No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UM has now had three Patty Kaz winners, and Taylor is the first to win as a senior, but a senior with eligibility remaining.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I'm surprised about the win. It seemed like Jaques' win was a done deal.
      Surprised as well. All three finalists were great candidates so anyone of them winning would have been a good choice.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• The three Gopher Kaz winners wore number 7, 8, and 9 consecutively, IIRC. (I know, useless trivia.)

Comment

• Originally posted by OldDave View Post
          The three Gopher Kaz winners wore number 7, 8, and 9 consecutively, IIRC. (I know, useless trivia.)
          Let's go Emily! < Wink >
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Congrats to Gopher Ella Huber on being named the National Rookie of the Month for the month of March.

https://gophersports.com/news/2022/4...the-month.aspx

Comment

• Congratulations to former Gopher Amanda Kessel on being selected to the Pittsburg Penguins’ Executive Management Program.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...t-twt-penguins

Comment

• Twitter reporting both Ostertag and Hengler returning for next season.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                  Twitter reporting both Ostertag and Hengler returning for next season.
                  Great news. Anything definite on Heise?

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Great news. Anything definite on Heise?
                    I think it is a safe assumption that both Heise and Boreen will be back. The Gophers have always done a pretty good job marketing their program and I’m guessing they are spreading out the returning player announcements to keep hyping the program in the news during this dead time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

I think it is a safe assumption that both Heise and Boreen will be back. The Gophers have always done a pretty good job marketing their program and I’m guessing they are spreading out the returning player announcements to keep hyping the program in the news during this dead time.
                      I think it's working! < Big Grin >

Comment

• More twitter: Norcross and Oden both returning for another season. Of those eligible only Boreen and Skaja have not yet been tweeted as returning (with the exception of Potomak who is returning to western Canada for her final college hockey season).
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Seems like I saw or heard something that Skaja was coming back...

The Gophers potentially have a lot of forwards (16?) next year if everyone comes back besides #16 and the addition of 3 freshmen forwards. Maybe one or both of Kaiser and Franco can play defense if needed?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            The Gophers potentially have a lot of forwards (16?) next year if everyone comes back besides #16 and the addition of 3 freshmen forwards. Maybe one or both of Kaiser and Franco can play defense if needed?
                            Do they need more D? Hengler, Ostertag, Wethington, Nicholson, Dunne, Zumwinkle, Laitinen. On GPL, Franco was listed with the D, but it seems like we can't dress any more than these, if all are back and healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Do they need more D? Hengler, Ostertag, Wethington, Nicholson, Dunne, Zumwinkle, Laitinen. On GPL, Franco was listed with the D, but it seems like we can't dress any more than these, if all are back and healthy.
                              #6 coming back from knee surgery, #14 coming back from hip surgery. Some questions there.

They could use more speed and quickness on D.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                They could use more speed and quickness on D.
                                From what I've seen, I'd say that Ostertag, Zumwinkle, and Laitinen are the most mobile. Still, I don't see some converted forward coming in and displacing Wethington, Hengler, nor Nicholson at this stage.

Let me know if you hear any rumors that LaMantia is going to transfer to the "U" so that I can invest heavily in "thinner" futures.

Comment

Working...
                                X