WCHA 21-22 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
    With the Ohio - Wisconsin game it’s interesting that the ‘big guns’ who get a crapload of points against the weaker or average teams are simply average themselves against tough competition. No 2 or 3 point games.
    Love it that Lamantia was the hero scoring twice including the winner.
    Puzzled that Templeman who was a star at RMU didn’t see the ice. Injured or simply low on depth chart, who knows.
    It was a great game to watch.
    Yea they had Templeman and Curlett on the fourth line.

Amazing snipes by LaMantia. I think the 2 goals Saturday for Wisc also started at the point and got tipped and or deflected off Wisc sticks and Ohio State bodies. Nice weekend for the Wisco d.

I enjoy watching Watts and Giguere climb the charts. I think they are great hockey players, and I think it’s a great story this year. Watts empty net goal on Saturday—- it was nuts. She was in a scrum on the defensive side of the red line, and got the insurance goal. Plus a primary assist. NU took until late third period to complete the come back against Holy Cross yesterday. There is something to be said for the player that can stay mentally strong and pile up against weaker opponents and spare their team a bad loss, or near bad loss.

Ohio State did a great job on the Watts line yesterday. Awesome one two match up. Watts will likely jump over Hilary Knight in the all time points next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I felt it was Ohio State's game to lose but I just can't help thinking OSU seemed to show some confusion in OT who should be covering who and that the goal scorer was given WAY too much cushion. Wisconsin has so many dangerous shooters you should be on them shoulder to shoulder as they'll capitalize on a shot if you give them room to take it and they did.(Teardrop)
      There was a switch between Yuckeye players as the Sinner player (LaMantia) moved across and the both of the Yuckeye players backed off which was not idea. You would have preferred the second Yuckeye player to not back in as much there and challenge the sinner player more and block that shot. Even so you would like your goaltender to make that save from where the shot came from. Maybe Braendli was screened a bit from the defender backing in as much as she did?
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-25-2021, 08:55 AM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

There was a switch between Yuckeye players as the Sinner player (LaMantia) moved across and the both of the Yuckeye players backed off which was not idea. You would have preferred the second Yuckeye player to not back in as much there and challenge the sinner player more and block that shot. Even so you would like your goaltender to make that save from where the shot came from. Maybe Braendli was screened a bit from the defender backing in as much as she did?
        Definitely some confusion by the Buckeyes there. LaMantia’s skating and awareness to feel that pressure drop away and therefore hold onto the puck were great. I wanted a longer more chaotic OT though! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

I wanted a longer more chaotic OT though! :-)
          Jeez, c'mon! That OT lasted almost THREE TIMES as long as last week vs Duluth!
          Last edited by robertearle; 10-25-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Good observation!

Comment

Maybe Braendli was screened a bit from the defender backing in as much as she did?
              The OSU defender went down in an attempt to block the shot but didn't get it, so Braendli is tasked with trying to pick up a black puck emerging from a black uniform. About as easy as trying to find a number on the infamous black-on-black Buckeyes jerseys.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                About as easy as trying to find a number on the infamous black-on-black Buckeyes jerseys.
                The Gophers have never been the same since. The muzzinator's legend was just beginning then.

Comment

The Gophers have never been the same since. The muzzinator's legend was just beginning then.
                  It was the greatest leveraging of wardrobe into a victory since Miller bedazzled Cornell with her shiny jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    It was the greatest leveraging of wardrobe into a victory since Miller bedazzled Cornell with her shiny jacket.
                    Not that I miss Miller but it would be epic to see the two egos on display in a coaching matchup between Miller and the Muzzinator...Especially if the "the jacket" made an appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Not that I miss Miller but it would be epic to see the two egos on display in a coaching matchup between Miller and the Muzzinator...Especially if "the jacket" made an appearance.
                      Agree as long as Shannon would dust off "the jacket" (with all the flashy sequins).
                      https://cdna.lystit.com/photos/2012/...949087306.jpeg
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• UM @ BSU...........UM is probably worried as BSU dumped perennial eastern power the Fightin' Nurses upholding the glory of the West. Not. UM sweeps.
                        UW @ MSU..........Game 1 may be a trap game, big emotional letdown for UW. UW sweeps.
                        St. Cl @ OSU.......I liked what saw out of St. Cloud, but OSU will take out their getting swept blues on them, and even without being mad, OSU sweeps, they just sweep more this weekend, like get credit for 3 wins when they win 2.
                        Tommies @ RIT....The West's domination will continue, Tommies sweep on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          UM @ BSU...........UM is probably worried as BSU dumped perennial eastern power the Fightin' Nurses upholding the glory of the West. Not. UM sweeps.
                          UW @ MSU..........Game 1 may be a trap game, big emotional letdown for UW. UW sweeps.
                          St. Cl @ OSU.......I liked what saw out of St. Cloud, but OSU will take out their getting swept blues on them, and even without being mad, OSU sweeps, they just sweep more this weekend, like get credit for 3 wins when they win 2.
                          Tommies @ RIT....The West's domination will continue, Tommies sweep on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          BSU v UM: i’m going to bet on my Beavers and say a split.
                          OSU & WI sweep their series
                          UST splits with RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                            UST splits with RIT
                            Split Enz...I Got YOU
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-28-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                              UST splits with RIT
                              I'd be fine with splitzo the the Beavs and rodents, though it hurts Clarkson more if the Beavs get swept.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                ... though it hurts Clarkson more if the Beavs get swept.
                                Poor Beavs; their whole season has morphed into one long exercise in "stick it to Clarkson."

Comment

Working...
                                X