2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Mrs. TheTiger20 is now a proud new employee of Quinnipiac University and she got free tickets to the opener. Wow, man, hockey. What a world. https://***********/Salzano14/status...412494336?s=19

Really fun game, QU blitzed the hell out of Maine to start but the Black Bears made a game of it in the end. 3-2 QU final.

Bobcats looked pretty good. Surprised at their shot count which isn't really their usual M.O.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Mrs. TheTiger20 is now a proud new employee of Quinnipiac University and she got free tickets to the opener.
    If I had your skills I’d do a site work-around and post a familiar clapping gif.

P.S. Nice to have you think of free ECAC tix as a perk!
    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 09-24-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

5-0 Colgate after 1. Greig with 4 goals. 19-1 in shots. RIT is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
        5-0 Colgate after 1. Greig with 4 goals. 19-1 in shots. RIT is embarrassing.
        RIT should be relegated. 2 shots. 8-0 mid way thru 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

RIT should be relegated. 2 shots. 8-0 mid way thru 2nd
          10-0 after 2. Colgate isn’t trying and neither is RIT anymore.

Comment

RIT stupidly tries to play man to man with D3 talent. Poor coaching

Comment

13-0 Colgate over RIT. Colgate should have instituted the 5 pass rule in the first period.

Comment

Clarkson 5 Sacred Heart 1

First 2 periods I could have played goalie for the knights. 4 total shots on goal and all I could have stopped. LOL
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Strong teams like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Colgate etc destroying some weaker opponents this weekend with big scores, and everyone gets so impressed by year-end individual stats.

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                    Strong teams like Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Colgate etc destroying some weaker opponents this weekend with big scores, and everyone gets so impressed by year-end individual stats.
                    It beats the mess last year.

UW played all 3 goalies this weekend which is completely out of character for MJ and the 4 liners and the 7th D played more than usual. Watts else is MJ supposed to do other than not schedule Lindenwood? He looks at that series from a hockey ambassador's viewpoint, it's good exposure for Lindenwood to play UW. The UW players train and practice hard, they need to play hard to improve no matter who they play. It's also on the team getting wiped out to field a better team. With all the free agency this last year it was more possible than ever to get better quicker. Even when a team puts up 8 or more, it's still hard to score. I can't believe O'Brien is going to beat out Watts for the PK this year, didn't see that coming.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'll say it again - there is not enough D1 talent in the women's game to fill all the D1 rosters. Normally, if each team is filling all 18 scholarships, you would think that say a 4th liner at Wisco who I'd presume is not on fully scholly (or no money at all) would, during their recruitment, be enticed to go to a 'lesser' program on full money with most likely a 1st line role, and that would level the playing field a bit but that does not seem to be the case. How lopsided these scores are does put a hole in my theory that the covid year and RMU shutdown would help some historically weaker programs (it does seem to help RPI even though they lost 1-2(OT) and 0-2 to a "middle of the pack" mercyhurst squad but was not the bloodbath I think most people expected). If anything, it seems the top programs got even stronger. And this in an olympic year leaving the very top out of the college game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                        I'll say it again - there is not enough D1 talent in the women's game to fill all the D1 rosters. Normally, if each team is filling all 18 scholarships, you would think that say a 4th liner at Wisco who I'd presume is not on fully scholly (or no money at all) would, during their recruitment, be enticed to go to a 'lesser' program on full money with most likely a 1st line role, and that would level the playing field a bit but that does not seem to be the case.
                        Dara Greig had 4 goals and 1 assist yesterday for Colgate (had no points in game 1). She as a 4th liner @ UW. Watts will be very interesting is how DeVito does for BU. BU's site says at UW she missed 2 years due to injury and only played in 8 games in 19-20.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post
                          The Gophers didn't even play and they still get called out. I guess you mean Minnesota State; the Mavericks have been on the wrong end of blowouts often enough over the years that they should be excused for running up the score when they get the chance.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            The Gophers didn't even play and they still get called out. I guess you mean Minnesota State; the Mavericks have been on the wrong end of blowouts often enough over the years that they should be excused for running up the score when they get the chance.
                            Sorry ARM, my mistake. I guess I just get a little annoyed when the season finishes and all people talk about is the number of points some players get but don’t look at the big picture at some of the blowouts vs out of conference (or in conference) weaker teams. And then the points thing becomes part of a PK award winner or MVP discussion. Cheers
                            Last edited by slapshot willy; 09-27-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

If you’re looking for an example of how far UNH has fallen, in looking ahead to this weekend’s games, the UNH-BU match ISN’T listed along with the other 4 games, on the USCHO Upcoming Schedule!! If that isn’t a kick in the but….. There are no words……

Comment

Working...
                              X