This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I really didn't like how they handled the release of the availability of tickets for fill the bowl. Once the lower bowl was filled they made the 2nd tier available but I don't recall seeing any information on when those were released and I ended up buying more tickets too late on the 2nd tier therefore not in my favorite area - center ice row 1. Had somebody told us via email or a tweet that the second tier seating is now available I would have bought them immediately. So then I contemplated not buying 2nd tier tickets and hoping the 3rd tier would be released, but I played the sure thing and bought the 2nd tier tickets. I did give away my 2 season ticket seats in the lower bowl to a friend and his wife.
    All I'm hoping is that we will actually win this game. The last time we played FTB, we had heroics in the third and in the 2 OT to finally win. Not a scenario I want to repeat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFBMWaxcn0M

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
      All I'm hoping is that we will actually win this game. The last time we played FTB, we had heroics in the third and in the 2 OT to finally win. Not a scenario I want to repeat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFBMWaxcn0M
      I completely agree, though the Curl snipe was ELECTRIC! It rivals THE SAVE. A complete buttwhipping would be awesome, but St. Cloud is much improved and they play on the big ice all the time, so advantage them.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

...St. Cloud is much improved and they play on the big ice all the time, so advantage them.
        And they were losing to BSU on that big ice in the 3rd period Saturday until the Beavers watched their teammate taken off the ice on a stretcher. Who's sandbagging now?

It is nice that Wisconsin does these. I was able to attend one and found it very enjoyable:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIFF2YvVF4

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• [QUOTE=ARM;n3785686]And they were losing to BSU on that big ice in the 3rd period Saturday until the Beavers watched their teammate taken off the ice on a stretcher. Who's sandbagging now?

It is nice that Wisconsin does these. I was able to attend one and found it very enjoyable:

[/QUOTE/]

So you are telling me there's a chance Wisconsin might win this game!? Coolio.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience that day.

Comment

I completely agree, though the Curl snipe was ELECTRIC! It rivals THE SAVE. A complete buttwhipping would be awesome, but St. Cloud is much improved and they play on the big ice all the time, so advantage them.
            The "SAVE"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

The "SAVE"?
              I assume he means this one. An NCAA quarterfinal at LaBahn vs Harvard. A win, but closer than I expected, IIRC. The save made a significant difference in the game

https://youtu.be/E5uLUh2XAbg

(Last FTB, I remember Roque absolutely willing the puck into the net late in the third just to get to OT. It was pretty much the last place I was, last thing I did before COVID isolation began.)

Roque's goal, one vs three
              https://twitter.com/WisconsinOnBTN/s...62367361015808
              Last edited by robertearle; 02-01-2023, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                And they were losing to BSU on that big ice in the 3rd period Saturday until the Beavers watched their teammate taken off the ice on a stretcher. Who's sandbagging now?

Man, I love those Badger jerseys! They used them only one other time, if I'm not mistaken (though I don't recall that particular event). Somebody's brother, Sydney McKibbon maybe, used to show up at LaBahn pretty regularly wearing one, but they never offered them for sale as an 'alternate' jersey, etc.

The other thing I remember is how utterly smothering the Gopher D was, no 'time and space' allowed. Frustrating.
                Last edited by robertearle; 02-01-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Frankly I was underwhelmed by the performance of the Badgers against St Thomas. They struggled for almost 2 full periods in the first game before exploding at the end of period 2, only to resume struggling in period 3 and all of game 2. I was hoping for more dominant performances from start to finish in both games. StC will be much more difficult to handle than StT, and the Badgers have to step it up this coming weekend or they may suffer a loss to StC raising the specter of further unpleasantries the following 2 weekends.

There were a number of positives, however:
                  • Kurl, Eden, OB, Wheeler, Simms, and Harvey continued to play with tons of energy and aggressiveness. They are relentless and remain the driving force of the offense.
                  • LailaE also has continued to be more active all over the ice and is spending more time around the net and in the slot as well as getting more involved in forechecking and battling for pucks. She seems comfortable doing this and, eventually, this should start yielding more dividends – hopefully sooner rather than later.
                  • Jungles also has become more comfortable being involved in the offense.
                  • The goaltending generally was solid, but there were a few unsettling moments I hope won’t be repeated in the remaining games.
                  The team just needs to find a way to tap into the potential of all this more consistently throughout games.

