RPI 2020-21...Up Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Sophie Helgeson has decommitted. That "strong" 2021 class just lost its only player rated as higher than a 4 star.
    Three years ago, you never heard of women's hockey de-commitments. It is now rapidly becoming the new normal.

Comment

Every other D1 team outside the 6 ivys + RPI and Union have at least tried to have a season. No surprise players want to go to places where they are allowed to play. Heard there is a lot of shuffling at the ivys as well.

Comment

Sophie Helgeson has decommitted. That "strong" 2021 class just lost its only player rated as higher than a 4 star.
        The men's team has gotten 6 commitments since September despite the shutdown; the women's team hasn't gotten any.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not to do an expose on men's vrs women's hockey and available talent pools, but a quick look shows very little commitment activity on the women's side for all programs. Add to that, with all NCAA players getting an extra year and I suspect most women players will take advantage over men (who have a 'real' pro route), I think everyone is trying to figure out what that means for their rosters for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
            Not to do an expose on men's vrs women's hockey and available talent pools, but a quick look shows very little commitment activity on the women's side for all programs. Add to that, with all NCAA players getting an extra year and I suspect most women players will take advantage over men (who have a 'real' pro route), I think everyone is trying to figure out what that means for their rosters for the next 4 years.
            I agree figuring out the rosters is an issue. And while I thought that most women would use the fifth year at first, I’m reconsidering after talking to some players. A lot of women players want to get on with their lives. Playing a fifth year for the sake of it is not always that attractive. If they can go to graduate school maybe- but not all of them want to just hang out for hockey.

Comment

Next season's non-travel partner ECAC schedule.
              Thanks to Jim Hyla @eLynah

10/29 SLU
              10/30 CCT
              11/5 @PU
              11/6 @QU
              11/12 Colgate
              11/13 Cornell
              12/3 @DC
              12/4 @HU
              1/7 @BU
              1/8 @YU
              1/14 QU
              1/15 PU
              1/21 @CCT
              1/22 @SLU
              2/4 YU
              2/5 BU
              2/11 @Cornell
              2/12 @Colgate
              2/18 HU
              2/19 DC
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Next season's non-travel partner ECAC schedule.
                Thanks to Jim Hyla @eLynah

10/29 SLU
                10/30 CCT
                11/5 @PU
                11/6 @QU
                11/12 Colgate
                11/13 Cornell
                12/3 @DC
                12/4 @HU
                1/7 @BU
                1/8 @YU
                1/14 QU
                1/15 PU
                1/21 @CCT
                1/22 @SLU
                2/4 YU
                2/5 BU
                2/11 @Cornell
                2/12 @Colgate
                2/18 HU
                2/19 DC
                Think we'll get a point this run through?

Comment

Think we'll get a point this run through?
                  Like the men, it is toploaded with teams which are playing this year. I am quite pessimistic even without that.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not playing will hurt a lot. On one hand, assuming the seniors return, there should be a lot of competition given the roster size. Even with no super stars hopefully the team develops a blue-collar work ethic and can grind out some ugly wins. I thought the extra year of eligibility would help schools like RPI who usually are talent-starved have more player options but if the players can't get better this year does it matter?

Comment

Just curious on the de-commitment; is this known for sure? It looks like Sophie has a twin sister named Kate who will be going to Q. NZ still has Sophie going to RPI. Any inside info?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                        Just curious on the de-commitment; is this known for sure? It looks like Sophie has a twin sister named Kate who will be going to Q. NZ still has Sophie going to RPI. Any inside info?
                        https://***********/YouthHockeyHub/s...488264704?s=20

Comment

Should be plenty of players around with the extra year of Eligibility. Money is money, and perhaps it is time to focus on grad students. Just a thought.

Comment

Nice story on the work RPI Alum Allysen Weidner is doing with growing the girls game: https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dalla...te/c-322256324

Comment

Sezenack just got me out of my stupor to check the RPI directory. The following are in the RPI directory joining Aliya Jomha.

Mika Jahnke
                              Computer and Systems Engineering

Ashlyn Lewis
                              Civil Engineering

Audrey McCutcheon
                              Biology

Michelle Nutescu
                              Biomedical Engineering
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New recruit for 2022 https://***********/HKYIndigenous/st...25940068503554
                                Elite hockey https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...6/taryn-jacobs
                                PWHL page http://pwhl3.stats.pointstreak.com/p...seasonid=19560
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-03-2021, 12:23 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X