2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    A very determined Casey O’Brien scores a shorty for WI, they go up 3-2 with 10 to go.

The tying goal by Quinni a result of a terrible misplay by the Badgers behind their goal line. From what I’ve seen, this year’s Badgers team is more mistake prone than I’m used to seeing. Makes me feel warm inside, reminds me of my beloved Gophs .
    I missed the 2nd qu goal but noticed Watts had a ton of turnovers today ...4 that I counted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

I missed the 2nd qu goal but noticed Watts had a ton of turnovers today ...4 that I counted.
      Maddie Posick (a forward that recently converted to D with the Badgers short on blue liners) had the give away. One of the big differences on the Badger team this year is that Watts and S. Shirley haven't scored like they have the past 2 seasons. The sophomore line of O'Brien, Wheeler and Webster has been the best scoring line. As mentioned above, the Badger defense doesn't seem as good either this year. However that should change next year with the addition of Natalie Buchbinder and Carolyn Harvey who have spent the year with the Olympic team (though Buchbinder has since been cut)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
        Wisconsin wakes up after a questionable goal is allowed for Quinnipiac, and lead 2 - 1 after 2 periods.
        I thought that the second goal for UW was more questionable; they reviewed to see if it crossed the line (it did), but the key to the play was Wheeler running into the goalie and knocking her into her net. Too much to ask the WCHA refs to follow so many moving parts.

As for the 1st goal, maybe the deflection was high, but I didn't see a replay that showed the height at which the puck contacted the stick. If there was video evidence that it was high, I didn't see it, and it was called good on the ice. The announcer was upset that her stick started high, but that isn't what determines legality.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I thought that the second goal for UW was more questionable; they reviewed to see if it crossed the line (it did), but the key to the play was Wheeler running into the goalie and knocking her into her net. Too much to ask the WCHA refs to follow so many moving parts.

As for the 1st goal, maybe the deflection was high, but I didn't see a replay that showed the height at which the puck contacted the stick. If there was video evidence that it was high, I didn't see it, and it was called good on the ice. The announcer was upset that her stick started high, but that isn't what determines legality.
          "If there was video evidence that it was high, I didn't see it..."

Did you close your eyes during the BTN stream while they repeatedly showed the 'from the corner' camera? Because that clearly shows her contacting the puck at about her forehead level, if not a bit higher.
          Last edited by robertearle; 01-01-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
            Maddie Posick (a forward that recently converted to D with the Badgers short on blue liners) had the give away. One of the big differences on the Badger team this year is that Watts and S. Shirley haven't scored like they have the past 2 seasons. The sophomore line of O'Brien, Wheeler and Webster has been the best scoring line. As mentioned above, the Badger defense doesn't seem as good either this year. However that should change next year with the addition of Natalie Buchbinder and Carolyn Harvey who have spent the year with the Olympic team (though Buchbinder has since been cut)
            Great summary of the team. I don't think Posick saw the ice the rest of the game. They can't put her in high leverage games with her lack of experience at D, no fault of her own. She was listed ahead of Toft on the line charts, which is interesting, maybe Toft is banged up??. The loss of D grad transfer Nealy for the year is significant.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post

On the deflection goal, one of the replay they showed in the rink an ice level view, it was right there at the cusp of being illegal. They needed to freeze the video at the contact point for a definitive call. I'm sure that's Watts Ludwig did, LOL.

I did not notice the goalie getting contacted on the Wheeler goal, I was juts looking for the puck going over the line, which it did.

Overall a cleanly called game other than the interference they seem to like to allow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

On the deflection goal, one of the replay they showed in the rink an ice level view, it was right there at the cusp of being illegal. They needed to freeze the video at the contact point for a definitive call. I'm sure that's Watts Ludwig did, LOL.
                The Q skater is 5' 5", and was wearing skates. She contacted the puck when it was about even with her forehead, and maybe a bit higher. That is, maybe 5' 9" above the ice level. This is quite clear on the BTNPlus video stream. If I understand things correctly, anything above 4' is too high. This was not close. I have no idea what Ludwig thinks he saw, maybe he didn't see any 'ice level' camera angle.

Comment

• Wow, Blair made some nice saves on that first Quinni PP.

​​​​​​…..love to see Robert Ludwig and the Badger players huddle up before the face off…lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                    Wow, Blair made some nice saves on that first Quinni PP.

​​​​​​…..love to see Robert Ludwig and the Badger players huddle up before the face off…lol
                    The "huddle" was Badger players asking Ludwig "why the hell did you allow play to continue for ten, fifteen seconds while our goalie had neither her stick nor her glove?!?" Seriously, Blair is out there with a bare hand while Quinnipiac was threatening the net with the puck. (Ludwig never did blow his whistle; the Badgers had to ice the puck to get a stoppage.)
                    Last edited by robertearle; 01-02-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Great summary of the team. I don't think Posick saw the ice the rest of the game. They can't put her in high leverage games with her lack of experience at D, no fault of her own. She was listed ahead of Toft on the line charts, which is interesting, maybe Toft is banged up??. The loss of D grad transfer Nealy for the year is significant.
                      Gopher players used to lose playing time, also. Coaching staff eliminated that at the same time they reduced the priority of winning games.

Comment

• Heck of a period by UW. Passes were firm and stick to stick. They were all over the Q players who had the puck. Played with a ton of speed. Q had like 9 sog on the consecutive pps otherwise they didn't do much.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The Q skater is 5' 5", and was wearing skates. She contacted the puck when it was about even with her forehead, and maybe a bit higher. That is, maybe 5' 9" above the ice level. This is quite clear on the BTNPlus video stream. If I understand things correctly, anything above 4' is too high. This was not close. I have no idea what Ludwig thinks he saw, maybe he didn't see any 'ice level' camera angle.
                          The video quality at the rink is not the greatest, so I couldn't pick the puck up. Or I'm just old and a little nearsighted lol.

Comment

The video quality at the rink is not the greatest, so I couldn't pick the puck up. Or I'm just old and a little nearsighted lol.
                            BTNPlus stream/replay was quite clear.

Comment

• Q got 1, but this is the kind of game where the stats don't indicate who is playing better, UW is. They have to keep the hammer down in the 3rd.

Comment

• A thought watching the OT of the Wisconsin-Quinnipiac game: is two minutes too big a penalty for e three-on-three five minute OT? Maybe it should be shorter; 90 seconds or even 60 seconds instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X