Minnesota Gophers 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers 2022-23

Confirmation of all returning Gophers (everybody!) who have remaining eligibility. This team should have no problem scoring goals - in bunches - against most teams. Questions exist in the goaltending position and in building a solid team defensive core.

https://gophersports.com/news/2022/4...r-2022-23.aspx
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Confirmation of all returning Gophers (everybody!) who have remaining eligibility. This team should have no problem scoring goals - in bunches - against most teams. Questions exist in the goaltending position and in building a solid team defensive core.

https://gophersports.com/news/2022/4...r-2022-23.aspx
    Everybody... except Amy Potomak?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Everybody... except Amy Potomak?
      It was evident that she had some frustrations with her linemates at time. Maybe there were things we don't or can't know about that happened in the locker room or at practice. Watching the PHF games one can see how team play can beat individual heroics. When you get penalized as much as Amy was, you add more stress to the other players who need to cover your absence.
      Best wishes for Amy, and hoping to see the US play against her in the international competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

It was evident that she had some frustrations with her linemates at time. Maybe there were things we don't or can't know about that happened in the locker room or at practice. Watching the PHF games one can see how team play can beat individual heroics. When you get penalized as much as Amy was, you add more stress to the other players who need to cover your absence.
        Best wishes for Amy, and hoping to see the US play against her in the international competitions.
        I was just pointing out that "everybody" isn't quite everybody.

Comment

Maybe she’s been deleted from the 21/22 roster.

Comment

Originally posted by lindsay View Post

maybe she’s been deleted from the 21/22 roster.
            lol

Comment

Potomak's departure back to Canada was publicized a couple of months ago. The article I posted the link to was all about who's returning.

Comment

Ice Garden top 25 players under 25 years of age:

Number 20: Josefin Bouveng

Number 17: Grace Zumwinkle

Number 16: Nelli Laitinen

Number 13: Taylor Heise

They are only down to 11, top ten still to come.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

The Pens need to fire Kessel, she single handedly lost the series for them.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    The Pens need to fire Kessel, she single handedly lost the series for them.
                    Time to lay off the thinner, Tim. < wink >

Comment

I read a tweet that Ridder is getting shrunk to NHL size. I had no idea it was Olympic sized to begin with. Will that hurt home ice advantage or help them since most of the away rinks are that sized anyway.

Comment

I read a tweet that Ridder is getting shrunk to NHL size. I had no idea it was Olympic sized to begin with. Will that hurt home ice advantage or help them since most of the away rinks are that sized anyway.
                        Ridder at 200' x 85' is already NHL sized. Plan are moving ahead for the "3M Arena at Mariucci" (next door) to be downsized from the current 200' x 100' to 200' x 90' (same as Kohl).

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Ridder at 200' x 85' is already NHL sized. Plan are moving ahead for the "3M Arena at Mariucci" (next door) to be downsized from the current 200' x 100' to 200' x 90' (same as Kohl).
                          That makes sense, the Tweet was a little confusing. Ridder getting other upgrades from Watts I saw.

Comment

That makes sense, the Tweet was a little confusing. Ridder getting other upgrades from Watts I saw.
                            I saw that a cheese head excluder was being developed and may be instituted for the 2022-2023 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                              I saw that a cheese head excluder was being developed and may be instituted for the 2022-2023 season.
                              If I ever went to a UW game @ UM, I would not wear my cheesehead. I would probably pick a Natty hat. I think not the one from the NE Natty either....

UW is at UM 2/11 & 2/12. Maybe I'll finally get there this year, nothing in the way that weekend (hopefully not $7.00 gas), of course not putting snow tires on might freak some of you our LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X