RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

We have been satisfied for too long with very marginal improvements for this team, and then falling short of even those goals. It is time to expect that this team moves into the top half of the conference in 22-23. I will not be happy with just making the playoffs this time.

As I probably posted last year, the on-line RPI directory is no longer public. Sezaneck looked for me and the recruits whom we expected are all there now as is Taryn Rathwell who was thought to be for 2023.

Nina Christof Engineering
    Taryn Jacobs Undeclared Science
    Sophia Jones Engineering
    Taryn Rathwell Business and Management
    Kyley Toye Business and Management
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      As I probably posted last year, the on-line RPI directory is no longer public. Sezaneck looked for me and the recruits whom we expected are all there now as is Taryn Rathwell who was thought to be for 2023.

Nina Christof Engineering
      Taryn Jacobs Undeclared Science
      Sophia Jones Engineering
      Taryn Rathwell Business and Management
      Kyley Toye Business and Management
      Thanks for this Ralph. I have not done much research on any of these players. Does anyone have views on who, among them (if any) might be real game changers for the Engineers?

Further evidence here that we do well at recruiting hockey players who want to be engineering / science students.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post

Thanks for this Ralph. I have not done much research on any of these players. Does anyone have views on who, among them (if any) might be real game changers for the Engineers?

Further evidence here that we do well at recruiting hockey players who want to be engineering / science students.
        BTW, anyone who might want to check out some data on these incoming players may want to start by going over to Ralph's legendary "RPI Recruits" thread under 'Men's College Hockey' where he makes very regular updates of data regarding RPI recruits, male and female.

Comment

BTW, anyone who might want to check out some data on these incoming players may want to start by going over to Ralph's legendary "RPI Recruits" thread under 'Men's College Hockey' where he makes very regular updates of data regarding RPI recruits, male and female.
          I haven't been posting much about the women. For example, i don't post stats.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I haven't been posting much about the women. For example, i don't post stats.
            No, but you do a great job of keeping us updated on who has committed for which year, and where they currently play. Maybe I should take on the job of updating stats for the women? On second thought, it seems like a lot of work.

Comment

No, but you do a great job of keeping us updated on who has committed for which year, and where they currently play. Maybe I should take on the job of updating stats for the women? On second thought, it seems like a lot of work.
              The reason that I don't do it is because there is much less data available on line. That is due to at least two facts, one being there is less info on women's hockey in general than men's, and the second that the women recruits are usually true freshmen with many playing in prep schools that in general don't post as much as the 20U leagues that most of the men play in for a couple of years before attending college.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hab: Just a brief comment on Kyley Toye. Her mother is Cindy Acropolis Toye who played at RPI in the late 1990's. She still holds most of the scoring records for RPI women's hockey. Not just limited to goals scored but also penalty minutes. You might say mom had a wee bit of a temper! If genetics has any sort of influence, we may have a real find here. BTW Kylie probably could play several sports at RPI as she shown considerably skills playing here in High School in NJ.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Hab: Just a brief comment on Kyley Toye. Her mother is Cindy Acropolis Toye who played at RPI in the late 1990's. She still holds most of the scoring records for RPI women's hockey. Not just limited to goals scored but also penalty minutes. You might say mom had a wee bit of a temper! If enetics has any sort of influence, we may have a real find here. BTW Kylie probably could play several sports at RPI as she shown considerably skills playing here in High School in NJ.
                  Unless she is not on scholarship, she can't play another sport because they are all D-III.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unless she is not on scholarship, she can't play another sport because they are all D-III.
                    She is not scheduled to play anything else (as far as i know) - my statement was made to relate that she is good enough at other sports. You are reading between the lines a bit.

Comment

Hab: Just a brief comment on Kyley Toye. Her mother is Cindy Acropolis Toye who played at RPI in the late 1990's. She still holds most of the scoring records for RPI women's hockey. Not just limited to goals scored but also penalty minutes. You might say mom had a wee bit of a temper! If genetics has any sort of influence, we may have a real find here. BTW Kylie probably could play several sports at RPI as she shown considerably skills playing here in High School in NJ.
                      If nothing else, this is a nice "legacy" thing. Her mother goes back to the D3 era, but was a star in that era, it seems. Kyley does seem to have some potential.

Comment

If nothing else, this is a nice "legacy" thing. Her mother goes back to the D3 era, but was a star in that era, it seems. Kyley does seem to have some potential.
                        Her mother would have been a star in any era. She had the size, the skill, and definitely the temper to excel throughout her time playing here on the boys team. I cannot predict with any certainty how much of that has rubbed off on her but I have seen her play and suspect we could have a very nice addition to a team that showed me more than I expected this past year.

Comment

Her mother would have been a star in any era. She had the size, the skill, and definitely the temper to excel throughout her time playing here on the boys team. I cannot predict with any certainty how much of that has rubbed off on her but I have seen her play and suspect we could have a very nice addition to a team that showed me more than I expected this past year.
                          Temperament, or attitude, counts for a lot in hockey. And I hope (and expect) that Kylie may have inherited the competitive edge that the team needs.

Comment

Temperament, or attitude, counts for a lot in hockey. And I hope (and expect) that Kylie may have inherited the competitive edge that the team needs.
                            The fear, of course, is that kids who come up through prep school may lack the hunger necessary to make a great player. It is often better to recruit young women (often from Canada) who are rink rats and feel privileged to play college hockey. Clarkson has built a program on such great young women.

Comment

Morgann Skoda of the Connecticut Polar Bears (also Choate Rosemary hall) committed to RPI. https://***********/CTPolar/status/1517217010890985474

Elite Prospects shows her playing in Quebec next year https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../morgann-skoda.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-22-2022, 03:27 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X