Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2021-2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ARM View Post
    From what I've seen, I'd say that Ostertag, Zumwinkle, and Laitinen are the most mobile. Still, I don't see some converted forward coming in and displacing Wethington, Hengler, nor Nicholson at this stage.

    Let me know if you hear any rumors that LaMantia is going to transfer to the "U" so that I can invest heavily in "thinner" futures.
    You know I'd be good with #5 seeing less ice time...

    No LaMantia yet but another high profile sinner is in the portal.
    Gopher Women's Hockey...Who stays and who goes? Evidently everyone stays but #16.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Let me know if you hear any rumors that LaMantia is going to transfer to the "U" so that I can invest heavily in "thinner" futures.
      This comment is perplexing.

      As good as she is, she can't play left and right defense at the same time which is what you guys need lol.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

        This comment is perplexing.

        As good as she is, she can't play left and right defense at the same time which is what you guys need lol.
        The only reason I can imagine LaMantia transferring is she graduates in May, and would have some specific grad program in mind at the school she's headed to. Otherwise, I sincerely doubt it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

          The only reason I can imagine LaMantia transferring is she graduates in May, and would have some specific grad program in mind at the school she's headed to. Otherwise, I sincerely doubt it.
          Why would ARM just throw a name out there like that considering his status in the world of women's college hockey? He's not going to start a rumor about a specific player just to poke a Badger or 2.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Why would ARM just throw a name out there like that considering his status in the world of women's college hockey?
            Given I attended one game each of the last two seasons, my status would likely be something like "MIA fan."

            It is sort of like how you randomly include "Watts" in place of words that are not "what is", "what was", or even "what", like you're some SEO bot. I felt that we were not achieving our quota of thinner jokes. If that means that the defender whose name I dropped will be scarred for life by the knowledge that I considered her to be UW's best blueliner last year, then I'm sorry, but only a little.

            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Given I attended one game each of the last two seasons, my status would likely be something like "MIA fan."

              It is sort of like how you randomly include "Watts" in place of words that are not "what is", "what was", or even "what", like you're some SEO bot. I felt that we were not achieving our quota of thinner jokes. If that means that the defender whose name I dropped will be scarred for life by the knowledge that I considered her to be UW's best blueliner last year, then I'm sorry, but only a little.
              The thinner futures rose 23 points based in your statement. Isn't this kinda like insider trading or something?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • I understood it was a joke/compliment to LaMantia and not cryptic vague reporting. Good stuff.

                Wonder where Webster will go. I will laugh if OSU finds room for her. Biggest flex would be if she went home to LU though, imo.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Isn't this kinda like insider trading or something?
                  Yes, it could be if I possessed wealth beyond what is lost amidst my couch cushions.

                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I understood it was a joke/compliment to LaMantia and not cryptic vague reporting. Good stuff.

