Clear All

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

And back to hockey!
    I tried!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I tried!
      Yes -- hockey! I knew nothing about Josefin Bouveng, so a bit of research indicated that she's 21 and a couple of YouTube highlights would indicate that she can finish (although everybody finishes in highlights, so there's that.) Her chances of being in the top 9 are better than I originally thought, as I think she has more offensive upside than a few others. Some of you have likely said as much; my bad.

With new players, it often comes down to how they start. Norcross debuted on a line with Heise, didn't produce much offense, and worked her way down the lines. I'd expect Bouveng to at least get a shot. The season doesn't start with the toughest games, so they may have a few weeks to figure some things out, provided that the go-to players are connecting.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        and a couple of YouTube highlights would indicate that she can finish (although everybody finishes in highlights, so there's that.)
        You too can see if it would "indicate that she can finish" You also can get a good pronunciation of her name. I'm just going to go with JoBo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6UOERJcgKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrHkUplsveg
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-16-2022, 03:34 PM.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          You also can get a good pronunciation of her name. I'm just going to go with JoBo.
          Which, as I understand it, goes all the way back to the BCE. ; )

Comment

#5 (who actually wore #4 for the U22 developmental series against Canada) played pretty well for team USA. The puck was not on her stick very much as she passed the puck more than I am used to seeing. Hopefully we see this version of #5 this upcoming season.

For #18 in this series, it was the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good...The skill was on display with a couple of goals (she scored a really nice breakaway goal on the backhand). The bad...Too many penalties. The ugly...She was roughed up by numerous Canadian players with checks and slashes, most of them uncalled penalties. Whatever she is/was doing or saying is making her a target. Not going to easy to stay healthy with that level of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

For #18 in this series, it was the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good...The skill was on display with a couple of goals (she scored a really nice breakaway goal on the backhand). The bad...Too many penalties. The ugly...She was roughed up by numerous Canadian players with checks and slashes, most of them uncalled penalties. Whatever she is/was doing or saying is making her a target. Not going to easy to stay healthy with that level of abuse.
              I’m assuming this is Abby Murphy? Did she always have this pest / instigator role? Does she have a different role in college vs USA hockey? I felt like last summer she was so confident and leaning into her skills at worlds - super fun to watch. Olympics lead up- it was like she had been turned into a goon with a completely different role, only let into the ice to take penalties. I preferred the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

I’m assuming this is Abby Murphy? Did she always have this pest / instigator role? Does she have a different role in college vs USA hockey? I felt like last summer she was so confident and leaning into her skills at worlds - super fun to watch. Olympics lead up- it was like she had been turned into a goon with a completely different role, only let into the ice to take penalties. I preferred the former.
                Yes...Abby Murphy. She can be "feisty" and hopefully, for the upcoming college season, we see some of that toned down a bit.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-22-2022, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Women's Hockey Schedule announced:

https://gophersports.com/sports/wome...hedule/2022-23

Comment

https://gopherpucklive.com/forum/gop.../3/#post-36171

Comment

Minnesota tops the WCHA coaches poll by a very slim margin. The Yuckeyes received 3 first place votes and Minnesota received 3 as well. (It was probably difficult for the Muzzinater to not vote for her own team)

The Yuckeyes get 3 players on the Preseason all league team (Sinners shut out). Caroline Harvey voted preseason rookie of the year so there is that for the Sinners.

https://wcha.com/news/2022/9/12/hock...ason-poll.aspx
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-13-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting juxtaposition with the USCHO national poll selecting OSU as 1 with Minnesota 2 while the WCHA coaches poll reverses those two positions. OSU has a forward, a D and the goaler on the preseason all league team. I guess we will see on the G and I cannot disagree, she looks as good as any based on past form. I don't see how anyone could disagree with Maltais and Jaques. Jaques was lots of people's choice for best player in the league last year and Maltais was in that same position the year before. But I also cannot disagree with the coaches, the Gophers look loaded too. It looks like it will be a fun season. I eagerly await actual hockey in place of just Tim bloviating about hockey.
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                          I eagerly await actual hockey in place of just Tim bloviating about hockey.
                          Inflated yes, empty, no. LOL
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Be nice to Tim. I think he provides a useful counterpoint to robertearle's reality-based posts.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Timothy A can be entertaining depending on the level of thinner consumption...

Comment

Obviously some people outside the fanbase are expecting big things to come from the tunnels this year. What does the fanbase think?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X