No announcement yet.

RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about this, but this year's squad does seem to be a bit taller than what I have seen listed for previous years. I have always said that you cannot teach size in commenting about the men's team. Wonder if this will be a benefit for the ladies?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Two new freshmen are 5-8, and one is 5-4.

Last year seniors and grads that left were 5-7, 5-5, 5-5, 5-4, 5-3.

So just a touch taller.

Comment

Originally posted by VGK View Post
        Two new freshmen are 5-8, and one is 5-4.

Last year seniors and grads that left were 5-7, 5-5, 5-5, 5-4, 5-3.

So just a touch taller.
        Every little bit helps! I realize the ladies game is supposed to be less physical but having watched many of the games last year I noticed how size can make a difference. Size alone can never make up for the talents needed to excel in this game but it certainly does not hurt. This line up looks like they will be a lot tougher to push off the puck. I think we may be in for a very surprising year.

Comment

I sure hope so.
          Looking forward to the hockey family weekend, Sept 17-18.

Comment

I realized that we never heard anything about Coach Vines's contract. It also expired in the spring like Coach Smith. Does anyone have intel there?

Comment

Followers of RPI women's hockey have enjoyed perhaps the highest quality video coverage in the NCAA. Anybody know what the RPITV plans are for covering the team in the coming season? It will be impossible to fill the shoes of Perry Laskaris, but I hope that at least we will continue to see as many (or more) games covered?

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                Followers of RPI women's hockey have enjoyed perhaps the highest quality video coverage in the NCAA. Anybody know what the RPITV plans are for covering the team in the coming season? It will be impossible to fill the shoes of Perry Laskaris, but I hope that at least we will continue to see as many (or more) games covered?
                Wish I had better news but it appears that the first game against Montreal scheduled for 9/18 will be broadcast only on ESPN+. Subscription price for that addition is now $9.99 per month. Up until a couple months ago that price was $6.99 and they provided a yearly discount for a full year subscription. I would hope that Jericho could provide you with further news about the broadcasting.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Wish I had better news but it appears that the first game against Montreal scheduled for 9/18 will be broadcast only on ESPN+. Subscription price for that addition is now $9.99 per month. Up until a couple months ago that price was $6.99 and they provided a yearly discount for a full year subscription. I would hope that Jericho could provide you with further news about the broadcasting.
                  Thanks Dr. D.
                  I think that I recall, now, that there was talk about ESPN taking over all of the RPI broadcasts? That is unfortunate. I will pay the $10 per month to watch the games if I must. I am a diehard fan. My greater concerns are whether they will cover all of the games and whether they will come close to the quality of RPITV
                  Last edited by hab; 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

So, I am not quite ready to back off my target for the team: top 6 in the ECAC. However, it is sobering to see the pre-season poll that puts the top 7 of the ECAC in the top 12 nationally (#6 through #12): https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/. It is a high bar, to be sure . If the poll is right, to make the playoffs RPI would have to finish ahead of SLU, ranked #18 nationally.

Comment

So, I am not quite ready to back off my target for the team: top 6 in the ECAC. However, it is sobering to see the pre-season poll that puts the top 7 of the ECAC in the top 12 nationally (#6 through #12): https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/. It is a high bar, to be sure . If the poll is right, to make the playoffs RPI would have to finish ahead of SLU, ranked #18 nationally.
                      Other conferences have a few great teams. The ECAC, on the other hand, is a great conference! Makes for some very entertaining games.

Comment

certainly gives all of these young ladies something to shoot for. They will not be able to take a single game lightly or a night off. I for one, think they will be very competitive and surprise a lot of folks.

Comment

Rampado and Wagner will be the Captains.

https://twitter.com/RPI_WHockey/stat...40698649026572
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Schenectady Gazette article about RPI and Union https://dailygazette.com/2022/09/16/...-in-rpi-union/.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We are not going to be good. I don't think we'll make the playoffs. This team will go as far as Rampado takes them. The team as a whole just lacks talent and skill even though it's gotten better since 19-20. Getting outshot 33-19 by a freakin' USports team is really bad

Comment

I try not to put much focus on exhibition games. The coach is mostly watching how certain players perform in a game situation vs practice. However, sezenack is right, if we had a lot of talent on the team it should have resulted in a comfortable win against University de Montreal. The weekend against St. Cloud will tell us more. ST. Cloud is showing up as #7 out of 8 in WCHA pre-season polls. WCHA and ECAC are the two toughest conferences, so arguably, RPI and ST.Cloud should be competitive. This series may be a big boost for one team and alarm bells for the other.
                                Last edited by hab; 09-21-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X