X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bodyup88
    replied
    Kotlowski should not have to worry about beating out a freshman for ice time

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

They had eight last year. Lamantia, Buchbinder, Edwards, Harvey, Jungels, Kotlowoski, Helgeson, Toft.
    True, but the talent gap between 6 and 7 was big. Kotlowksi as a 7 is a tough deal for her.

Leave a comment:

• BadgerPete
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

They are running with 8 D next season? I find that hard to believe.
    They had eight last year. Lamantia, Buchbinder, Edwards, Harvey, Jungels, Kotlowoski, Helgeson, Toft.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by wheel snipe celly View Post
    CE is returning
    They are running with 8 D next season? I find that hard to believe.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    The current 60-day time period for entering the portal ends on May 4th (give or take a day). So only two more weeks to worry about hearing bad news.

(Football has a second 15 window, but their first window is only 45 days; so maybe this 60 day period is hockey's only one.)
    The other big concern always is does somebody not get into the university academically.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Or MJ knows of a defector and is filling a future hole. You never know until September arrives, and that's a long way away.
    The current 60-day time period for entering the portal ends on May 4th (give or take a day). So only two more weeks to worry about hearing bad news.

(Football has a second 15 window, but their first window is only 45 days; so maybe this 60 day period is hockey's only one.)

Leave a comment:

• wheel snipe celly
    replied

BAM. Love it. A multiple captain to boot. I guess it's safe to assume that CE is not coming back with this signing, although it was apparent she wasn't anyway. UW will have the best D corps in the country if the roster holds up. Or MJ knows of a defector and is filling a future hole. You never know until September arrives, and that's a long way away.
    CE is returning

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
    And so it is. Anna Wilgren is a Badger: https://uwbadgers.com/news/2023/4/20...24-season.aspx
    BAM. Love it. A multiple captain to boot. I guess it's safe to assume that CE is not coming back with this signing, although it was apparent she wasn't anyway. UW will have the best D corps in the country if the roster holds up. Or MJ knows of a defector and is filling a future hole. You never know until September arrives, and that's a long way away.

Leave a comment:

• BadgerPete
    replied
    And so it is. Anna Wilgren is a Badger: https://uwbadgers.com/news/2023/4/20...24-season.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Wilgren is the one I really want. But she's a want and not a need, I'm cool with the 6 UW has.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Rumor over on the UMT(tunneler)C(central) thread F King and D Wilgren from Kato may be becoming Badgers. It was on a podcast, so it has to be true, eh? It's one thing to type something untrue, it's another thing to actually say the untrue thing out loud, right? UW could use depth and a player who is actually from WI. King had 14 pts last year and Wilgren is a USA hockey residency player. It would be wickedly sick to pick up Wilgrin, Watts an absurd D corps UW would have. Anyway, an interesting rumor to pass the time.
    https://twitter.com/OhioStateWHKY/st...805040640?s=20

Muzerall got King

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Rumor over on the UMT(tunneler)C(central) thread F King and D Wilgren from Kato may be becoming Badgers. It was on a podcast, so it has to be true, eh? It's one thing to type something untrue, it's another thing to actually say the untrue thing out loud, right? UW could use depth and a player who is actually from WI. King had 14 pts last year and Wilgren is a USA hockey residency player. It would be wickedly sick to pick up Wilgrin, Watts an absurd D corps UW would have. Anyway, an interesting rumor to pass the time.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Looking at the +/- from last year and a few things jump out at me. First off, Jungels lead the team and the D at +45. KK +42, LaMantia and LE +27, Kotlowski +18. Buchbinder was +24 in 24 games, so she was one pace to challenge Jungels. Helgeson was +10 in 38, about half of those games were not significant playing games. I am really shocked that LaMantia was so far behind those 2 Fr. It truly shows those 2 Fr were impact players; KK gets all the juice, but Jungels was better with half the points. I can't recall who she was paired up with prior to KK. It's probably safe to presume Potter and Murphy are going to be in the 30's, which means the D corp will be even better next year with 2 more fantastic Fr.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Saw this and it may be interesting for the Badger fans to see as well...

https://twitter.com/TheFigen_/status...-is-amazing%2F
    It would have been better if they badger was dragging around a giant gopher, but that will do.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Saw this and it may be interesting for the Badger fans to see as well...

https://twitter.com/TheFigen_/status...-is-amazing%2F

Leave a comment:

Working...
X