Minnesota Gophers 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Not so sure about that. The Badgers did a good job in checking our first line close and didn't give them the kind of room to operate that they're used to having.
    What are you not sure about? #22 absolutely messed up the the 3 on 1 rush where #9 just teed it up for her to put into the open net. #22 also had 2 great opportunities to get empty net goals. Heise was set up beautifully by #22 in the slot and normally puts those shots in the back of the net but didn't get it done. #9 also hit the post on an ENG attempt. Any of those gets you to 3-1 or 4-1.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• The morning newspaper analysis states that no penalty was called live. Video review can only be used in that circumstance if the zebras believe they have missed a major penalty. Because of that there were only two possible outcomes of the review, either a major or no penalty at all.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
        The morning newspaper analysis states that no penalty was called live. Video review can only be used in that circumstance if the zebras believe they have missed a major penalty. Because of that there were only two possible outcomes of the review, either a major or no penalty at all.
        That helps explain the really weak "interference" call on Watts two minutes later. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

That helps explain the really weak "interference" call on Watts two minutes later. :-)
          It was an awfully weak call against Potomac. Watching on B1G+ there was very little to justify any penalty. If the offside ref saw a penalty when it happened, it should have been called. Of all the plays we have watched where gooning took place, the actual contact here seemed totally incidental. You fly around the ice, you circle the boards, you try to avoid hitting a ref; a bad call from my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

It was an awfully weak call against Potomac. Watching on B1G+ there was very little to justify any penalty. If the offside ref saw a penalty when it happened, it should have been called. Of all the plays we have watched where gooning took place, the actual contact here seemed totally incidental. You fly around the ice, you circle the boards, you try to avoid hitting a ref; a bad call from my view.
            I think the third period would have been just fine with no penalties called!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

What are you not sure about? #22 absolutely messed up the the 3 on 1 rush where #9 just teed it up for her to put into the open net. #22 also had 2 great opportunities to get empty net goals. Heise was set up beautifully by #22 in the slot and normally puts those shots in the back of the net but didn't get it done. #9 also hit the post on an ENG attempt. Any of those gets you to 3-1 or 4-1.
              You could just as well point to a half-dozen or more great opportunities that the Badgers failed to capitalize on.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                You could just as well point to a half-dozen or more great opportunities that the Badgers failed to capitalize on.
                That's for those posters who care about the Sinners...I don't.

I am at a bit of a loss of words for how well this weekend went for the lady Gophers. Still processing the game that just concluded with the 4-3 win for Minnesota.

Comment

• Gophers sweep the series with a 4 - 3 win. Looked like a real team effort to play to their potential and make a statement after the Mankato overtime loss.

Comment

• Recaps from the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press:

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-...sin/600138619/

https://www.yahoo.com/now/womens-hoc...050700869.html

GO GOPHERS!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Holy smokes the Gophers are going all in on European Players...

They get a commitment for 2022 from Josefin Bouveng of Sweden (formally a Princeton recruit who stayed in Sweden because of Covid and the Princeton season being cancelled) She is on the Sweden Olymipc Olympic roster for 2022. Evidently Northeastern was interested in her as well.

Credit to GPL posters Gopherguy05 for breaking the news and Iceburg for some additional information on her.

Comment

• Massive series this weekend.

Comment

• Big series this weekend. Gophers played good enough last weekend to have more true confidence than they have had in a long time. And they know their job this weekend is to make a statement and put their name back among the pantheon.

Ohio State knows this and they are determined to shove it back up the Gophers yin yang and tell them to park it where the sun don't shine!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            Massive series this weekend.
                            Hey man, I was just typing that...lol

Comment

• Massive is actually Columbus Crew (MLS) lingo. But it certainly applies.

Do your Loons use that also? Maybe it's an MLS thing, not just a Columbus thing.

Comment

• I can’t take it anymore so I just have to say it. The announcers for this gopher/buckeye broadcast are the biggest imbeciles I’ve ever heard in my life.
                                Last edited by Offsides Guy; 01-28-2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X