2022-23 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PSUfan View Post

Penn State has at least 4 players graduating this year (Gangarosa, Hemminger, Correia and MacKay) so there must be more signings coming.
    According to collegecomitments.com, there are two more players coming next season, too:

Taya McDonald, defense, London Jr. Devilettes (PWHL)
    Giavanna Mancy, defense, Hill School (US Tour)

Comment

• PSU"s last player from Shattuck was Prommersberger. Five years in between is to long.

Comment

• I just looked at the upcoming schedule and I have to say I am impressed. I see Yale for two and then Minnesota followed by either Yale or BU. This is definitely not a cupcake schedule. Mel Ruzzi is a good coach today for Brown. I think Newkirk was there last year. Besides Cariocchi being there this year and the Newkirk adds a little extra drama today. These two games are imperative if PSU wants to get to 20 wins.

Comment

• After one period it's Penn State up 1-0 vs Brown, on a powerplay goal from Olivia Wallin. Brown leads the shots on goal 8-4, and each team took a penalty. Brown was all over Penn State in most of the first period, and Penn State didn't manage a shot on goal for the first 14 minutes of the period. The usual dump and chase game plan isn't working at all, so Penn State better figure something else out during the intermission.

Comment

• After two, Penn State is up 3-0 on goals from Alyssa Machado and Tessa Janecke. Shots on goal are 15-14 for Penn State, and Penn State took the only penalty of the period. I don't know who said what during the first period intermission, but Penn State finally looked like themselves in the second, with a lot of really good chances. The goal from Tessa Janecke was one of those that make you scratch your head, wondering how she put the puck where she put it - she's a special player.

Comment

• Correia is a great passer. They should just plug her in with whoever has the hot stick all year long (except against the Lakers :-) ).

Nice set up by Zanon on Janecke’s snipe from the top of the circle. earlier I was thinking Janecke looked tired or something; who knows maybe just a smart player who doesn’t waste energy. Penn State in control 3-0 going in to the third. Sunday Monday… more unusual scheduling but so far they are handling it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                After two, Penn State is up 3-0 on goals from Alyssa Machado and Tessa Janecke. Shots on goal are 15-14 for Penn State, and Penn State took the only penalty of the period. I don't know who said what during the first period intermission, but Penn State finally looked like themselves in the second, with a lot of really good chances. The goal from Tessa Janecke was one of those that make you scratch your head, wondering how she put the puck where she put it - she's a special player.
                People talk about how this generation of women’s hockey players can shoot the puck in a way prior generations couldn’t and Janecke
                is such a good example of that.

Comment

• Penn State comes away with the 3-0 win over Brown. The third period was Penn State playing like Penn State again, so I don't know what they were doing in the first, but they corrected it and played their game the rest of the way. Back at it tomorrow at 2:00 (Eastern).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    Correia is a great passer. They should just plug her in with whoever has the hot stick all year long (except against the Lakers :-) ).
                    I wish Penn State had another season with Correia after this year. You're so right about her passing and play making.

I was thinking Janecke looked tired or something; who knows maybe just a smart player who doesn’t waste energy.
                    I've noticed that a few times with Janecke, and then you blink and she's off to the races, so who knows? I kind of think she's still trying to settle in to what she's going to do on her line...whether she sets up plays or takes the puck herself and drives on the net. She's deceptively quick, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      Nice set up by Zanon on Janecke’s snipe from the top of the circle. earlier I was thinking Janecke looked tired or something; who knows maybe just a smart player who doesn’t waste energy
                      Here's that goal: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...49889784750080

Comment

• After one, it's Penn State up 74-0 on Brown...okay, it's really 2-0...on a powerplay goal from Julie Gough and a beauty from Olivia Wallin. Shots on goal are 17-10 for Penn State. Each team took a penalty. Penn State looks a lot better to start this game than they did starting yesterday.

Comment

• After two, it's still 2-0 Penn State. Shots on goal are 25-11 for Penn State, and both teams took two penalties in that period. Penn State is really controlling this game, and the Brown goalie (Doyle) is doing a great job.

Comment

• Penn State sweeps Brown by a score of 4-2, on goals from Julie Gough and a Kiara Zanon empty-netter. Shots on goal were 32-20 for Penn State. Brown was all over Penn State in the third, had the game tied 2-2 with just over a minute left in regulation, and then Julie Gough got her goal to make it 3-2. For the second series in a row, the announcers mentioned the Penn State defenders and their puck handling (lack thereof). Penn State got chances in the third, but they just looked lazy, maybe thinking 2-0 was going to be good enough. Whew...glad that one is over.

That goalie for Brown (Doyle) had some phenomenal stops today.

Comment

• #11 Penn State heads to New Haven, CT, for a huge Friday/Saturday series against #6 Yale. A sweep here would move Penn State into the top 10 rankings, but they have their work cut out for them against this Yale team.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2022/11...-6-6-yale.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                                #11 Penn State heads to New Haven, CT, for a huge Friday/Saturday series against #6 Yale. A sweep here would move Penn State into the top 10 rankings, but they have their work cut out for them against this Yale team.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2022/11...-6-6-yale.aspx
                                Go State!
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X