Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Well congratulations to the Badgers on their win.
    The sad part is we can't pick on TimothyA anymore until next season! (Wink)
    Bring it my friends. I'll be throwing a lot of slow fastballs you can knock out of the park as usual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Wait, what? Since when is that a thing? That's about all that I enjoy here in the offseason, now that Grant is no longer leading ice cream discussions. To Timothy's credit, he takes it with good nature, even though my schtick is as tired as those Watts/what's jokes.
    Well I promised myself if we won I wouldn't troll Timothy but since we lost perhaps that promise doesn't apply?
    I guess my only comfort at this point is Ohio State's men's team made the show and the Badgers didn't.
    OSU and the Gophers making statements in their wins!

    Leave a comment:


  • ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    The sad part is we can't pick on TimothyA anymore until next season! (Wink)
    Wait, what? Since when is that a thing? That's about all that I enjoy here in the offseason, now that Grant is no longer leading ice cream discussions. To Timothy's credit, he takes it with good nature, even though my schtick is as tired as those Watts/what's jokes.

    Leave a comment:


  • wiscolorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

    No, it's not. It probably wouldn't allow you to sue for defamation, as there likely aren't any damages, but it's still defamation.
    I see we have a lawyer in our midst.... Fair enough point.

    Leave a comment:


  • Still Eeyore
    replied
    Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
    An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation.
    No, it's not. It probably wouldn't allow you to sue for defamation, as there likely aren't any damages, but it's still defamation.

    Leave a comment:


  • FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

    Posting that that Webster "was 'requested' to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice" defames her. It *clearly* harms her.
    LOL...This is like a gift that just keeps on giving.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Well congratulations to the Badgers on their win.
    The sad part is we can't pick on TimothyA anymore until next season! (Wink)

    Leave a comment:


  • robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

    An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation. Rumors are gonna happen. Who cares if they're true or not. It's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't think Makenna Webster is out there relying on you to defend her honor. Didn't you say this fella posted that about Webster last off-season anyways? Old news at this point, and hardly worth bringing up again. She moved on and had a great season on a great team.
    I posted links so whoever wants to read along can read along what was said and when. People can see for themselves how this has developed this time around.

    Just because Webster herself isn't aware she was and is being defamed here does not make it OK for someone to defame her here. You can ignore it if you want; I will not.

    Leave a comment:


  • wiscolorado
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

    Posting that that Webster "was 'requested' to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice" defames her. It *clearly* harms her.
    An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation. Rumors are gonna happen. Who cares if they're true or not. It's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't think Makenna Webster is out there relying on you to defend her honor. Didn't you say this fella posted that about Webster last off-season anyways? Old news at this point, and hardly worth bringing up again. She moved on and had a great season on a great team.

    Leave a comment:


  • robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

    You are big time overreacting. Unsubstantiated transfer portal rumors are certainly not the highest quality content we get around here, but ultimately they aren't hurting anyone either. This tiff ain't worth the keystrokes, fellas. Just drop it.
    Posting that that Webster "was 'requested' to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice" defames her. It *clearly* harms her.

    Leave a comment:


  • wheel snipe celly
    replied
    Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

    You are big time overreacting. Unsubstantiated transfer portal rumors are certainly not the highest quality content we get around here, but ultimately they aren't hurting anyone either. This tiff ain't worth the keystrokes, fellas. Just drop it.
    Agree 100%

    Leave a comment:


  • wiscolorado
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

    Take your own advice: "Next time I will keep any information I know off the 'G-- D--- internet'"

    --------------------------

    (I also note that you now resort to a quite typical mechanism used when people seek to bully and diminish on the internet, the use of a "diminutive' form of a person's name. My name is not "Bobby'. Stop trying to bully and diminish. It won't work.)
    You are big time overreacting. Unsubstantiated transfer portal rumors are certainly not the highest quality content we get around here, but ultimately they aren't hurting anyone either. This tiff ain't worth the keystrokes, fellas. Just drop it.

    Leave a comment:


  • wheel snipe celly
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    The Sinners just won the national title. Imagine this thread (which is very entertaining, btw) if they hadn't.
    Right??

    Leave a comment:


  • FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    The Sinners just won the national title. Imagine this thread (which is very entertaining, btw) if they hadn't.

    Leave a comment:


  • wheel snipe celly
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

    Take your own advice: "Next time I will keep any information I know off the 'G-- D--- internet'"

    --------------------------

    (I also note that you now resort to a quite typical mechanism used when people seek to bully and diminish on the internet, the use of a "diminutive' form of a person's name. My name is not "Bobby'. Stop trying to bully and diminish. It won't work.)
    Sounds good, thank you for your input. I’ll just keep on keeping on

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X