This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Conference part of the schedule announced, so time for the new yearly thread.

Notable to me:
    - a Thursday night Friday night home series vs Bemidji on October 20, 21; Homecoming weekend, Saturday football vs Purdue (we don't know conference volleyball schedules yet, or men's hockey)
    - women hockey NOT at home on the weekend that always drives me crazy, first weekend of December - NCAA first round VB, Big Ten football championship game. Finally, some sanity!
    - No Ohio State until after Christmas, and finish up the season at home vs the Buckeyes; Minnesota in Madison Nov 19, 20.
    - The last three weekends, in Feb: Ohio State at Minn, then Wisconsin at Minn, then Ohio State at Wisconsin.
    - No games listed as being on Sunday. That would be quite unusual. I'm skeptical.

https://wcha.com/news/2022/5/11/gene...-schedule.aspx
    Last edited by robertearle; 05-16-2022, 12:09 PM.

10/8 Tommies
    10/15 @ St. Cloud
    10/22 BSU
    10/29 @UMD
    11/5 Bye
    11/12 Bye
    11/19 UM
    12/3 @.BSU
    12/10 @.MSU
    MEGA LONG Gap
    1/14 @.OSU
    1/21 MSU
    1/28 @ Tommies
    2/4 St. Cloud
    2/11 @ UM
    2/18 OSU

Where will the N/C's fill in? Hopefully at least one of the back to back byes in Nov, a pre-tommie series, the MEGA LONG GAP and Thanksgiving weekend.

Of course UW gets to finish off UM and OSU back to back to end the season to secure clinching the title, though it will probably be clinched by then anyway.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      10/8 Tommies
      10/15 @ St. Cloud
      10/22 BSU
      10/29 @UMD
      11/5 Bye
      11/12 Bye
      11/19 UM
      12/3 @.BSU
      12/10 @.MSU
      MEGA LONG Gap
      1/14 @.OSU
      1/21 MSU
      1/28 @ Tommies
      2/4 St. Cloud
      2/11 @ UM
      2/18 OSU

Where will the N/C's fill in? Hopefully at least one of the back to back byes in Nov, a pre-tommie series, the MEGA LONG GAP and Thanksgiving weekend.

Of course UW gets to finish off UM and OSU back to back to end the season to secure clinching the title, though it will probably be clinched by then anyway.
      Full schedule:
      Sept 22,23 - at Penn State (Thursday/Friday)
      Sept 29,30 - Lindenwood (Thursday/Friday)
      Dec 31, Jan 1 - at Quinnipiac

Nothing listed for the two-week gap in Nov. And a number of the WCHA series listed as "Friday-Sat-Sun"

The Big Ten tried to make Thursday men's games a thing a couple years ago for more available programming on BTN. I wonder if they're trying that for women's hockey.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2022/5/15...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Full schedule:

Nothing listed for the two-week gap in Nov. And a number of the WCHA series listed as "Friday-Sat-Sun"

The Big Ten tried to make Thursday men's games a thing a couple years ago for more available programming on BTN. I wonder if they're trying that for women's hockey.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2022/5/15...-schedule.aspx
        A 2 week gap before a rodent series? Come on.
        So much for a cupcake n/c with 2 of the 3 teams ncaa tourney type programs. Sucks 2 are on the road.
        I usually go to Church Thursday night, so I'll have to figure that out for 3 weekends. Those Fridays better be at night and not the lame 2pm time.

Posick is going to play professionally in Sweden. I had no idea there was a market in Sweden for a 4th line /7th D NCAA player to play professionally, extremely interesting. She'll work hard, that is for sure. Pettet is also going to play in Sweden. She could end up being a Wattage type player there.

Comment

And probably not by the sinners. :>)

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
            And probably not by the sinners. :>)
            ;>)

Comment

UMD women's hockey: National championship rematches between Bulldogs, Buckeyes coming early, often in 2022-23
              https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...ten-in-2022-23
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Full schedule:

The Big Ten tried to make Thursday men's games a thing a couple years ago for more available programming on BTN. I wonder if they're trying that for women's hockey...
                Could be. Though dodging Football Saturdays seems like the main motive. In both of the Thursday/Friday series listed above, a Home Football Saturday is avoided.

Comment

Brandli to BU. A little disappointed she didn't come here to stick it to Muzzy, but I am super excited yet nervous about the goalie situation. I'd love to see Kronish get a chance at it. The other long time heir apparents (Cece / Blesi) were not able to defeat the transfers.

Comment

Brandli to BU. A little disappointed she didn't come here to stick it to Muzzy, but I am super excited yet nervous about the goalie situation. I'd love to see Kronish get a chance at it. The other long time heir apparents (Cece / Blesi) were not able to defeat the transfers.
                    Did UW show any interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                      Did UW show any interest?
                      No idea. I hope not in a way because then it tells us they have 100 confidence in the ones on the roster now. We will never know.

Comment

My daughter just realized UW probably has a home game on her birthday 2/18 and she just could not stop beaming with glee. That's my hockey buddy!

Comment

Looks like we are sewing on last season's thread while we have one for this upcoming season started already. Bump over spam.

Comment

So is there would I should be excited about Finley McCarthy committing? Because I'm still super excited about that.

August is when I start getting pumped because volleyball is about to kick up. Is the BTN Plus agreement still up this year? I'm really hoping to get something in the realm of a watchable stream for the opener at Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                              So is there would I should be excited about Finley McCarthy committing? Because I'm still super excited about that.

August is when I start getting pumped because volleyball is about to kick up. Is the BTN Plus agreement still up this year? I'm really hoping to get something in the realm of a watchable stream for the opener at Penn State.
                              I am pumped about it too. The Team Canada or USA players have a higher probability of a higher ceiling, so it's fantastic. Watts year will she be in Madison?

Comment

Working...
                              X