Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No downloadable PDF with faceoffs on it.

SO....UW tweets out all parking will cost $5.00 and all the lots we had to pre-order a parking pass for are available for gameday purchase. So why did they force me to pay the $50 to the Badger fund to park in a lot that I could have parked in without paying the $50 to the Badger fund and just purchased on game day like before?!?!?!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

No downloadable PDF with faceoffs on it.
      Individual faceoff results are under the 'individual' tab at the top of the page: Compher won 15 of 17 (!), Simms 10 of 17, O'Brien won 7 of 15 (the nominal 'first line' center took fewer faceoffs than the second and third line? LOL), Picard won 3 of 4. Overall UW won 35 of 53.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

SO....UW tweets out all parking will cost $5.00 and all the lots we had to pre-order a parking pass for are available for gameday purchase. So why did they force me to pay the $50 to the Badger fund to park in a lot that I could have parked in without paying the $50 to the Badger fund and just purchased on game day like before?!?!?!
        I guess I would be very surprised if UW paid to have an attendant willing to take cash, especially at Lot 91. More likely, they'll just post that lot as sold out and not allow anyone in. But I agree that the current tweet is very confusing. I fear that some of the posturing will make folks less likely to attend these games. I am still waiting to see if the one-page (double-sided) game sheets are a thing of the past. There's no Covid excuse any longer but I suppose saving $100 on duplicating costs/game adds up over the season (eye roll here). Or maybe they'll use the savings, and the parking revenue, to improve the mini-tron?
        Sure am looking forward to Thursday!

Comment

FWIW, the parking stuff isn't from Athletics, but from University Transportation Services. Not sure women's hockey had much (if anything) to do with it.

ETA: I've never been able to get a BTN+ app on my smart (Google) TV. I cast from the app on my phone.
          Last edited by NMH; 09-27-2022, 08:51 PM.
          It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

Did MJ have a press conference? Or did you give him a call and ask what his plans are for goalie assignments this week?
            Actually, I went a different route, one that made it impossible for me to sit for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Individual faceoff results are under the 'individual' tab at the top of the page: Compher won 15 of 17 (!), Simms 10 of 17, O'Brien won 7 of 15 (the nominal 'first line' center took fewer faceoffs than the second and third line? LOL), Picard won 3 of 4. Overall UW won 35 of 53.
              Looking at the individual stats on FOW-FOL for both games, the numbers were as follows:
              • Compher - G1 15W, 2L; G2 10W, 2L TOT: 25W-10L
              • O-B ---- G1 7W-8L; G2 7W 5L TOT 14W-13L
              • Simms -- G1 10W, 7L; G2 9W, 8L TOT: 19W-15L
              • Picard --- G1 3W, 1L; G2 1W, 2L TOT: 4W 3L
              Overall 62W 41L
              To some extent, individual numbers certainly were influenced by whom each player faced off against. But I certainly saw Compher as outstanding and Simms as impressive given she is a Y1. Though she took the lowest number of FOs, I like the fact Picard took some – a sign her knee may be in good shape. Next for her, some points.

Hopefully the next 4 games will allow the players on the Badger lines, PP and PK units to get better acquainted and more comfortable with each other and their styles of play. This will be important, even critical for the 4 series that follow. StC and Bemidji tend to be pesky and ideally will serve as hor d’oeuvres before Duluth and MN.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                FWIW, the parking stuff isn't from Athletics, but from University Transportation Services. Not sure women's hockey had much (if anything) to do with it.
                The U had some skin in the game with telling us we had to donate to the Badger fund to be able to park in lots that all appear to be open to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                  Athletics always assigns responsibility to Transportation; Transportation always assigns responsibility to Athletics. I tried for years to untangle that web and I never succeeded. The pipeline between the two behemoths is well-hidden. When T takes over a lot for an athletic event, it also notifies all the permit parker that they must vacate the reserved lots. I would be very surprised if the parking demand for women's hockey would actually make that necessary but it would be interesting to know. When I had a regular permit for Grainger (Lot 7), we had to vacate for men's hockey even though the number of cars with hockey parking passes there would sometimes number in the single digits.
                  Transportation/Parking is the most powerful department on campus.

Comment

Yes it would be great to have the printed rosters again. I like reading about the opposing players and if one stands out you can makes some notes.

Will the band be there for the opener? Guessing not.

I'm also guessing a Thursday night game will not be well attended, though it is the opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Yes it would be great to have the printed rosters again. I like reading about the opposing players and if one stands out you can makes some notes.

Will the band be there for the opener? Guessing not.

I'm also guessing a Thursday night game will not be well attended, though it is the opener.
                      The printed rosters went away with COVID, less hand-to-hand contact I guess. But I asked at that info window by section 14 or 15 'if you can hand out the bingo cards, why can't you hand out lineup cards?' and the poor students manning the window had no answer, but promised to pass along the question/request. Probably the answer would be 'just pull it up on your cell phone and the Badger app'.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The printed rosters went away with COVID, less hand-to-hand contact I guess. But I asked at that info window by section 14 or 15 'if you can hand out the bingo cards, why can't you hand out lineup cards?' and the poor students manning the window had no answer, but promised to pass along the question/request. Probably the answer would be 'just pull it up on your cell phone and the Badger app'.
                        Are the opposing rosters on the app?

I did not know UW was doing another fill the bowl until I uploaded the tickets onto my phone. It's Friday 2/3 against St. Cloud. Interestingly I went to buy more for that weekend and tickets for either game are not listed on the site as for sale. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I did not know UW was doing another fill the bowl until I uploaded the tickets onto my phone. It's Friday 2/3 against St. Cloud. Interestingly I went to buy more for that weekend and tickets for either game are not listed on the site as for sale.
                          Maybe they are planning to fill the bowl with Russian men who don't want to go to Ukraine, figuring that they will have fewer complaints about parking and line charts.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Maybe they are planning to fill the bowl with Russian men who don't want to go to Ukraine, figuring that they will have fewer complaints about parking and line charts.
                            So very sad.

as for tix… paper line charts are part of the joy of going to a live game. Come on, fire up the printers!

Where is Timothy A with his game day excitement post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                              Where is Timothy A with his game day excitement post?
                              Some would say I'm not to get too excited about potentially throttling an overmatched opponent.

I'm very much looking forward to getting back into LaBahn and some Daddy/daughter time. Maddy is really amped up for the game. She is such a mini me it's funny when it comes to hockey.

In looking at the LW - BSU series, I'm throwing out game 1 because that first game is just getting your feet wet. The 2nd game the nerves are gone and the systems are improved over the mistakes of the first game. Shots were 16 for LW and 23 for BSU in game 2. I'm hoping for the "more goals than shots" chant in one of the 2 games.

BSU was an impressive 3-3 on the pp. If UW wants to contend (on paper UW UM and OSU are a dead heat), they must get production on the pp. They were 1-8 last weekend and were 6-8 on the PK, both are sucky.

Eden is unreal, leads the team with 15 sog and has 20% of the team's sog. SS is shooting 100%!!!!! 2 goals on 2 shots. She has to create more herself or get in a sweet spot and get fed the puck. SS needs to be a top 3 goal scorer for this team if they are going to contend for hardware.

I hope to get a feel for how much the 3rd pair play and how much does the 4 line play but sometimes I get lost in the play itself.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• After 1.....all 4 lines rolling, Picard has creative juice. Eden is like at another level. Compher plays a mature game. Kk is looking to go to the hole every chance she gets the puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X