No announcement yet.

RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to post, if for no other reason, to knock the "RPI is gone" thread off the first page. Gave me chest pains when I saw it.

The ECAC Coaches poll has RPI at #10...no surprise there. Big gap between #8 and the rest, suggests that a playoff run will be challenging. Surprised that Rampado didnt get at least a couple votes for Goalie. Looking forward to the Engineers making the playoffs and Rampado as #1 goalie by the end of the year. Nice to have challenges.
    https://www.uscho.com/2022/09/26/def...-coaches-poll/.

Comment

From the only source I have, our girls are a 0.5 goal underdog for the first game. Good luck ladies!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Looks like the cheapest way to watch the RPI/St.Cloud series is by selecting a single sport (hockey) on the bigtenplus site, then selecting monthly pass, for $15.
        Last edited by hab; 09-30-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
          I try not to put much focus on exhibition games. The coach is mostly watching how certain players perform in a game situation vs practice. However, sezenack is right, if we had a lot of talent on the team it should have resulted in a comfortable win against University de Montreal. The weekend against St. Cloud will tell us more. ST. Cloud is showing up as #7 out of 8 in WCHA pre-season polls. WCHA and ECAC are the two toughest conferences, so arguably, RPI and ST.Cloud should be competitive. This series may be a big boost for one team and alarm bells for the other.
          Loud alarm bells for RPI. They lose their opener to St. Cloud 5-0. Badly outplayed throughout the game. No real offence and some astonishing defensive breakdowns. I was hoping to see some promise from the freshmen. Christoff is good, will play on the top two lines and the PP and PK. Beaudoin played but I didn't notice her. Jones got a lot of ice time on D but looked pretty shaky at times. Toye did not dress. Some of our top performers from last year didn't show much in this game. Wagner is always solid, of course. Searching for something more positive to say...maybe I will find it tomorrow?

Comment

Could be a long year

Comment

Much better effort by the Engineers but still a loss 3-2. Didn't see all of the game but they looked quite competitive with the Huskies during the parts that I did see. Philip and Larsen looked good despite being victims of 2 penalty calls in the first period that gave St. Cloud a 2 goal lead. Philip was doing what she does best (aggressive forecheck) but made contact with the goalie; Larsen put Lind on her backside (who can blame her...Lind played a chippy game). Blitz had a strong game. All four freshmen were dressed and saw some ice time. Surprised that McCutcheon didn't dress and was not a factor yesterday.

Comment

recruit announcement: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjMDJbMO_qG/.

Comment

Much better effort by the Engineers but still a loss 3-2. Didn't see all of the game but they looked quite competitive with the Huskies during the parts that I did see. Philip and Larsen looked good despite being victims of 2 penalty calls in the first period that gave St. Cloud a 2 goal lead. Philip was doing what she does best (aggressive forecheck) but made contact with the goalie; Larsen put Lind on her backside (who can blame her...Lind played a chippy game). Blitz had a strong game. All four freshmen were dressed and saw some ice time. Surprised that McCutcheon didn't dress and was not a factor yesterday.
                  They did look a lot better - yesterday there was some instance of good play but (Saturday) it was like they did not know who else was out there. Almost like five fingers looking to become a hand and get a grip. Today there was more control and flow, but still a loss. They fell behind by 2 goals quickly when they were put down 2 ladies on a 5 on 3 power play and never really could totally recover. But they showed a lot more in this game than i expected. BTW I did not see either McCutcheon or Toye on the ice but I admit I did not see the entire game either. At least today, we did not look like we did not belong on the ice with St. Cloud.
                  Last edited by DrDemento; 10-02-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I added her to the recruit list.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another good non-conference test for the Engineers on this coming weekend. BU and Providence are teams rated consistent with the 3rd quartile of ECAC teams, so about the quality of team that should make the playoffs in the ECAC.

Comment

Another good non-conference test for the Engineers on this coming weekend. BU and Providence are teams rated consistent with the 3rd quartile of ECAC teams, so about the quality of team that should make the playoffs in the ECAC.
                        What do you think the expectation of the weekend should be? Split?

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Sez: Saw your question. I think this team is certainly capable of at least a split or even a road sweep. Neither of the opponents are considered top tier and the odds makers have us as a 1/2 goal underdog both games. Basically they are giving the slightest of edges due to home ice advantage. These should be very low scoring affairs as the over/under is 3.5 goals and they could both be 2-1 results (without any empty net goals). Those kinds of games are distinctly winnable as our offense may not need to score much. But they will have to find a way to score. Much will depend on who the coaches have on the ice for the games. Is everyone healthy? Always have to worry about flu season which has already started very early this year and which can be an important effect especially when traveling for 2 road games. A very good weekend performance could be a tremendous boost in confidence for the ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

As a fan, I would say a split. But if I had to put money on it, I would say two close losses.

Comment

As a fan, I would say a split. But if I had to put money on it, I would say two close losses.
                              Not happy about being right on the two losses, and they weren't as close as I had hoped. Big family weekend in Cda so I wasn't able to watch the games but the box scores were not encouraging.

However, this still seems to be a team with spirit and a desire to progress. Two more good tests coming up against teams that are 'comparable' (i.e. beatable but also tough). How many points will we win in 4 home games vs Mercy and RIT?
                              Last edited by hab; 10-11-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Not happy about being right on the two losses, and they weren't as close as I had hoped. Big family weekend in Cda so I wasn't able to watch the games but the box scores were not encouraging.

However, this still seems to be a team with spirit and a desire to progress. Two more good tests coming up against teams that are 'comparable' (i.e. beatable but also tough). How many points will we win in 4 home games vs Mercy and RIT?
                                When I say that these teams are 'comparable' I am clearly reflecting my own assessment of RPI (bias?). The Ratings Percentage Index and other stats suggest RPI is weaker than both RIT and Mercyhurst. I think RPI will come away with 4 points out of a potential 8, maybe more.

Comment

Working...
                                X