2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

I didn't want to drag up the old Penn State thread from this past season, so I'm starting a new one for the 2022-23 season.

This is hard to write, but I think someone else can feel free to post Penn State women's hockey news going forward. My twin brother passed away, and it's really taken the wind out of my sails, as we shared a huge love for women's hockey - he was a diehard UMD fan when he was still in Duluth, and he kind of adopted Penn State after he moved to North Carolina since I'm here at Penn State. He didn't post much here (his user name was Lurky McLurkface), but we sure talked a lot about women's hockey. I can't see turning away from women's hockey, but my enthusiasm won't be the same without him to talk to. I suppose that could change by the time hockey season rolls around, so we'll see.

Anyway...here's the thread for the upcoming season.

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    I didn't want to drag up the old Penn State thread from this past season, so I'm starting a new one for the 2022-23 season.

This is hard to write, but I think someone else can feel free to post Penn State women's hockey news going forward. My twin brother passed away, and it's really taken the wind out of my sails, as we shared a huge love for women's hockey - he was a diehard UMD fan when he was still in Duluth, and he kind of adopted Penn State after he moved to North Carolina since I'm here at Penn State. He didn't post much here (his user name was Lurky McLurkface), but we sure talked a lot about women's hockey. I can't see turning away from women's hockey, but my enthusiasm won't be the same without him to talk to. I suppose that could change by the time hockey season rolls around, so we'll see.

Anyway...here's the thread for the upcoming season.
    I'm so genuinely sorry for your loss. Words are small consolation, but let me assure you that your brother's spirit lives on through you and all the shared memories you have together, and that's a forever thing. I know many others will join me in saying this; I'm sending positive thoughts your way as you go through this very sad and difficult time. My heartfelt condolences also go to you and your entire family. I sincerely hope you'll keep posting. You're part of this crazy fan forum family and we wouldn't be the same without you. Take good care of yourself please!

Comment

My condolences Zed. Take care,

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Please keep posting here, Zed. I bet that's what your twin brother would have wanted. Godspeed.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Thank you Zed, for sharing about your loss with us. I echo what others have already posted on the thread in offering my condolences to you and your family.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

So sorry to hear Zed, my sincerest condolences. Keep posting away, your posts were very informative about the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Thank you Zed, for sharing about your loss with us. I echo what others have already posted on the thread in offering my condolences to you and your family.
                Oh my, I'm so glad I decided to pop into this thread. I second the sharing about the loss. We are all brothers and sisters in the women's forum, a really fun mix of folks who do care for each other in a very small community. My heart truly aches for you.

It looks like Lurky really enjoyed making polls and saw a great run by UMD, lots of posts about the NCAA tourney this year. Smiley face.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Oh my, I'm so glad I decided to pop into this thread. I second the sharing about the loss. We are all brothers and sisters in the women's forum, a really fun mix of folks who do care for each other in a very small community. My heart truly aches for you.

It looks like Lurky really enjoyed making polls and saw a great run by UMD, lots of posts about the NCAA tourney this year. Smiley face.
                  For a second time, I find myself agreeing with Timothy.
                  Keep with us Zed.

Comment

Zed so sorry about your brother, what a bummer. Remember the good times.

Comment

Zed, so sorry for your loss. As others have said, I also have appreciated your contributions to the forum and hope they don’t stop. Maybe consider them in memoriam for your brother going forward. Sounds like that could be a fitting legacy given his participation in the forum as well. Regardless, you have my thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words and condolences - that really hit home, and it means a lot. Guys aren't supposed to admit it, but you broke me, and I needed that. This is one special group, and I thank you.

Comment

The Women's Hockey Team's loss is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's gain as the women's hockey reporter, Brooke Steach has graduated and news will evidently be at a trickle without her. However, a shout out to Ms. Steach for a job well done for covering PSU Women's Hockey.

Comment

Incoming Freshman
                            “Janecke on ! #U18WomensWorlds https://t.co/dTVkocaNZl”

Comment

Penn State has announced its 2022-23 schedule, and the regular season starts with a bang - a home series against Wisconsin at Pegula Ice Arena on Septmeber 22-23, both at 7:00 PM (Eastern). Penn State will play five non-conference teams from the 2021-22 NCAA tournament: Wisconsin, Minnesota-Duluth, Colgate, Yale, and Minnesota.

Schedule: https://gopsusports.com/sports/women...ockey/schedule

Article: https://gopsusports.com/news/2022/6/...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X