2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    UMD leads the sinners 2-0 after 1 period. A period that the sinners put up 1 shot on net.
    I have BTN+ but for Gopher sports only. Any other way to watch or at least track?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I have BTN+ but for Gopher sports only. Any other way to watch or at least track?
      Are you sure about that? I got the hockey package, and any WCHA game is accessible. It will show a lock on games you can't watch, or ask if you wish to subscribe for other sports. Check the event calendar to see what you can view.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Could Wisconsin have caught the 1st game good/2nd game bad disease that the Gophers used to have?
        Duluth is pretty good, particularly at home. Frozen Four last year, etc. Wisconsin has already gotten more standings points in Duluth than they did last year.

And there are two more periods to play.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          UMD leads the sinners 2-0 after 1 period. A period that the sinners put up 1 shot on net.
          Shot clock on BTN broadcast seems to be inverted. It was correct about halfway through the first period, then somehow showed a pile of shots for Wisconsin, with a goal on no shots for UMD.

Comment

Are you sure about that? I got the hockey package, and any WCHA game is accessible. It will show a lock on games you can't watch, or ask if you wish to subscribe for other sports. Check the event calendar to see what you can view.
            BTN offers different subscriptions, including a "school" package. So you can sign up to get all sports, but only if Minnesota is one of the teams involved. If that's what he signed up for, then he doesn't get this game.

Comment

Nope, I subscribed to the "School Pass" so I can only access games for all Minnesota sports, including volleyball which I enjoy.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wisconsin comes back in 2nd period to tie it up. All down to 3rd period now. We will see an exciting matchup here of 2 teams showing their character.

Comment

Wisconsin scores first, but Gigere ties it up. Seven minutes gone in the 3rd period.

Comment

Wisconsin goes ahead, Gigere ties it up again on the power play. 4 - 4 with 3 minutes left.

Comment

Wisconsin goes ahead, Gigere ties it up again on the power play. 4 - 4 with 3 minutes left.
                      End of regulation. Overtime in Duluth.

Comment

End of regulation. Overtime in Duluth.
                        Well that was anticlimactic. 3 on 3 and UMD coughs up the puck and Wisconsin wins with less than 30 seconds gone in overtime.

Comment

Well that was anticlimactic. 3 on 3 and UMD coughs up the puck and Wisconsin wins with less than 30 seconds gone in overtime.
                          BTN finally got the shot clock right though. UMD with the advantage, but the Badgers earning their No.1 rating.

Comment

I am vaguely aware that Grant and ARM have mentioned it here, but I hadn't paid attention to the details. But the Wisconsin OT win isn't a full three-point standings win, like an OT win would have been in the past. The WCHA standings page shows it as an "overtime win" worth only two standings points; one point to Duluth. Was it that way for the 20-21 season? I thought that happened if the game went to shoot-out.

Anyway, as I said earlier, more standings points than UW got out of their trip to Duluth last season or the season before. But not all six points.

(But it's a full-sized win for RPI and Pairwise... I think.)
                            Last edited by robertearle; 10-17-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              (But it's a full-sized win for RPI and Pairwise... I think.)
                              My understanding is that it is even less full-sized than the WCHA two-out-of-three-points win, if this is correct; I'm quoting from here:
                              https://www.collegehockeynews.com/women/standings.php

For overall records, overall W-L-T is shown, but Overtime Wins/Losses (OTW/OTL) will count 55/45 percent of a win, respectively, for NCAA Tournament selection purposes. Playoff games that are played using regular 5-on-5 OT are counted in the RW/RL records, for these purposes, since their weighting (100/0) is the same as a regulation W/L.

PwPt% = Pairwise Points % ... takes the above 55/45% for OT win into account, and divides by total games played.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                My understanding is that it is even less full-sized than the WCHA two-out-of-three-points win, if this is correct; I'm quoting from here:
                                https://www.collegehockeynews.com/women/standings.php

So the next question is "what are pairwise points?"

The Pairwise is (was?) three criteria: head-to-head, common opponent record, and RPI.

Is "Pairwise points" a new, fourth component to a Pairwise comparison? So far at least, the USCHO page doesn't say anything about such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X