The most troubling thing about the weekend was the absence of Enright. She too had started to make more positive contributions on offense and D. I have not heard any news regarding her status going forward and am hoping it is not another season ending injury.

Comment

• Everyone have fun at fill the bowl this weekend. I am travelling for work next week so I decided to turn it into a three way trip and take a few days to go back to CO to visit my parents. So I regrettably cannot make it to fill the bowl. I decided that it was more worth it to me to spend some time with my parents than it would be to attend fill the bowl, but it honestly was a tough decision, and I hope that Badgers fans don't take it for granted how awesome it is that the team can put on this event every couple of years and how much support they have in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
                      Frankly I was underwhelmed by the performance of the Badgers against St Thomas. They struggled for almost 2 full periods in the first game before exploding at the end of period 2, only to resume struggling in period 3 and all of game 2. I was hoping for more dominant performances from start to finish in both games. StC will be much more difficult to handle than StT, and the Badgers have to step it up this coming weekend or they may suffer a loss to StC raising the specter of further unpleasantries the following 2 weekends.
                      I appreciate this perspective. It's always neat to read someone else's take on the same event. I agree they did not have a perfect weekend, but I left the rink a bit more satisfied than you did.

Random thoughts....
                      LE is definitely figuring out the college game. She doesn't look quick with her skates or her hands, yet the results are there. It's like she takes 3 strides which looks like not a lot of effort, but yet she gets a lot of distance out of those strides. SS is just amazing in that she looks like she's not striding at all, yet she's rocketing around the rink. I could watch her skate all day. Some of the smaller players look like they are chopping wood with their skates to make speed. Simms had a mega dangle play that she didn't score on, but she sliced her way through the defenders like Badger teeth through a rodent. I hope Enright is ok. She was getting mixed into the other lines the weekend before, maybe just on partial line changes, but she showed great vision. Her and Picard are going to do great things next season with more icetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                        Everyone have fun at fill the bowl this weekend. I am travelling for work next week so I decided to turn it into a three way trip and take a few days to go back to CO to visit my parents. So I regrettably cannot make it to fill the bowl. I decided that it was more worth it to me to spend some time with my parents than it would be to attend fill the bowl, but it honestly was a tough decision, and I hope that Badgers fans don't take it for granted how awesome it is that the team can put on this event every couple of years and how much support they have in general.
                        It's going to be a blast. I am bringing 5 additional people to the game, so I am doing my part to fill the bowl. Have safe travels.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Man, I love those Badger jerseys! They used them only one other time, if I'm not mistaken (though I don't recall that particular event). Somebody's brother, Sydney McKibbon maybe, used to show up at LaBahn pretty regularly wearing one, but they never offered them for sale as an 'alternate' jersey, etc.

The other thing I remember is how utterly smothering the Gopher D was, no 'time and space' allowed. Frustrating.
                          I really disliked those jerseys!

I really disliked that game! The most miserable game I have ever attended. I think this UW team needs to watch that game film on how to manage time and space. This is an area where they are lacking.
                          Last edited by Timothy A; 02-02-2023, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I really disliked those jerseys!

I really disliked that game! The most miserable game I have ever attended. I think this UW team needs to watch that game film on how to manage time and space. This is an area where they are lacking.
                            In Gopher lore we call that particular event the "Smoking the Bowl" game.

Comment

• Looking very forward to today's game. Sadly I will miss tomorrow's. We have a ice fishing trip planned for Green Bay Sunday am and are overnighting in Titletown so I can't squeeze the game in in person. I was looking forward to gauging St. Cloud's progress as a team from my normal perch. I don't think I'll learn much tonight from the big sheet of ice from up high.

Comment

Looking very forward to today's game. Sadly I will miss tomorrow's. We have a ice fishing trip planned for Green Bay Sunday am and are overnighting in Titletown so I can't squeeze the game in in person. I was looking forward to gauging St. Cloud's progress as a team from my normal perch. I don't think I'll learn much tonight from the big sheet of ice from up high.
                                Cranky Pat's Pizza, on Bellevue off of Mason, the 'east side'. One of my family's restaurants. Thin crust, 'traditional' toppings (as opposed to all the weird stuff they put on pizza at Ian's in Madison, eg). Probably a bit on the pricey side. Pat was my father, it's now run by his granddaughter, my niece. Yes, he was generally rather cranky.

Comment

Working...
                                X