2021-2022 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

To the best of my knowledge, the WCHA will be using full 20 minute OT periods; 5x5; with standard 15 minute intermissions. Play normal hockey until someone wins. One difference: There will be an "ice maintenance timeout" at the first whistle after the 10 minute mark of each OT.

I'll let posters from the other conferences speak for their leagues.
    You are correct regarding the WCHA. Some of you might remember the UMD versus BSU WCHA tournament game a two or three years ago that had three 20-minute OT periods before BSU won it in the fourth overtime.

Comment

• Yale scores with 31 seconds left in the 2nd to take a 2-1 lead over Princeton. Good broadcast/picture on ESPN3.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Yale scores with 31 seconds left in the 2nd to take a 2-1 lead over Princeton. Good broadcast/picture on ESPN3.
        Meanwhile, almost a full season after the demise of collegehockeystats.net, none of the conferences show any capacity to do basic updates. The ECAC website currently shows Yale up 2-1 in the 3rd period, but their own Live Stats say that the game hasn't started yet. None of the other conferences are consistently any better.

These people don't seem to understand how bad this makes them look. They clearly don't actually care about women's hockey enough to do basic coverage.

Comment

• Yale with the ENG to make it a 3-1 final over Princeton...

FWIW the Yale athletic website had functioning live stats...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Yale scores into the empty net to make it 3-1 with less than a minute to go.

And that's a final. Princeton is eliminated while Yale will play for the ECAC playoff championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              Meanwhile, almost a full season after the demise of collegehockeystats.net, none of the conferences show any capacity to do basic updates. The ECAC website currently shows Yale up 2-1 in the 3rd period, but their own Live Stats say that the game hasn't started yet. None of the other conferences are consistently any better.

These people don't seem to understand how bad this makes them look. They clearly don't actually care about women's hockey enough to do basic coverage.
              It used to be that Livestats would be down because the feed from the site was down, but I was able to follow the Princeton livestats even when the ECAC's L.S. was AWOL. Maybe the conference gets their feed from the official Russian news agency, while Princeton is spreading "fake news"?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Colgate and Quinnipiac are scoreless after one. Colgate has had more offensive zone time while the Bobcats have had the edge in physical play.

Comment

. . . the Bobcats have had the edge in physical play.
                  Cross-checking is apparently legal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

Cross-checking is apparently legal now.
                    The old saying, "They're letting them play" definitely applies in this one. In the second, each team gets one to make it a tie game. Good game!

Comment

The old saying, "They're letting them play" definitely applies in this one. In the second, each team gets one to make it a tie game. Good game!
                      Colgate was called for two penalties in the period, the second of which was two minutes for Being Run Into.

Comment

• (Idle question that I've wondered a number of times this year, and doesn't really belong here, but doesn't really belong anywhere else, so...)

Since the NCAA changed the rules about faceoffs, and players being tossed out of the circle, has anyone ever seen a player get the 'two offenses' delay-of-game penalty? Or is the whole 'raise the hand' thing just for show? I mean, at some point, don't players just ignore the raised hand warning, etc., if the penalty never gets called?

Comment

• A back and forth 3rd period in terms of possession and zone time, with Colgate having the edge in the 3rd period as they skate to a 3-2 win. Fun game to watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            (Idle question that I've wondered a number of times this year, and doesn't really belong here, but doesn't really belong anywhere else, so...)

Since the NCAA changed the rules about faceoffs, and players being tossed out of the circle, has anyone ever seen a player get the 'two offenses' delay-of-game penalty? Or is the whole 'raise the hand' thing just for show? I mean, at some point, don't players just ignore the raised hand warning, etc., if the penalty never gets called?
                            Not sure 100% sure but I think Minnesota had this called against them in the Nashville tournament they played in. Possibly against Colgate?
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Not sure 100% sure but I think Minnesota had this called against them in the Nashville tournament they played in. Possibly against Colgate?
                              Holy crap! 13 penalties the first game and 16 the second (both teams)! And yes, one for "Faceoff violation - Emily Oden.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                (Idle question that I've wondered a number of times this year, and doesn't really belong here, but doesn't really belong anywhere else, so...)

I've seen it called in a Clarkson men's game.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X