No announcement yet.

2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn state are the 2022-23 cha champions!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      Penn state are the 2022-23 cha champions!!
      Congratulations!

Do you have an autobid to the big dance or did CHA lose that as a 5 team league?

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Congratulations!

Do you have an autobid to the big dance or did CHA lose that as a 5 team league?
        Penn State gets an autobid into the national tournament.

Julie Gough scored the OT winner. It's a shame either team had to lose this one - what a game.

Comment

Julie Gough scored the OT winner. It's a shame either team had to lose this game.
          Congratulations again!!

Comment

Julie Gough scored the OT winner. It's a shame either team had to lose this one - what a game.
            Congrats Penn State and Penn State fans. 2 beauty goals off of faceoffs today, one a piece for each team. Hurst played their hearts out, what else can you ask for.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Congratulations again!!
              Thanks, from a fan...it's been a long time coming. Man, all respect to Ena Nystrom in the Mercyhurst net - this game could have easily seen another three Penn State goals if she hadn't stood on her head. They've been so close the past couple seasons, and they finally put the pieces together this year. I have no idea who they might see first in the national tournament...any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Congrats Penn State and Penn State fans. 2 beauty goals off of faceoffs today, one a piece for each team. Hurst played their hearts out, what else can you ask for.
                Both of those faceoff goals were beauties - Josie Bothun never even saw Sara Boucher's shot it was so quick. Mercyhurst looked great today, as they always do at tournament time, and their defense was stifling.

Comment

• Barnburner!

Comment

• Here's the OT championship winner: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...31438496694272

Comment

Thanks, from a fan...it's been a long time coming. Man, all respect to Ena Nystrom in the Mercyhurst net - this game could have easily seen another three Penn State goals if she hadn't stood on her head. They've been so close the past couple seasons, and they finally put the pieces together this year. I have no idea who they might see first in the national tournament...any ideas?
                      Because Quinny and Clarkson are 8 and 9, the NC$$ selection committee will probably switch Penn State and Clarkson to avoid a intraconference Quarterfinal and a Quinny/Penn State Winner will meet #1 Ohio State.
                      My guess per the Pairwise predictor with Clarkson and Penn State switched:
                      1 Ohio State
                      8 Quinnipiac
                      10 Penn State
                      2 Minnesota
                      7 Minn Duluth
                      9 Clarkson
                      3 Colgate
                      6 Wisconsin
                      11 LIU
                      4 Yale
                      5 Northeastern
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• It was an amazing, hard fought game. Well played by both teams! I agree with Zed, this has been a long time coming and I'm so happy for the whole team and coaching staff!!

There was a great crowd with an announced attendance of 1650 (3rd highest ever for PSU women's hockey.) Penn State spring break started today so the fan support (including the student section) was even more impressive given that lots of people are out of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUfan View Post
                          I agree with Zed, this has been a long time coming and I'm so happy for the whole team and coaching staff!!
                          Unless I'm forgetting something, this is the first time that a Kampersal-coached team has won a D-I postseason tourney. Congrats to him and the Nittany Lions!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Enjoy the NCAAs.

Comment

I'm a little surprised by the Lakers' coverage on that play. When #3 gets beat off the wall, I'd expect the center to help rather than let the puck carrier walk to the net. Maybe the thinking is that the goalie has the puck carrier and everybody else takes away the passing options, but the D in front is cheating to Gough, so there is still a pass option in front. Seems rather passive with the game on the line. Anyway, nice shot.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                I'm a little surprised by the Lakers' coverage on that play. When #3 gets beat off the wall, I'd expect the center to help rather than let the puck carrier walk to the net. Maybe the thinking is that the goalie has the puck carrier and everybody else takes away the passing options, but the D in front is cheating to Gough, so there is still a pass option in front. Seems rather passive with the game on the line. Anyway, nice shot.
                                Not that she was super close to Janecke, but I wonder if the center was hesitant to stray too far from Janecke, who has an OT winner against Hurst already this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X