Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patricio View Post
    [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana]I want to see Enright and GS continue to get a decent share of time and the line to be a viable contributor (ala StT game 1). So, for line 4, I offer a half-baked idea. With her overall abilities, I see Harvey as a hybrid F/D (ala Sophie Jaques of OhSt). She often moves deep into the offensive zone, she has a blistering shot, and she is racking up assists. Ergo, make Harvey a 3rd F on Line4. .
    Interesting thought, but I am not a fan of Helgeson getting more time @ D. If I see her on the ice against UMD, UM or OSU and UW's not up 8-0, I will be questioning the coaching staff (unthinkable I know). The gap between the 6th and 7th D is a large canyon. I think she did fine as a fill in F on the 4th line. She made a really nice centering pass to LE in the 3rd period on a 2 on 1, though it looked like she was loading up to shoot, but I yelled "PASS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and she did.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Headed to St. Cloud tomorrow. I hope practicing at the Kohl Center has prepped the team for the bigger sheet of ice at SCSU. I also hope that SCSU isn't playing the goon hockey that we were accustomed to seeing out of UND. And, I will do my best to adjust to not sitting behind the goal. It's fun to go to SCSU because the WI fans generally outnumber the SCSU fans, although maybe that will be different this year. Also, Coyote Moon Grille serves an excellent prime rib on Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
        Headed to St. Cloud tomorrow. I hope practicing at the Kohl Center has prepped the team for the bigger sheet of ice at SCSU. I also hope that SCSU isn't playing the goon hockey that we were accustomed to seeing out of UND. And, I will do my best to adjust to not sitting behind the goal. It's fun to go to SCSU because the WI fans generally outnumber the SCSU fans, although maybe that will be different this year. Also, Coyote Moon Grille serves an excellent prime rib on Saturday night.
        What a fun trip that sounds like. Every year I ponder a road trip, but it just doesn't seem to come together. I'd prefer a Sat/Sun setup so I can see 2 games, but that isn't there this year. Right now I am pondering a trip to St. Thomas, but I recall reading the rink isn't the most modern, but similar to LaBahn with those fine fine metal bleacher seats. I suppose I could ditch work at noon and see both.

The other son is getting married this weekend, so I will not be able to see the women or the men play live. I am dvring the lads, I want to see for myself how good or bad they are. Apparently I could watch the women's games later as well with my B1G+ deal. We shall see.

Saw on the tweeder UW has no players from WI on the roster this year. First time ever. Interesting. It's rather shocking that there has been a player from WI on the roster until this year considering WI is not a girls HS hockey hotbed. Obviously the ones who do get to UW are usually not via a non WI HS route.

Noticed Gervais has an assist on the stats sheet, cool beans.

The only question I can think of of interest is will Eden play this weekend? Crazy to say but they didn't even miss her Saturday, LOL. Let's shoot for the balanced scoring amongst the 4 lines to continue and let's see some pp magic.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Apparently I could watch the women's games later as well with my B1G+ deal. We shall see.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          All four games, men and women, are on the 'calendar' for BTN Plus and so will be available to watch afterward, "forever".

Comment

• Getting injury info is always difficult, but I was told Eden was considered day-to-day on Saturday.
            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by NMH View Post
              Getting injury info is always difficult, but I was told Eden was considered day-to-day on Saturday.
              I understand she had a slight shoulder injury. She looked just fine on the ice tonight.

Comment

• Awesome win of course, way to go ladies.

Revamped D pairs.....Harvey and Jungels as the #2 D pair. Didn't see that coming, though it's not entirely implausible since KK is not your everyday Fr and Jungels is the typical step in and play D you would expect UW to recruit. Pair 1 is LaMantia and Buchbinder and pair 3 is Edwards and Kotlowski.

It's a lot of fun when you just can't predict whose going to score in any one game with the immense depth on this team. 3 goals of D last night. When's the last time that ever happened?

0-5 on the pp, geepers that sucks. Curl and Simms had no sog last night.

