Minnesota Gophers 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Hemp, Huber, and Murphy are or should be impact players for Minnesota.
    Funny, just after you post this, for the month of November Taylor Heise was named The WCHA Player of the Month and Peyton Hemp The WCHA Rookie of the Month. And as you may know Abbey Murphy was centralized with the USA National Team and would certainly be an impact player if she was playing college this season, as would Grace Zumwinkle.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      can anyone easily say what the reg season record is between Minn Wisc going back a few years?
      Since the 2016/2017 season...

6-15-3

And against OSU since the 2016/2017 season...

10-12-2
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-01-2021, 03:47 PM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

6-15-3
        We had something like a 17 game unbeaten streak against Wisconsin before that. I thought that was the best of our streaks!

We are into the sixth straight season of the Badgers being better than the Gophers. No shame in losing for a while to Wisconsin. They are a great team and program. But, for me, this is becoming a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          We are into the sixth straight season of the Badgers being better than the Gophers. No shame in losing for a while to Wisconsin. They are a great team and program. But, for me, this is becoming a problem.
          As it has become a problem with OSU.

Comment

6-15-3

And against OSU since the 2016/2017 season...

10-12-2
            Thank you! Very revealing.

Comment

I think Wisconsin has had some good luck lately:
              - Pankowski motivation when she got released twice from the Centralized roster
              - UND / Mercyhurst goalies delivering NCAA Championship performances for Wisco, bittersweet
              - Watts motivation last year as a final push to make Team Canada ; her availability at all this year, the fact she even transferred there in the first place

Surely it won’t last forever and I think they’re lucky they got that 2019 championship as they were on a bit of a bad streak themselves by their standards.

Comment

- UND / Mercyhurst goalies delivering NCAA Championship performances for Wisco, bittersweet
                - Watts motivation last year as a final push to make Team Canada ; her availability at all this year, the fact she even transferred there in the first place

Surely it won’t last forever and I think they’re lucky they got that 2019 championship as they were on a bit of a bad streak themselves by their standards.
                Don’t forget the Princeton de-commit arriving mid-season last year

Comment

We had something like a 17 game unbeaten streak against Wisconsin before that. I thought that was the best of our streaks!

We are into the sixth straight season of the Badgers being better than the Gophers.
                  This is the goofiest of rivalries. For the first six seasons, Minnesota totally dominated. Then it switched with the departure of Wendell, Darwitz, Stephens, Wall, Horak and it was all Bucky for six years, even during the two years where UW wasn't as good as the Gophers were otherwise. Then it flipped back, the Gophers won the games and hoisted the banners. Now it is the Badgers turn again, and the Gophers don't even get a whiff of titles. I can't explain it, but there it is.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

2019 was no luck at all, pure will to win baby!

Yeah, is MJ not a genius or Watts? Smileyface.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Funny, just after you post this, for the month of November Taylor Heise was named The WCHA Player of the Month and Peyton Hemp The WCHA Rookie of the Month.
                      Well, look whose sandbagging eh? Wink
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• No. 5 Gophers, No. 1 Badgers to renew women's hockey rivalry this weekend in Madison

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-...son/600123090/

Comment

• Heise named National Player of the Month, as Gophers prep for showdown against Badgers

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...gainst-Badgers

Comment

• Gophers up 2 - 0 over the Badgers. 1st period intermission.

Comment

• #5 for the Gophers is still driving me nuts. Other than that a pretty well played game for the Gophers. Heise, Skaja and Boreen were very good all game long.

Comment

• Wisconsin demonstrates how hard it is to go undefeated. The team got in an early hole but played great and got themselves into a position where it appeared that they were back into a position where they could compete for the win. Then their goaltender gives it away. And Minnesota was good enough to hold on from there. A very good win for the Gophers.
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X