Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the CHA back to six teams - let the speculation begin ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pittsburgh College Hockey Foundation just put on Instagram that RMU hockey is back in 2023. I am so happy. I’m making an assumption they will call CHA home, but of course I don’t know.

As a women’s hockey fan... all I can say Brianne McLaughlin Bittle is obviously a very special piece of women’s hockey support in Pittsburgh. My understanding is she is very involved in the Foundation, if she so desires I hope she’s involved in the college program in the future.

Not sure alumni/ girls hockey supporters could have done anything to prevent this train wreck decision to cut the program in the first place, but I hope it will serve as a reminder to those who care about women’s sports that we always need to be vocal and intentional in our support of it.

So thrilled to see these guys are coming back. Get the commissioner on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      The Pittsburgh College Hockey Foundation just put on Instagram that RMU hockey is back in 2023. I am so happy. I’m making an assumption they will call CHA home, but of course I don’t know.

As a women’s hockey fan... all I can say Brianne McLaughlin Bittle is obviously a very special piece of women’s hockey support in Pittsburgh. My understanding is she is very involved in the Foundation, if she so desires I hope she’s involved in the college program in the future.

Not sure alumni/ girls hockey supporters could have done anything to prevent this train wreck decision to cut the program in the first place, but I hope it will serve as a reminder to those who care about women’s sports that we always need to be vocal and intentional in our support of it.

So thrilled to see these guys are coming back. Get the commissioner on the line!
      I wonder how much this crapfest from the Robert Morris leadership (the university) will affect women's hockey recruiting there, if potential players have to wonder if anything like this could ever happen again at Robert Morris. It was such a shame - they had built a solid program, and I hope they won't have to start from scratch in 2023 from the ground up, as a new D-1 program has to do. It would be great if they could coax Paul Colontino back as a coach...I think that would go a long way in helping the recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

I wonder how much this crapfest from the Robert Morris leadership (the university) will affect women's hockey recruiting there, if potential players have to wonder if anything like this could ever happen again at Robert Morris. It was such a shame - they had built a solid program, and I hope they won't have to start from scratch in 2023 from the ground up, as a new D-1 program has to do. It would be great if they could coax Paul Colontino back as a coach...I think that would go a long way in helping the recruiting.
        I'd be shocked if Selects Academy could match what RMU would offer him to return. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Brianne McLaughlin Bittle is made the head coach given her leadership in bringing them back. It would make sense to have her get started in recruiting as more and more players will commit elsewhere soon.

Comment

I think Ohio State should go to the CHA.

Far less likely to lose out on NCAA tournament
          More respect in-conference
          Easier travel (maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post

Easier travel (maybe?)
            You may be under estimating Nadine Muzerall's competitive instincts. I think her goal is to dominate the WCHA, nothing less.

Comment

Easier travel (maybe?)
              We're not losing out on any NCAA Tournaments now as it is (2018, 2020, 2021 with Frozen Fours in 2018 and 2021). Based on the conversations I have had with opposing fans, we are respected in our conference. If teams in our conference aren't respecting us, they will after they play us. The only point you are actually correct on would be the travel aspect. However, this was already visited by the OSU Athletic Department in the past (early 2000s if I remember correctly) and thankfully, the powers that be decided to stay in the WCHA. As the old adage goes, "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." Enter Coach Nadine Muzerall and the OSU Women's Hockey Program is now a perennial top 5 program. So, no, don't think we need to go to the CHA to be successful.
              Last edited by osualum86; 01-04-2022, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Easier travel (maybe?)
                I agree with this based on location. OSU for every WCHA team is out if left field in terms of location.
                OSU seems to be locked into the top 3 of the WCHA, so they won't be missing the NCAA's anytime soon, especially with the expansion to 11.
                OSU has plenty of in-conference respect in the WCHA. Surely you have peeked into the WCHA threads. I don't know how they could be more respected in the CHA.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I assume title ix was just stirring the pot, haha. I remember getting the education on the 100 year history between Minn and OSU when this topic came up in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I assume title ix was just stirring the pot, haha. I remember getting the education on the 100 year history between Minn and OSU when this topic came up in the past.
                    I have a hard time "reading" Title IX's posts often, sarcasm vs really wants to discuss. We need the smiley/wink/frown faces dealios back.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I have a hard time "reading" Title IX's posts often, sarcasm vs really wants to discuss. We need the smiley/wink/frown faces dealios back.
                      Always a little bit of both :P The lack of respect I think is from the fans who only really consider Ohio State a "western" school when they're up against a threatening eastern team and otherwise don't really regard them well. WCHA rooting interests seem to be
                      1. their team
                      2. UMD unless #1
                      3. Wisc/Min unless #1
                      4. Bemidji / St. Cloud / St. Thomas / Mankato
                      5. Is Ferris State here? Hamline? No???
                      6. Anyone???
                      7. Ugh, Ohio State, I GUESS

I claim Ohio State for the east.

Comment

I claim Ohio State for the east.
                        Your post says more about the state of hockey in the East than anything WCHA fans could say, given the fact that you feel a need to try to poach teams from the WCHA.

OSU fans -- what say you? Do you consider yourself a Western team, or would you rather be lumped in with those in the East?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Your post says more about the state of hockey in the East than anything WCHA fans could say, given the fact that you feel a need to try to poach teams from the WCHA.

OSU fans -- what say you? Do you consider yourself a Western team, or would you rather be lumped in with those in the East?
                          To be fair, you're all east to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

I am fine with us in the WCHA.

Comment

Working...
                            X