Comment

0-5 on the pp, geepers that sucks. Curl and Simms had no sog last night.
                  The Power Play units are moving the puck pretty well (with a few breakdowns along the way), but something is just slightly off. I am confident the coaches are working on it!
                  Could someone please find out, and then report, why Carolyn Harvey's nickname is KK? Did she have a family member that couldn't pronounce Carolyn?

Comment

The Power Play units are moving the puck pretty well (with a few breakdowns along the way), but something is just slightly off. I am confident the coaches are working on it!
                    Could someone please find out, and then report, why Carolyn Harvey's nickname is KK? Did she have a family member that couldn't pronounce Carolyn?
                    I don't know about the 'why', but when she gets old enough, there's a pretty obvious NIL opportunity waiting for her in Madison. :-)

Comment

• Well that was interesting. A great character builder / clutch performance at the end of the game to tie and win. Compher with a 3 A game, KK 1G 2A. Curt ppg and OB with the other goals. I hope losing that point isn't the difference down the road between a title or not. Or gaining 2 points from a practically certain 0 could also be the difference.

Watched the goals against. Goal 1 the first defender who had a chance to disrupt was flatfooted off a line change and was blown right by; Defender 2 played whose number I can't make out, 20 something, (maybe Wheeler a F), played that one on one tight really bad as well and Gervais missed on the pokecheck. On ice were KK, OB, Eden, Wheeler, CE.

Goal number 2 was a great move by Nylund cutting to the center and used used a Badger covering someone else as a pick to screw up the 2 defenders on her and it was a great shot to beat Gervais. There a was F had she kept skating she could have disrupted from behind but she was just gliding to Nylund cutting across. Lazy effort there. Jungels Kotlowski, Simms Enright Woz.

Comment

• Any thoughts on how UW was kept off the board 5-on-5? Hot goalie, didn't get bounces, SCSU getting better under Idalski, or just one of those yearly mysteries of great pressure not changing the scoreboard as often as one might expect?
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Any thoughts on how UW was kept off the board 5-on-5? Hot goalie, didn't get bounces, SCSU getting better under Idalski, or just one of those yearly mysteries of great pressure not changing the scoreboard as often as one might expect?
                          I did not see either game, had a wedding. I too would like to get the scoop on the comeback game.

Comment

I did not see either game, had a wedding. I too would like to get the scoop on the comeback game.
                            I had hockey streaming on my tablet while football vs Michigan State was on the TV. So I wasn't watching closely, and was watching on a device that didn't give a particularly good 'view'. But shots were 39 to 13 when the extra attack goal went in. So, hot goalie, 'puck luck', one of those days, yadda yadda.

(I continue to be amazed how frequently pulling the goalie works. It just shouldn't work that often.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I had hockey streaming on my tablet while football vs Michigan State was on the TV. So I wasn't watching closely, and was watching on a device that didn't give a particularly good 'view'. But shots were 39 to 13 when the extra attack goal went in. So, hot goalie, 'puck luck', one of those days, yadda yadda.

(I continue to be amazed how frequently pulling the goalie works. It just shouldn't work that often.)
                              We were there and my very amateur comments are that we just played "off" for the entire first period of the second game. We simply looked out-of-sync. I heard one fan mumble that the team was "playing like crap." I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it wasn't pretty. The second and third periods were better, of course. In that first period, our passes weren't connecting cleanly and our SOGs all seemed to be going into the belly of the goalie. Throughout the entire game, the refs were letting SCSU get away with lots of holding and interference (including a couple of body checks that were stunning). I definitely saw patterns of UND goon-style hockey, but I'm generally more sensitive to rough hockey than other fans. The Badger comeback was amazing to watch, honestly. I know some folks don't like 3 on 3, but I always feel like the Badgers have the advantage in that situation. And I was right!

Comment

I know some folks don't like 3 on 3, but I always feel like the Badgers have the advantage in that situation. And I was right!
                                I very much dislike the 3 on 3, but yeah with that talent level against an overmatched opponent the odds of getting that extra point are high.

Comment

Working...
                                X