No announcement yet.

2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood and RIT play each other next weekend and it may determine fourth place. RIT after earning that tie against PSU went on to beat St Lawrence and Syracuse. Lindenwood took the first two from RIT, but RIT seems to be playing better as of late.

Comment

• After one, it's Lindenwood up 1-0 on Penn State, and they also lead the shots on goal 8-4. That's not a typo - Penn State only managed 4 shots on goal. Penn State also took the only two penalties in the period. Lindenwood has Penn State's number so far. Penn State's passing is horrible, and nothing is clicking.

Comment

• After two, it's tied 2-2 on goals from Courtney Correia and Olivia Wallin. Shots on goal are 26-13 for Penn State. Penn State took 3 penalties and Lindenwood took 2. The refs lost control of the game in that period. Every time the Lindenwood goalie froze a puck and there was a crowd at the net, Lindenwood would start pushing and shoving, and not just the usual stuff, and no whistles would blow. When Penn State finally decided to push back, out came the whistles...ugh. At least it's tied up heading into the third.

Comment

• It's 4-2 Penn State on goals from Olivia Wallin and Kiara Zanon, and there's half a period to go, but I have to leave, so I'll miss the rest of this one.

Comment

• Final score 6-3 with goals from MacKay and Machado (and an unfortunate last minute of the 3rd period goal by Lindenwood.). Nice Senior Day sweep with another great crowd (1232)! Kiara Zanon breaks her own program single season record for points with 42 and breaks Natalie Heising's single season program record for goals with 21.

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
            It's 4-2 Penn State on goals from Olivia Wallin and Kiara Zanon, and there's half a period to go, but I have to leave, so I'll miss the rest of this one.
            Last edited by PSUfan; 01-28-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUfan View Post
              Final score 6-3 with goals from MacKay and Machado (and an unfortunate last minute of the 3rd period goal by Lindenwood.). Nice Senior Day sweep with another great crowd (1232)! Kiara Zanon breaks her own program single season record for points with 42 and breaks Natalie Heising's single season program record for goals with 21.
              Geez...I should start leaving in the third period for the rest of the games, if they're going to open up the scoring like that! Good on them for finding that scoring touch, and especially nice on Senior Day. I see Mercyhurst demolished Syracuse today, so this final stretch of CHA regular season is going to get interesting. They play tomorrow, too, and Mercyhurst will likely handle Syracuse like they did today - if so, Mercyhurst will be in second place and creeping up on Penn State.

Comment

• Penn State has four games left, two against Syracuse and two against RIT. PSU has a 3-1 series advantage on Mercyhurst. This translates into PSU has a margin of error of 1.5 games. PSU needs to go 2-1-1 over the last four to guarantee first place. That of course assumes that Mercyhurst does not falter at all with their six games left.

Penn State hits the 20 game win total for the first time in program history.

Yes, in response to the PSU fan that, It is nice to get Julie Gough back again. Gough and Janecke appear to have chemistry working and Gough is always capable in stringing multiple games in a row with goals scored.

​​​​

Comment

• Penn State moved up into the top 10 in this week's USCHO poll: https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/

Comment

• About time PSU moved up in the rankings, BU beat Vermont 2-1 and Cornell was shellacked by Dartmouth 5-1. It's going to take more flubs by other teams to move up any further.

Wallin is quietly being productive, 3rd on the team in scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                      About time PSU moved up in the rankings, BU beat Vermont 2-1 and Cornell was shellacked by Dartmouth 5-1. It's going to take more flubs by other teams to move up any further.

Wallin is quietly being productive, 3rd on the team in scoring.
                      Penn State is #10 in the USA Today poll now, too, and you're right - I don't see them moving any higher without someone above them really dropping the ball. Cornell dropped three places this week after getting trounced by Dartmouth. I wish there was time left in the regular season to have Penn State mix it up with more top ten teams, just to see how it goes. They're going to need to really focus on consistency for the rest of this season (and post-season, if they get there).

In CHA monthly awards, Tessa Janecke and Josie Bothun were named Rookie and Goalie of the Month, the fourth monthly award for each of them this season

Comment

• After taking a look at Clarkson's losses and upcoming schedule, PSU will be nipping at their heels. The Syracuse PSU rivalry is always a good one. Syracuse ended up tieing Mercyhurst in that second game and in CHA fashion would love to put a ding on PSU. DeSmet, the Syracuse goalie, has not had the year she had last year. Bothun has been really good for PSU.

Comment

• Penn State really looking to bump in to the top 9 Pairwise...As long as they don't lose any tough ones down the stretch here to a weaker team they should be able to gain on Clarkson.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyDad2023 View Post
                            Penn State really looking to bump in to the top 9 Pairwise...As long as they don't lose any tough ones down the stretch here to a weaker team they should be able to gain on Clarkson.
                            Syracuse is #36 and RIT is #40. I don't think they're getting any bump from beating either of them. If moving up one more space on the ladder is the goal, better start rooting for Clarkson (or someone above them) to start losing.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• The CHA finally selected their new commissioner - Michelle Morgan. I've never heard of her, but her resume sure is busy: https://chawomenshockey.com/news/202...missioner.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                                The CHA finally selected their new commissioner - Michelle Morgan. I've never heard of her, but her resume sure is busy: https://chawomenshockey.com/news/202...missioner.aspx
                                Looks to be a Minnesota native. Years with the St. Thomas program, and worked for the Minnesota Wild. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X