2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Speaking of creative goals, watch Tessa Janecke set up this Kiara Zanon goal: https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...19629386268673
    My goodness, that was the coolest goal I’ve seen in a while. And the barehand handshake post celebration. Well done!

I don’t recall a Michigan in womens college hockey. This was cool … let’s see an actual Michigan too.

Comment

• Kampersal seemed awful calm and optimistic in his live appearance on the PSU radio show. Bothun had a great weekend. The offense has been getting production in all sorts of places. The D limited Syracuse to under 20 shots both games. I noticed Flanagan and his assistant are coaching some type of USA hockey team. Maybe Syracuse should have kept the assistant. Glad to see Bothun come out on top of DeSmet as those are last two CHA goalie of the year award winners and Bothun has to have the leg up in the rubber match now. Of course the Mercyhurst goalie may have a say in it all, but this is purely just talking about the rubber match between the last two CHA award winners. I guess the Mercyhurst goalie would be characterized as the spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

My goodness, that was the coolest goal I’ve seen in a while. And the barehand handshake post celebration. Well done!

I don’t recall a Michigan in womens college hockey. This was cool … let’s see an actual Michigan too.
        I've always referred to the original as the "Leggendary Goal," in honor of goal scorer Mike Legg. I was actually in the building that day at Munn. (Michigan State was hosting a Men's Hockey Regional)

Murphy's Law: My seat location couldn't have been farther from the play, and what actually happened didn't register with me. It was only after the game, speaking with a friend by phone, that I got the rest of the story. She was amped up, and said: Hey! You were there for the special goal!

My Not-In-The-Know Response: What special goal? You mean the wrap around where the goalie was slow getting to the post?

Naturally I've seen the replay countless times. And I do feel fortunate that I was an "eyewitness." But I've always felt a little sheepish that I missed the lacrosse component when watching live. Though as far as I can remember, everyone else in my section missed it too. Or at least didn't verbalize any sort of response. So there is some comfort in that. (weak smile emoticon here)

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool to see someone even think about a Michigan, but a freshman? That's some top-level confidence. I did like the cheeky barehanded handshake afterwards, too.

Comment

• (deleted - sorry, I didn't see that Lindsey had already posted this in another thread):

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...omen%E2%80%99s

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 12-05-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

(deleted - sorry, I didn't see that Lindsey had already posted this in another thread):

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...omen%E2%80%99s

It’s all good! Makes just as much sense here! Janecke to the US roster for rivalry series. Congrats to her.

Comment

• I agree. There isn't that much news during the week. We can be allowed to talk about it in more than one place.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Zanon should be on that USA roster also. No slight to any of the other girls. I'm surprised at the number of pwhl invites.

Comment

Has Janecke scored a Michigan before? The fake is an easy play - just a wrap around - made interesting when the threat of the Michigan is real. Has she done it before? I know there are a few girls that have - the younger Gorbatenko in a u14 game, Morrison this fall in MN elite league, at least one other - have there been any in womens NCAA?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckLover View Post

Has Janecke scored a Michigan before? The fake is an easy play - just a wrap around - made interesting when the threat of the Michigan is real. Has she done it before? I know there are a few girls that have - the younger Gorbatenko in a u14 game, Morrison this fall in MN elite league, at least one other - have there been any in womens NCAA?
                      Reminiscent of the folks who couldn’t enjoy Watts ot championship goal.

Comment

• Here's a nice feature from Tessa Janecke's local TV news about her playing for Team USA in the upcoming Rivalry Series:

https://www.wifr.com/2022/12/13/oran...y-senior-team/

Comment

Here's a nice feature from Tessa Janecke's local TV news about her playing for Team USA in the upcoming Rivalry Series:

https://www.wifr.com/2022/12/13/oran...y-senior-team/
                          Great picture here from Knight's days at Wisconsin. I hope Timothy checks this out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Great picture here from Knight's days at Wisconsin. I hope Timothy checks this out.
                            very cute. There’s getting to be more and more of those pics with Knight and a little girl, now current teammate. Definitely a special player whose had an incredible impact on the game.

after her college debut, Janecke remarked how special it was to play that first game against the team she grew up watching. So nice to see this accumulation of history in the women’s NCAA game.

Comment

• Penn State hits the ice this afternoon and tomorrow in a home series against Long Island University. Puck drop is at 2:00 PM (Eastern) today, and 1:00 PM (Eastern) tomorrow. As with all Penn State home series, the games are streaming on BTN+ ($).

This is the last out-of-conference series this season for Penn State. There isn't much of a storyline for the weekend, other than it being the first time back to Pegula Ice Arena for Mikayla Lantto, who transferred from Penn State to LIU for her senior season. Penn State has another two-week break after this weekend before getting back into the second round of CHA play.

Friday streaming video link: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1536278

Saturday streaming video link: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1561930

Comment

• After one, it's Penn State up 2-0 on goals from Kiara Zanon and Alyssa Machado. Shots on goal are 17-7 for Penn State, and penalties are two for LIU and one for Penn State. I'm not even sure how LIU managed to get 7 shots on goal, but they did. Penn State looked way too fast for their own good, but they settle down as the game goes on, so the rest of this should be fun. Josie Bothun did have a highlight save, when she kicked a rebound right out to an LIU player on the doorstep and had to stretch her skate to the opposite side of the net for a second save on the play...good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X