No announcement yet.

WCHA 21-22 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow the Tommies beat St. Cloud in game 1 when they scored 3 PPG's over a 3:40 span in the 3rd period, 2 on a 5 on 3 and a 5 x 4. Please email the tape on that to MJ1980goldmedalman@ihatetherodents.org. Thanks and much appreciated.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 02-07-2022, 12:21 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Wow the Tommies beat St. Cloud in game 1 when they scored 3 PPG's over a 3:40 span in the 3rd period, 2 on a 5 on 3 and a 5 x 4. Please email the tape on that to MJ1980goldmedalman@ihatetherodents.org. Thanks and much appreciated.
      That would actually be kind of nifty if you or some unnamed native Minnesotan had the domain ihatetherodents.org but it seems more likely a Whoiux fan would put out some coin to have that domain.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

That would actually be kind of nifty if you or some unnamed native Minnesotan had the domain ihatetherodents.org but it seems more likely a Whoiux fan would put out some coin to have that domain.
        Both the .org and .com domains are currently available. Of course I checked!

(In the interest of completeness, I also checked "ihatethegophers" and "ihatethebadgers". Both of the .com versions are taken, both of the .org versions are available.)
        Last edited by robertearle; 02-07-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          (In the interest of completeness, I also checked "ihatethegophers" and "ihatethebadgers". Both of the .com versions are taken, both of the .org versions are available.)
          If I knew anything about domains or websites and was slightly bored, I'd be all over this, but alas I am too busy knowing nothing.

Comment

• The top 4 play the bottom 4. I'd say WI is the only top 4 team at serious risk of losing a game this weekend.

Comment

The top 4 play the bottom 4. I'd say WI is the only top 4 team at serious risk of losing a game this weekend.
              I think "serious" risk is over stating it. Bemidji has always been a place where upsets happen, so given the two teams (MSU and BSU) are only four points apart, I don't think that the Mavericks on the road are much more likely to spring an upset.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I think "serious" risk is over stating it. Bemidji has always been a place where upsets happen, so given the two teams (MSU and BSU) are only four points apart, I don't think that the Mavericks on the road are much more likely to spring an upset.
                My confidence is still very shaky in UW's ability to score. If they can only manage 2 per game they will be in trouble considering the back end challenges.

Comment

My confidence is still very shaky in UW's ability to score. If they can only manage 2 per game they will be in trouble considering the back end challenges.
                  They average four per game, and as robert has pointed out, the percentages even out in the long run. The Badgers are +80 on the season, while the Mav's are -24.

I like your chances.

Comment

• A question: Mankato tonight took the ice with only 14 skaters, and only one goalie. (And one skater went down hard, left the ice and went to the locker room in the third period, and did not return).

Are there minimums to how many players a team has to dress and have on the bench? And has COVID changed those minimums? I'm kind of surprised they could have only the one goalie dressed.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised they could have only the one goalie dressed.
                      Last week when they were playing UMD, the Mav's announcers were saying that their emergency goalie's (Stillwell?) tennis season had started.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Last week when they were playing UMD, the Mav's announcers were saying that their emergency goalie's (Stillwell?) tennis season had started.
                        I counted SEVEN! Mankato players in street clothes sitting below me near the exit to the hallway to their locker room.

(Hockey goalie and tennis?... I guess hand-eye coordination is hand-eye coordination, but I might have thought something else with a "catching" function, like maybe shortstop on the softball team.)

Comment

A question: Mankato tonight took the ice with only 14 skaters, and only one goalie. (And one skater went down hard, left the ice and went to the locker room in the third period, and did not return).

Are there minimums to how many players a team has to dress and have on the bench? And has COVID changed those minimums? I'm kind of surprised they could have only the one goalie dressed.
                          It was shocking they only had 1 goalie dressed. You can't just throw the pads on someone in 30 seconds if you need to convert a skater to a sieve. I suppose MJ would not have an issue delaying the game to allow for this, UW needs the win. I suspect the Officials would give Kato a delay of game penalty if this actually had to happen. The alternative is the games don't get played and no one wants that. In reality I can't recall a goalie leaving a game injured but a couple times in maybe a thousand plus games I have watched, so the odds are mega low it could actually be a problem.

Comment

• WI and OSU are tied for second, not that is matters, 2nd place is the first loser.

Comment

It was shocking they only had 1 goalie dressed. You can't just throw the pads on someone in 30 seconds if you need to convert a skater to a sieve. I suppose MJ would not have an issue delaying the game to allow for this, UW needs the win. I suspect the Officials would give Kato a delay of game penalty if this actually had to happen. The alternative is the games don't get played and no one wants that. In reality I can't recall a goalie leaving a game injured but a couple times in maybe a thousand plus games I have watched, so the odds are mega low it could actually be a problem.
                              Just this fall vs St Cloud at LaBahn, Emma Poluzney left the game in the third(?) after having done something to her hip, and didn't play the next day. I was afraid it was a torn labrum, but thankfully not that serious.

Comment

A question: Mankato tonight took the ice with only 14 skaters, and only one goalie. (And one skater went down hard, left the ice and went to the locker room in the third period, and did not return).

During the first season Ridder was open, I remember the Gophers starting a game on the power play because the opponent did not have enough players suited up. Don't remember if it was enough skaters or enough goalies. I want to say the opponent was UMD, but I don't know that to be true. I also remember the Gophers dressing a D as a G for one game, probably to avoid a penalty. So at one time, there was a minimum at least in the WCHA.

Comment

Working...
                                X