WCHA 21-22 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    St Cloud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby! UMD and WI also with the wins. A lot of work to do today.
    In the reports about the game, Penn State is referred to as "RV Penn State." https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2022/1/...enn-state.aspx
    I guess I would assume that "RV" means reserve varsity, but I think I'm wrong because this seemed to be the regular Penn State team. So, can someone explain "RV"?

Comment

• So UMD sweeps, St. Cloud loses to Cuse after beating PSU (??!!!???), UW beats and ties Q.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post

In the reports about the game, Penn State is referred to as "RV Penn State." https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2022/1/...enn-state.aspx
        I guess I would assume that "RV" means reserve varsity, but I think I'm wrong because this seemed to be the regular Penn State team. So, can someone explain "RV"?
        When a team is ranked, it is shown with its ranking (e.g., #1 Wisconsin). "RV" is used for "Receiving Votes" to show a team is not ranked but is receiving votes in the poll(s).

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          When a team is ranked, it is shown with its ranking (e.g., #1 Wisconsin). "RV" is used for "Receiving Votes" to show a team is not ranked but is receiving votes in the poll(s).
          I guess that won't be a problem for PSU anymore lol.

Comment

I guess that won't be a problem for PSU anymore lol.
            Not bad...Not bad at all.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Rodents and Tommies home and home.....the ugly colors sweep
              UMD at St. Cloud.....the ugly colors sweep
              Cuse at MSU.....I do really like purple, purple sweeps
              Lindenwood at OSU.....OSU gets out the chipper

Comment

UMD at St. Cloud.....the ugly colors sweep
                Ha! Covid's team colors are also UMD/UM's. They won this series. Apparently they will try and re-schedule. I hope they do so all the teams play the same amount of games.

Comment

Ha! Covid's team colors are also UMD/UM's. They won this series. Apparently they will try and re-schedule. I hope they do so all the teams play the same amount of games.
                  Looks doubtful.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...tate-postponed
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    UMD not getting points off of St. Cloud really hurts their chances of catching the rodents. It's only 2 hrs 20 minutes between the 2. Play on a weeknight on 2 different weeks. Or play in a HS rink at the halfway point. Don't deny the ladies 2 games in their careers. This is not an impossible thing to overcome.

Comment

UMD not getting points off of St. Cloud really hurts their chances of catching the rodents. It's only 2 hrs 20 minutes between the 2. Play on a weeknight on 2 different weeks. Or play in a HS rink at the halfway point. Don't deny the ladies 2 games in their careers. This is not an impossible thing to overcome.
                      On top of the whole deal is the fact that there is no school right now, so they can play any day, any time until school starts. This is so dumb. The UW men could not play Friday due to protocol, but they did on Saturday and fielded a complete team even though only 9 players tested negative and practiced all week. The 5 day wait is a game changer.

Comment

• Well, a couple woodshed series for UM and tOSU and a couple covid wins.

This week some not so interesting matchups.

Tommiettes at Bucky's. With the rodents putting up 16, Timmy will be mad if UW doesn't woodshed them. Timmy loves woodshed games.
                        Rodents/Mavs home and home. Rodents woodshed game 1 for sure the Mavs will be rusty, win game 2 easily.
                        OSU at St. Cloud. Might get kinda woody for St. Cloud. OSU sweeps.
                        BSU at UMD. Not out of the question that BSU can get a point this weekend, UMD is inconsistent.

Comment

• And suddenly it all starts to fall apart.
                          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                            And suddenly it all starts to fall apart.
                            The Gophers were on the ice with St Thomas three days before St Thomas had to cancel because of COVID. I'd be pretty concerned about the Minnesota series, either being canceled or being on the ice with them if I were Mankato.

Yeah, it's gonna be a tough month (and I hope not much more).

Comment

• Saint Thomas apparently had six players out last weekend. The Gophers had three, two of which have been conceded to have been Covid.

Easy to follow the progression at Saint Thomas, if they had six last weekend they won't have enough to play this weekend against Wisconsin.

For the Gophers if they had three last weekend . . . ? One possible buffer for the Gophers might be that I believe the players that were Covid last weekend are roommates.

Comment

• Most concerned with Saint Cloud missing their second weekend in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X