This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I am pumped about it too. The Team Canada or USA players have a higher probability of a higher ceiling, so it's fantastic. Watts year will she be in Madison?
    I believe she is the first 2024-2025 commit. (The window had just opened on August 1st for those players.)

Comment

I read Rigsby has announced she is pregnant. That's going to be quite the hockey pedigree in that child. We've got out first 2041 commit, just don't know the gender yet.

I also read in that same article that she tore an MCL on 1/14 and played in the Olympics with the injury. I'm not a Dr or an athlete, can anyone shed some light on how that injury would affect the quality of play of a goalie?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I read Rigsby has announced she is pregnant. That's going to be quite the hockey pedigree in that child. We've got out first 2041 commit, just don't know the gender yet.

I also read in that same article that she tore an MCL on 1/14 and played in the Olympics with the injury. I'm not a Dr or an athlete, can anyone shed some light on how that injury would affect the quality of play of a goalie?
        It would depend on the degree of the "tear". MCL injury will be referred to as a sprain, strain, tear, and all mean the same thing to one degree or another. During his consecutive games play streak, Brett Favre had a grade 1 (mild) or grade 2 (moderate) tear and played the next week with a brace, etc. I very much doubt she was playing with a complete grade 3 tear.

(Of course Wisconsin volleyballer Gio Civita played the final third of last year - including the NCAA tournament - with no ACL at all in one knee. So who knows.)

Comment

Lineups for worlds: https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2022wwcroster

Comment

Collegiate series line-up: https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2022co...teseriesroster
            U-18 roster: https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2022u18seriesroster

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
              This college series is something I have never come across. Interesting. Seems like a National AAA team minor league set-up.

Comment

2 tiny goalies.

Comment

This college series is something I have never come across. Interesting. Seems like a National AAA team minor league set-up.
                  I feel like they’ve done it for a very long time.... but maybe it’s tweaked a bit this year? They used to have the two development teams or U22 teams play each other in August. Seems to have a new name this year, but I’m not sure how it impacts who is eligible for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

I feel like they’ve done it for a very long time.... but maybe it’s tweaked a bit this year? They used to have the two development teams or U22 teams play each other in August. Seems to have a new name this year, but I’m not sure how it impacts who is eligible for the team.
                    I believe they changed U22 --> Collegiate Series and expanded eligibility to anyone who still has collegiate eligibility even if over 22 (due to players taking their 5th year of eligibility due to COVID.)

Comment

Any word on why goalie and Badger commit Ava McNaughton isn’t on the U18 team? She was on the worlds roster and has an October 2004 birthdate so I would think she would be eligible

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post

Any word on why goalie and Badger commit Ava McNaughton isn’t on the U18 team? She was on the worlds roster and has an October 2004 birthdate so I would think she would be eligible
                        There's NO 2004 birthdates on the roster. (The first one is 1/3/05) UW commit Laney Potter is a 12/5/04 birthday and isn't on the roster, and Jenessa Gazdik also lands in that boat and is not on the roster. So U18 may have a rule that it's 2005 birthdays or later rather than a strict 18 at the time of tournament cutoff.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                          So U18 may have a rule that it's 2005 birthdays or later rather than a strict 18 at the time of tournament cutoff.
                          I remember like this has been discussed in the past and that this is a prep series for players who will be eligible for next year's U-18 Worlds.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Nicole LaMantia and Sophie Shirley both had pretty goals in last night's U22 series (or whatever it's being called). I appreciated Hockey Canada streaming all the games.

Comment

I got such a nice gift for the 50 bucks I "donated" to UW for the opportunity to park in lot 91.....a sticker. Thanks Chris. Wink.

Comment

Finlay McCarthy committed per SBNation, so that's excellent news!

Comment

Working...
                                X