WCHA 21-22 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I give the Mavs some love, and they respond by going down 2-0 to Lindenwood after a period. That's what my endorsement is worth.
    The landcows are leading 4-2 with about half the 3rd period left to play...

Now 6-2 final...
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-08-2021, 06:44 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

1. I also am very down on the Gophers
      2. I will be shocked (and oh so down) if they are swept by the Bulldogs
      3. I think (and want to believe) by the end of the season Ms Darwitz and her partner are going to teach the Gophers the point of the game is to put the puck in the opponents net and keep it out of their own net
      I suppose I should take that shock comment back. Without a Bulldog penalty with two minutes to go, Gophers would have spent the entire second period sitting on their butts.

Looked to me like the worst period of the year so far for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

This is how far this program has fallen.

When was the last time you watched Minnesota's power play and were impressed with it other than Zoom Boom scoring on her slap shot from the perimeter. Their penalty kill is attrocious. The goal that number 16 scored was certainly highlight reel worthy but the reality is, players on a line with her will be lucky to receive a pass from her. And she is not alone in that regard on this team. Far too many players trying to do things themselves.

Honestly, I have no clue if the current staff can get this collection of talent (and make no mistake, there is talent on this team) on the same page playing as a team. As you say "it isn't trending that way."
        A great drinking game…every time Amy passes the puck when she brings it into the zone you down a shot.

It will help you get sober.

Madeline would be great for this game too!!

Comment

Bad news from Madison today is Emma Poluzney (sp?) - who was REALLY good today - left the game injured after trying to make a save on Wisconsin's third goal. She went down trying for the save, immediately signalled to the bench, got back up very slowly, and immediately went to the bench with some help. Right knee, right hip, not sure. Looked quite uncomfortable for some minutes on the bench will being attended to by trainers, but then sat somewhat more comfortably for the rest of the period. Went out for the handshake line, but was clearly favoring her right leg. Boy, I hope she's OK. She is so good when she's on.
          Last edited by robertearle; 10-09-2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Bad news from Madison today is Emma Poluzney (sp?) - who was REALLY good today - left the game injured after trying to make a save on Wisconsin's third goal. She went down trying for the save, immediately signalled to the bench, got back up very slowly, and immediately went to the bench with some help. Right knee, right hip, not sure. Looked quite uncomfortable for some minutes on the bench will being attended to by trainers, but then sat somewhat more comfortably for the rest of the period. Went out for the handshake line, but was clearly favoring her right leg. Boy, I hope she's OK. She is so good when she's on.
            She was fantastic. She did allow a lot of rebounds, but they never got onto UW sticks. I was very impressed with St. Cloud. UW was a little flat after the unveiling but they played solid. If this is the 7th place team in the wcha, the league is going in the right direction.
            Last edited by Timothy A; 10-10-2021, 06:57 AM.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The good news is Polusny was dressed, skated around and even took her turns in net during warmups, thought it felt sort of half-speed or half-hearted. But she did not play. The backup, Ahola, did a pretty good job.

Comment

The good news is Polusny was dressed, skated around and even took her turns in net during warmups, thought it felt sort of half-speed or half-hearted. But she did not play. The backup, Ahola, did a pretty good job.
                I really thought after as bad as she looked yesterday in relief that UW was gonna crush them, but she played very well today. St. Cloud has grit, determination and there's no quit in them. I was very impressed with them this weekend (other than the 2nd period yesterday where they could not get out of their own zone).

Comment

So for those who saw the UMD UM series, who is the better team?

Comment

BTW: Yesterday, Daryl Watts scored on a bank shot from below the end line... again.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...XbLSA7tLZPUcxw

Comment

BTW: Yesterday, Daryl Watts scored on a bank shot from below the end line... again.https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...XbLSA7tLZPUcxw
                      So polite of her to point to the puck in the net to help out the ref. Watts a nice young lady!

Comment

Check out UMD's game-winning OT goal by Maggie Flaherty on Saturday:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447019636894150661

She was slightly behind the goal line and managed to thread the needle and find the back of the net anyway with a ricochet off the Gophers goaltender.

And UMD's first two goals were real beauties, too, with Elizabeth Giguere feeding Gabbie Hughes with absolutely textbook passes. That combination is going to give the league problems if they continue to work together like they did. Granted, allowing the Gophers to come back from a 4-1 deficit to force overtime is something the Bulldogs need to stop doing, but otherwise there were some gems in that game.

Watts' goal was nice, but I think Flaherty's was way more impressive. Reminded me of Junior Lessard for those of you old enough to remember him.
                        Last edited by Lurky McLurkface; 10-11-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

It is really tedious to figure out who played when now. If you go to the team page, click on the roster, click on the individual and click on stats, you can see what games they played in. You really have to care and go dig. For NU, Mueller did not apparently play in any games. Frankel picked up the L against Providence, and Philips the L against BU. Amazing what one player can do for a team. NU is not a top 10 team w/o Mueller.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I think it comes down to who has the better first line...And that belongs to UMD

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                              It is really tedious to figure out who played when now. If you go to the team page, click on the roster, click on the individual and click on stats, you can see what games they played in. You really have to care and go dig. For NU, Mueller did not apparently play in any games. Frankel picked up the L against Providence, and Philips the L against BU. Amazing what one player can do for a team. NU is not a top 10 team w/o Mueller.
                              Since it is a WCHA thread I think the correlation I can make is that in spite of NU's struggles, they are still better than Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                My thought would be that it came down to who has the better goalie.
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X