RPI 2020-21...Up Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Sophie Helgeson has decommitted. That "strong" 2021 class just lost its only player rated as higher than a 4 star.
    Three years ago, you never heard of women's hockey de-commitments. It is now rapidly becoming the new normal.

Comment

Every other D1 team outside the 6 ivys + RPI and Union have at least tried to have a season. No surprise players want to go to places where they are allowed to play. Heard there is a lot of shuffling at the ivys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Sophie Helgeson has decommitted. That "strong" 2021 class just lost its only player rated as higher than a 4 star.
        The men's team has gotten 6 commitments since September despite the shutdown; the women's team hasn't gotten any.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not to do an expose on men's vrs women's hockey and available talent pools, but a quick look shows very little commitment activity on the women's side for all programs. Add to that, with all NCAA players getting an extra year and I suspect most women players will take advantage over men (who have a 'real' pro route), I think everyone is trying to figure out what that means for their rosters for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
            Not to do an expose on men's vrs women's hockey and available talent pools, but a quick look shows very little commitment activity on the women's side for all programs. Add to that, with all NCAA players getting an extra year and I suspect most women players will take advantage over men (who have a 'real' pro route), I think everyone is trying to figure out what that means for their rosters for the next 4 years.
            I agree figuring out the rosters is an issue. And while I thought that most women would use the fifth year at first, I’m reconsidering after talking to some players. A lot of women players want to get on with their lives. Playing a fifth year for the sake of it is not always that attractive. If they can go to graduate school maybe- but not all of them want to just hang out for hockey.

Comment

Working...
            X