. The one unit has Buchbinder sinking down to the back door and shooting off the pass and it generated some good shots, but with the goalie sliding over, she has to get the shot high. Maybe there is a player who has a more talented shot to put in that position. The 4th line got PP time in the 3rd period, Enright clanked the post on one shot. The D on that were Jungels and Edwards.

The Woodsters played solid transition D, I don't recall any odd man rushes allowed and certainly there were no breakaways allowed. The did like to use the lumber a lot and were busted for it. WI did get away with a couple that should have been called.

Anyone know why the goal was not counted in the 2nd period? The puck was in the net, but he waived if off right away. I heard no whistle and they did not review it.

Comments about the game day experience, there were some changes. The fire up song after the Anthem and intro's was done to "Separate Ways" by Journey. It is not a good fit. The harder edged/paced parts of the song could be usable, but the lyrics are totally off base. The song they played after the goals was lame. It had no juice at all. They changed the chips in the nachos from a kind of lighter chip to a very thick heavy chip. Some people may enjoy that style, it's not our preference. I felt like a cow chewing it's cud because you needed that much effort to break it down. Moo. The attendance was maybe 60%, probably more like 50%. With it being a school night the crowd was lacking the normal amount of kids.

Comment

But she played really well, I don't think there was a soft goal she let in, at least from our vantage point. Kronish helped her GAA but the save percent really didn't get any improvement LOL.

….

Anyone know why the goal was not counted in the 2nd period? The puck was in the net, but he waived if off right away. I heard no whistle and they did not review it.
                                Yea Natalie Ferenc played with a ton of heart for the Lions. My question is what the heck did Heaslip do to get an unsportsmanlike penalty? Can they hand those out during play or is that a penalty that only happens between whistles? Lindenwood was on the pk and carrying the puck in the neutral zone when that call was made to gon5 on 3.

Laila Edwards 2nd period goal was disallowed I assume because ref believed it was after the whistle. She is so hungry to score around the net, nifty play by her even if it was disallowed. I would think finding a way to park her in front and gobble up rebounds would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X