No announcement yet.

RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of highlight videos of Aylah Cioffi https://www.hudl.com/profile/15370410/aylah-cioffi. Most are short.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I just noticed that Neutral Zone states that RPI received a commitment a month ago from Aylah Cioffi of the CT Polar Bears 19U team.

List:
      Code:
      # Name Ps commitm. Team (League) Year DOB Ht Wt Hometown NZ*s
      19 Georgia Bailey F 01/05/22 Northwood School (NAPHA) 2023 03/17/05 5'09" 125 Sherbrooke, QC x.xx
      9 Alexis Brunet F 12/06/21 Kingston Ice Wolves (OWHL) 2023 02/07/05 5'06" 165 Kingston, ON 3.25
      15 Aylah Cioffi F 09/24/22 Connecticut Polar Bears 19U 2023 08/23/03 5'05" 134 Revere, MA x.xx
      22 Taryn Rathwell * D 11/24/21 Kingston Ice Wolves (OWHL) 2023 01/28/04 5'04" 136 Belleville, ON x.xx
      xx Morgann Skoda F 04/21/22 College Champlain Cougars (QCHL) 2023 10/26/03 5'10" 170 Mont-Royal, QC 3.50
      4 Charlotte Wensley F 10/01/22 St. Paul's School (Lakes Region) 2024 08/29/05 5'03" 130 Dover, NH 3.00
      NZ has rated Aylah Cioffi as 4.00 *'s with her name misspelled as Crioffi.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Those who have followed the Engineers back as far as the transition years between D1 and D3 may remember Lane Dielwart. This is an interesting article about her, highlighting a few things: the ongoing positive impact of hockey and an RPI education; the potential for competitive women's hockey after college; and the love that everyone had for former coach Bill Cahill: https://womenshockeylife.com/rpi-alu...ampaign=buffer.

Comment

The 3-0 loss to SLU indicates just how much more work the Engineers have ahead of them, to contend for a playoff spot. They were outplayed, but not by a wide margin. The big difference is that the top SLU forwards beat two of our top defensemen with nice moves and then Hustler added another one with a nice shot from the slot. Rampado made some saves worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqCR-Dc5cU.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
            Those who have followed the Engineers back as far as the transition years between D1 and D3 may remember Lane Dielwart. This is an interesting article about her, highlighting a few things: the ongoing positive impact of hockey and an RPI education; the potential for competitive women's hockey after college; and the love that everyone had for former coach Bill Cahill: https://womenshockeylife.com/rpi-alu...ampaign=buffer.
            i remember Lane. She was on the womens team when I first started broadcasting. Solid presence for the Engineers on the blue line with a monster of a shot. If I’m coach Smith, I’m calling her on the phone to inquire about how much her son loves playing..
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

After losing games 3-0 and 6-1 I know this will sound like the delusions of a totally biased RPI fan, but...I actually liked a lot of what I saw from the Engineers this weekend! Their forwards are starting to get a decent number of good scoring opportunities and they need to find a way to convert on more of them, and the defense needs to get tougher against the top players of the opposition...they are getting beaten one on one when they shouldn't. But they are a tough, hard nosed team that finishes their checks and plays the same way no matter who the opposition is or what the score is.... and I am sure that they are not easy to play against, no matter what the score. I think the coaches are on the right track with this team. This is the style of hockey that might work for them.

Comment

After losing games 3-0 and 6-1 I know this will sound like the delusions of a totally biased RPI fan, but...I actually liked a lot of what I saw from the Engineers this weekend! Their forwards are starting to get a decent number of good scoring opportunities and they need to find a way to convert on more of them, and the defense needs to get tougher against the top players of the opposition...they are getting beaten one on one when they shouldn't. But they are a tough, hard nosed team that finishes their checks and plays the same way no matter who the opposition is or what the score is.... and I am sure that they are not easy to play against, no matter what the score. I think the coaches are on the right track with this team. This is the style of hockey that might work for them.
                I hope you are right. There seem to show some spark of competitiveness but not for 60 minutes against teams that play the full game with intensity.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I hope you are right. There seem to show some spark of competitiveness but not for 60 minutes against teams that play the full game with intensity.
                  Big test coming up: 2 of the teams that they may need to put behind them in the standings to make the playoffs. Dartmouth has always been rated as one of the 4 teams likely to miss the playoffs but they will be no push over. On the other hand, most people seem to assume that Harvard will make the playoffs but they have not done anything yet, and may be vulnerable. Always tough to tell with the Ivies 'though, because they are late starters. Key is, however, that these are home games for the Engineers. Hope they can put some noisy fans in the stands.

Comment

Big test coming up: 2 of the teams that they may need to put behind them in the standings to make the playoffs. Dartmouth has always been rated as one of the 4 teams likely to miss the playoffs but they will be no push over. On the other hand, most people seem to assume that Harvard will make the playoffs but they have not done anything yet, and may be vulnerable. Always tough to tell with the Ivies 'though, because they are late starters. Key is, however, that these are home games for the Engineers. Hope they can put some noisy fans in the stands.
                    Girls are even to 1/2 goal favorite against DC and a 1.5 goal underdog to Harvard. I am hoping for a split at the very least but they will have to go all out for the entire game with no third period let down.
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 11-02-2022, 12:20 PM.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• new recruit Brianna Livingstone
                      https://twitter.com/JrDolphins/statu...96434937675779

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...na-livingstone

recruiting profile https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-ic...a-livingstone1

Her line from my recruit list: 5 Brianna Livingstone RD 11/02/22 Etobicoke Jr. Dolphins (OWHL) 2023 xx/xx/05 5'07" 130 Peterborough, ON 2.50
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-02-2022, 01:41 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• After a rather sloppy game in yesterday's loss to Dartmouth, the Engineers looked pretty good today: outplayed Harvard and showed some nice offense with three nice goals, but had to settle for a 3-3 tie.

Comment

• A nice 3-3 tie against Harvard. How many fans showed up for the pack the house night against Dartmouth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            A nice 3-3 tie against Harvard. How many fans showed up for the pack the house night against Dartmouth?
                            According to the box scores, it was 300 at the Dartmouth game and 200 at the Harvard game. Those sound like rough guesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
                              According to the box scores, it was 300 at the Dartmouth game and 200 at the Harvard game. Those sound like rough guesses.
                              Based on my screen viewing I’d say even 200 is a stretch for any Harvard game this year, home or away.
                              Btw, if we clean our media house can we send you four or five guys in trade for one Dan Bahl? He’s just what my doctor ordered.

Comment

• FWIW, starting next season RPI is guaranteed to make the playoffs.
                                https://ecachockey.com/news/2022/11/...structure.aspx
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X