Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Folks can I please get a W O O F L I P P I N H O O in here! 7x champs let's go bucky!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by vicb View Post

      On, Wisconsin.... On, Wisconsin.... Da.... Da.... Da.... Da..Da

      Muzzi convinced Clarkson's best recruit this past season to go to OSU so I don't care who her team plays, I root for whoever her team is playing. ;-)

      Congrats to your 7th NC$$ Title. Well deserved taking out the 1 thru 3 seeds.
      vicb says "I scoff at your supposed jinxes!"

      Comment


      • The coolest part for me was seeing Jungels skate straight to help Buchbinder as the horn sounded. Pretty cool to see.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vicb View Post

          On, Wisconsin.... On, Wisconsin.... Da.... Da.... Da.... Da..Da

          Muzzi convinced Clarkson's best recruit this past season to go to OSU so I don't care who her team plays, I root for whoever her team is playing. ;-)

          Congrats to your 7th NC$$ Title. Well deserved taking out the 1 thru 3 seeds.
          I'm glad we gave you a little feeling of revenge. Obviously I don't feel great about clarkson after that championship game loss years ago.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

            I'm glad we gave you a little feeling of revenge. Obviously I don't feel great about clarkson after that championship game loss years ago.
            This feels like the flip side of that one. That one was one I very much thought UW would win, and they didn't. This one the other way around.

            That 'shell-shocked' feeling at the end of that Clarkson game? That's what the Buckeye fans are feeling right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

              This feels like the flip side of that one. That one was one I very much thought UW would win, and they didn't. This one the other way around.

              That 'shell-shocked' feeling at the end of that Clarkson game? That's what the Buckeye fans are feeling right now.
              Yep.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Very excited for Cami Kronish! She sat for 4 yrs and I (and most Badger women's hockey fans) thought goaltending might be the weakness that prevented the Badgers from winning it all. She was OUTSTANDING in the tournament and a well deserved MVP. I love players who are unselfish and are patient waiting their turn. Would love to see her back next year as I believe she has 1 yr of eligibility left. If nothing else I think she turned some heads nationally. Maybe it is enough to get her an invite to the USA hockey camps that select Team USA for international play. Would be great to see her follow in the footsteps of Vetter, Rigsby, Desbiens, Campbell.

                Comment


                • Badgers to hold Welcome Home Event on Monday after winning NCAA women's hockey title

                  https://uwbadgers.com/news/2023/3/19...on-monday.aspx

                  I'll see you nerds at LaBahn tomorrow!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                    Very excited for Cami Kronish! She sat for 4 yrs and I (and most Badger women's hockey fans) thought goaltending might be the weakness that prevented the Badgers from winning it all. She was OUTSTANDING in the tournament and a well deserved MVP. I love players who are unselfish and are patient waiting their turn. Would love to see her back next year as I believe she has 1 yr of eligibility left. If nothing else I think she turned some heads nationally. Maybe it is enough to get her an invite to the USA hockey camps that select Team USA for international play. Would be great to see her follow in the footsteps of Vetter, Rigsby, Desbiens, Campbell.
                    100 percent agree.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • Congratulations to the Badgers fans on the 7th NCAA title, especially Timothy and robert. Unfortunately for the rest of us, there will likely be more in the next three years with your roster.

                      I was surprised to hear A.J. going on and on about how it looked like Wisconsin wasn't even going to make the tournament at one point. Does she really know that little about the sport?
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Congratulations to the Badgers fans on the 7th NCAA title, especially Timothy and robert. Unfortunately for the rest of us, there will likely be more in the next three years with your roster.

                        I was surprised to hear A.J. going on and on about how it looked like Wisconsin wasn't even going to make the tournament at one point. Does she really know that little about the sport?
                        She was overstating it some. But after the loss to St Cloud, with four games left vs Minnesota and Ohio State, it was a real possibility. Get swept in those and they could have been fighting Clarkson and Vermont for 9th in the Pairwise, and coming up short.

                        And thank you. As well as they played in February, I am still borderline shocked at how things turned out. Lowest seed to ever win the championship, first WCHA team to win after not having won either regular season or WCHA tournament. You might know without looking, but has there ever been a national champion with double digit losses? It's all just so unlikely.
                        Last edited by robertearle; 03-20-2023, 12:33 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                          ....................... I am still borderline shocked at how things turned out. Lowest seed to ever win the championship, first WCHA team to win after not having won either regular season or WCHA tournament. You might know without looking, but has there ever been a national champion with double digit losses? It's all just so unlikely.
                          And if you watched after the game as coach Johnson was coming off the bench on to the ice I thought I lip read him say "I can't believe we won" or something to that effect. It's all just so unlikely indeed. Congrats. It was a great day for hockey for Wisconsin fans (and for me ;-) ).

                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            She was overstating it some. But after the loss to St Cloud, with four games left vs Minnesota and Ohio State, it was a real possibility. Get swept in those and they could have been fighting Clarkson and Vermont for 9th in the Pairwise, and coming up short.
                            Yeah, I openly questioned if the BADgers were going to make the ncaas after the poop the bowl game, which came after a horrible game against Ohio State. Yes they could win their way in by beating Ohio State and Minnesota or they could get buried by them. At that period of time is sure felt like the latter was going to happen.

                            I always say every year the goal is to simply make the n c a a tournament and then let the chips fall where they may. They got all the chips.

                            I hope that next season they play much more consistently because at points this season, it was not enjoyable to go through these head scratchingly bad periods and games. I guess having 10 new for 2022/23 faces on the roster meant it was going to take every game possible to gel.

                            I am so impressed with Cami. The least heralded goalie in the last 12? (Maybe ever?) years has the greatest accomplishment beating the 3 2 and 1 seeds.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I was surprised to hear A.J. going on and on about how it looked like Wisconsin wasn't even going to make the tournament at one point. Does she really know that little about the sport?
                              Yea this narrative is driving me nuts. 5 senior national team players on the roster. They were supposed to make the tournament.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Yea this narrative is driving me nuts. 5 senior national team players on the roster. They were supposed to make the tournament.
                                Pump up the drama! And she like never shuts up. I turned them way down.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X