No announcement yet.

2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvard 4- Dartmouth 1. The real story is the young Dartmouth team who will certainly improve. Penalties doomed Dartmouth but there is a lot of young talent.

Comment

Yale 8 St Anselm 0

Comment

Clarkson 1, Bemidji State 1
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Clarkson 1, Bemidji State 1
          Come on people, where are the reactions to this score? The Mighty Bemidji Beavers vs Clarkson. A tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Come on people, where are the reactions to this score? The Mighty Bemidji Beavers vs Clarkson. A tie?
            Pretty good day for the WCHA...

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

I only got to see the second half of the game but to my eye it looked like the Beavers were handling Clarkson very well even though the SOG were very even. The Beavers had the game won until in the last 3 minutes they decided to go into a “prevent defense” that allow Clarkson to possess the puck and get numerous chances. I hate it when teams do this! Have the courage to stick with what’s been working and continue to trust your players and play aggressively!

Comment

I'm not even just being defeatist or dramatic here, I think (1) this is the biggest East/West disparity in quality we've seen in my 15 years of following this sport and probably ever, and in particular (2) think this might be the worst Hockey East has been in that same time frame. The worst part is that this is an Olympic year when the teams at the top should be brought closer to the pack!

WCHA easily, without a doubt, has the top 4 teams in the country and it's not even close. OSU/UW and UM/UMD in whatever order you want.

Meanwhile over here in WHEA, coming into the weekend New Hampshire, Merrimack, Holy Cross, and Maine were a combined 3-21-2 with the only wins being 2 vs. LIU and 1 vs. Franklin Pierce. And one of the losses was a 4-0 Holy Cross loss to Franklin Pierce (!!), plus a Maine loss to St. Anselm.

The supposed Chosen One team of Northeastern got swept by BU and PC two weeks ago. BU has since gone on to take brutal shootout losses to the aforementionedly terrible UNH and Merrimack teams plus a regulation loss to dogcrap RPI (at least that's not Hockey East!), and PC needed two third period goals just to scrape by FREAKING UNION?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!!??!!!?!?!?!!

BC, God bless them, has managed to win all their games against terrible competition, but only by 1 goal each and has gotten outshot significantly in almost every game. At this point given all the chaos around them I'm just happy for them to get the wins any way they can.

This is awful and frankly it's not great for the sport in general, either.
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-23-2021, 10:30 AM.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Interesting read TTT. I can’t wait to see what Maine v BC brings today. No idea what to expect. I feel like the ice garden might have jinxed BC by saying it’s an easy weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    Interesting read TTT. I can’t wait to see what Maine v BC brings today. No idea what to expect. I feel like the ice garden might have jinxed BC by saying it’s an easy weekend.
                    I mean in theory it should be lol... BC plays well at Conte so hopefully this is one of our better wins.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• After two periods Minnesota is up 2-0 over Colgate. Could easily be a wider margin but several Gophers got a little two cutsie trying fancy moves skating in all alone on the Raiders' netminder.

Comment

• RPI women leading Providence 1-0 after 1 period.
                        Last edited by hab; 10-23-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Gophers hang on to defeat No. 3 Colgate 3-2.

Comment

• Minnesota completes the sweep of toothpaste with a 3-2 win.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Minnesota completes the sweep of toothpaste with a 3-2 win.
                              Hey 5hole I expect you'll be having crow for dinner tonight? <<wink wink>>

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Hey 5hole I expect you'll be having crow for dinner tonight? <<wink wink>>
                                And I will enjoy it!
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X