Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 22-23: Objective needs to be top 6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    An article about Skoda https://thechoatenews.choate.edu/202...and-the-court/

    This is what will appear on the list I post on the Men' Recruit thread when I next post it, probably Sunday.
    xx Morgann Skoda F 04/21/22 Connecticut Polar Bears 19U 2023 10/26/03 5'06" 126 Mont-Royal QC 3.50
    17 Choate Rosemary Hall
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-22-2022, 04:27 AM.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • #17
      Skoda was named to the All-NEPSAC team this year. https://twitter.com/ChoateGvh/status...42141097865222
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • #18
        RPI could use some size. Skoda is 5' 10" and 170, and seems to be an all round athlete. Here are some action clips: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/morgann_skoda.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by hab View Post
          RPI could use some size. Skoda is 5' 10" and 170, and seems to be an all round athlete. Here are some action clips: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/morgann_skoda.
          I will change her ht/wt when I next post it, probably on Sunday.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • #20
            https://twitter.com/_cindyjane/statu...13105085153281

            Cindy Acropolis Toye, who as DrD has stated owns most of RPI's scoring records was inducted into the NJ HS Hockey HoF. She is already in the RPI Athletics HoF and is the mother of incoming frosh Kyley Toye. (I think that I finally spelled Kyley correctly. :-) )
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              https://twitter.com/_cindyjane/statu...13105085153281

              Cindy Acropolis Toye, who as DrD has stated owns most of RPI's scoring records was inducted into the NJ HS Hockey HoF. She is already in the RPI Athletics HoF and is the mother of incoming frosh Kyley Toye. (I think that I finally spelled Kyley correctly. :-) )
              Ralph-Thanks for noticing and posting. here is a bit more-
              https://njhshockeyhof.com/cindy-acropolis-toye/

              She joins her brother Bobby in the HOF along with perhaps the best I have seen play here in Brick , Jim Dowd. I believe she is the only female inducted.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

              Comment


              • #22
                team awards for last season

                https://rpiathletics.com/news/2022/5...am-awards.aspx
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by hab View Post
                  We have been satisfied for too long with very marginal improvements for this team, and then falling short of even those goals. It is time to expect that this team moves into the top half of the conference in 22-23. I will not be happy with just making the playoffs this time.
                  This time?! Did they make the playoffs this year? It doesn't look like it. Maybe focus on making it into the top 8 before worrying about if they can break into the top 6. That's a tall order. They need to walk before they can run.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by shelfit View Post

                    This time?! Did they make the playoffs this year? It doesn't look like it. Maybe focus on making it into the top 8 before worrying about if they can break into the top 6. That's a tall order. They need to walk before they can run.
                    I think that it is a good idea to make the goal slightly higher than what one can reasonably expect. Wasn't the goal last year to make the playoffs, as opposed to just winning a game or two?
                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by shelfit View Post

                      This time?! Did they make the playoffs this year? It doesn't look like it. Maybe focus on making it into the top 8 before worrying about if they can break into the top 6. That's a tall order. They need to walk before they can run.
                      I am not sure I care if they can walk or run as long as they can skate!
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                        I am not sure I care if they can walk or run as long as they can skate!
                        I was going to include that in my post but I thought that would be too easy. Lol. Seriously though, as long as they don't have any more D3 level skaters like they had just a few short years ago, they should do much better. JB was a former collegiate goalie so he knew what to look for when recruiting goalies, but he wasn't good at assessing talent when it came to recruiting regular players. He also never impressed me as much of a bench coach.
                        Last edited by shelfit; 05-06-2022, 03:51 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The team has been posting tweets about each new player. One whom we didn't know about https://twitter.com/RPI_WHockey/stat...66516605280259
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The supposed last of the new player posts was tweeted today, and Taryn Rathwell was not included. I will assume that she is arriving in 2023. That will be changed when I next post the list on the men's recruit thread next weekend.

                            BTW, I did not mention and perhaps should have that Sophia Beaudoin was born in 2001. It is quite rare for a women's RPI recruit to be an overager. Also NZ gave her a 3.75.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-23-2022, 03:34 PM.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So, we are in to July and looking forward to new season. Does anyone have an opinion on which, if any, of the new recruits might make a big positive impact in the coming season?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by hab View Post
                                So, we are in to July and looking forward to new season. Does anyone have an opinion on which, if any, of the new recruits might make a big positive impact in the coming season?
                                Hab: Really hard to know what we have. Stats for all of these girls are almost impossible to find or else i am sure Ralph would have found them. I am only familiar with one young lady and I think she will be just fine once she gets used to the level of competition which is a big step up for her.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X