This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
    Had lots of fun. Last time I saw a Wisconsin hockey game in person was in 1992 at the (Men's) National Championship game in Albany where Wisconsin lost in the 3rd period. (Some might say had the game stolen from them...). I did get Mike Leckrone's autograph on my program, however!

Anyway.....tonight's final was 9-1 with shots on goal 58-7.
    So cool. How many other Badger fans were there?
    Last edited by Timothy A; 03-10-2023, 12:14 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I wonder if having played yesterday will work to Wisconsin's advantage tomorrow. I know that college hockey teams go a week between games all the time, but still I wonder if Colgate might come out rusty in comparison. We'll see.

Comment

• KRACH ratings numbers imply that if Colgate and Wisconsin played 40 times, Colgate would win 21 times and Wisconsin would win 19 times. That's... uhh... fairly even. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Fixed your post. Only for Colgate's goals. Wisconsin will not be getting that treatment Saturday. ;-)
          Others have said it, but NCAA rules dictate that you have to apply the same goal celebration to both teams during an NCAA game. So either both teams get horns and lights and the whole nine yards, or you have to eliminate it.

Comment

• One of Colgate's better players is Dara Greig, the former Badger. 20 goals on the season and the 5th leading overall scorer. I'm sure she will be motivated against her former teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
              One of Colgate's better players is Dara Greig, the former Badger. 20 goals on the season and the 5th leading overall scorer. I'm sure she will be motivated against her former teammates.
              Yeah, good for her. I don't know where she would have 'fit' on Wisconsin's roster the last couple years. She went looking for ice time and has made the most of it where she found it. I'm happy for her. Once a Badger, always a Badger.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Once a Badger, always a Badger.
                That is easier to say with the players who didn't have a big role on your team. In terms of higher-impact players who have left, UW hasn't had many. Maybe Chanda Gunn was the most successful over the years, and I don't remember her playing that much for the Badgers.

Now when Webster is flying around and putting pucks in your net, will you be as quick to say, "Once a Badger, always a Badger?" I never felt that way with Potter or the Lam's.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  That is easier to say with the players who didn't have a big role on your team. In terms of higher-impact players who have left, UW hasn't had many. Maybe Chanda Gunn was the most successful over the years, and I don't remember her playing that much for the Badgers.

Now when Webster is flying around and putting pucks in your net, will you be as quick to say, "Once a Badger, always a Badger?" I never felt that way with Potter or the Lam's.

Webster played a big role in winning a national championship at Wisconsin. Absolutely, once a Badger, always a Badger. I'm glad she found a place to play both her sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                    I wonder if having played yesterday will work to Wisconsin's advantage tomorrow. I know that college hockey teams go a week between games all the time, but still I wonder if Colgate might come out rusty in comparison. We'll see.
                    Gotta come out on fire and hammer them early and take advantage of them possibly being a bit flat and nervous.

Comment

That's interesting, I would not have thought you'd fall into the once a traitor always a traitor mold. I'm somewhere in-between for hockey. I want them to succeed but their teams to suck.

Comment

Yeah, good for her. I don't know where she would have 'fit' on Wisconsin's roster the last couple years. She went looking for ice time and has made the most of it where she found it.
                        She would have played a lot last year with UW being short players, which I'm confident in that it would have carried over to this season. One could say with how it's turned out for her she'd be a top 9 F at UW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          One could say with how it's turned out for her she'd be a top 9 F at UW.
                          Or it could be a case of her blossoming with better coaching.
                          after they moved to the new forum, I've never been able to get any winks to work.

Comment

Or it could be a case of her blossoming with better coaching.
                            after they moved to the new forum, I've never been able to get any winks to work.
                            The first impulse is, of course, to laugh. But who knows. Different people react differently to different coaching styles and techniques, etc

I do know that the UW volleyball coaches use something called the DISC personality profile test to help identify the best way for them to 'reach' players, to communicate with them (from Dennis Punzel's book on the 2021 championship season, and history of the program and of their head coach). The book talks about head coach Kelly Sheffield describing the use of the test, saying something like "If I go up to a Madison Duello at a timeout in the 5th set of a match and tell her to calm down, it might help her to center herself. If I say something like that to Lauren Barnes, she's going to want to punch me in the nose." :-)

Comment

If I say something like that to Lauren Barnes, she's going to want to punch me in the nose." :-)
                              And if he says that to someone who is another Kendall White, Kelly Sheffield is never seen again.

I'm sure that the biggest factor for Greig is opportunity. However, simply agreeing with Timothy is seldom the most interesting option.

Comment

However, simply agreeing with Timothy is seldom the most interesting option.
                                But it's always the right option!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X