                    Wonder where Webster will go. I will laugh if OSU finds room for her. Biggest flex would be if she went home to LU though, imo.
                    I just posted on the Transfer thread that I would think OSU is at the top of the list. Muzz is about building the strongest roster possible and wouldn’t worry about Webster coming in and knocking a current player or recruit down a spot. And IF there really were off-ice issues involved at WI, it seems to me Muzz would make clear to Webster that this is Webster’s second chance but she’ll get only one chance with OSU and, if she screws up, she’ll be benched or gone. Muzz’s tough love might even be the best thing for Webster IF the rumors are true.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Isn't this kinda like insider trading or something?
                      You talk too much to have material non-public information.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        You talk too much to have material non-public information.
                        Talk too much? Someone has to keep this site alive. I mean even if half of Watts I post is coherent, that's a win win for everyone. I'm batting over my average if 50% makes sense. And maybe if my "friends" using that loosely here, from the west would stop talkign about thinner I might just kick the stuff for once. But NO, there you go again balbbering about Medards and fellet farm thinner and supply and demand. Liek the mens's team hasn't given me enough reason to not kcik that stuff, I mean it's riduculous how bad of a chaoch and recruter TG is. I stayed on the men's pocitive bandwagon until after Chrismas, then i jumped ship and into the mighty Mississippi myseldf with the other 12 UW men's posters. The only good thing about the men's team sucking is my daughter and I can get a whole 300 section to ourselves to watch the games if we attend. But I have told the assocuate AD for hockey Mr King that I refuse to give UW any more of my money for men's hockey until TG is gone. it's sickening to drop a hundo plus to watch trhe boys suck like team japan against the UW ladies years ago. it was actaully surprsiing how well they held up agaisnt UW, so maybe Lindenwood is a better reference point. Maybe them hirign a new assistant will rgiht the ship a bit but I doubt it. TG is clueless. I see Kessel got a job with the Pens. I jsut don't know why the Kessel family hates WI. My cooworker's son was on team WI when Philly boy and Jack Skille were on the team and he said Phil and Jack hated eachother. Why that was I don't know, both on the sames team should be rooting for eachother. Back tto the miracle healer herself, Just another reason not to like the the pens even though Badger Bob did great things with them. I really don't have pure allgence to any NHL team, I just root for the ones with BADgers on them. I see UW has the most alum in the Stanely cups playoffs, so much for MN being the state of hockey. LOL and HAHA. I really want to see Pav's get the cup bad. Of course I used to HATE tje stars when they were in rodentosota, then they moved to Dallas and I hate Dallas too due to the Coyboyz, so that is a double dose of hate for Pav's to overcome, but he's my guy, so I bit my tounge say go Starz.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Hall of Fame post.
                          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                            Hall of Fame post.
                            Why does he need to diss on team Japan?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Talk too much? Someone has to keep this site alive. I mean even if half of Watts I post is coherent, that's a win win for everyone.
                              I thinking it's more like the Mario Mendoza line, if even that...


                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I'm batting over my average if 50% makes sense.
                              Thinner and math do not go together very well...



                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              And maybe if my "friends" using that loosely here, from the west would stop talkign about thinner I might just kick the stuff for once. But NO, there you go again balbbering about Medards and fellet farm thinner and supply and demand.
                              Deep down you know it's because we care...

                              I kinda like the Medards and Fellet Farm bit...I might steal those from you.


                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Liek the mens's team hasn't given me enough reason to not kcik that stuff, I mean it's riduculous how bad of a chaoch and recruter TG is. I stayed on the men's pocitive bandwagon until after Chrismas, then i jumped ship and into the mighty Mississippi myseldf with the other 12 UW men's posters. The only good thing about the men's team sucking is my daughter and I can get a whole 300 section to ourselves to watch the games if we attend. But I have told the assocuate AD for hockey Mr King that I refuse to give UW any more of my money for men's hockey until TG is gone. it's sickening to drop a hundo plus to watch trhe boys suck like team japan against the UW ladies years ago. it was actaully surprsiing how well they held up agaisnt UW, so maybe Lindenwood is a better reference point. Maybe them hirign a new assistant will rgiht the ship a bit but I doubt it. TG is clueless. I see Kessel got a job with the Pens. I jsut don't know why the Kessel family hates WI. My cooworker's son was on team WI when Philly boy and Jack Skille were on the team and he said Phil and Jack hated eachother. Why that was I don't know, both on the sames team should be rooting for eachother. Back tto the miracle healer herself, Just another reason not to like the the pens even though Badger Bob did great things with them. I really don't have pure allgence to any NHL team, I just root for the ones with BADgers on them. I see UW has the most alum in the Stanely cups playoffs, so much for MN being the state of hockey. LOL and HAHA. I really want to see Pav's get the cup bad. Of course I used to HATE tje stars when they were in rodentosota, then they moved to Dallas and I hate Dallas too due to the Coyboyz, so that is a double dose of hate for Pav's to overcome, but he's my guy, so I bit my tounge say go Starz.
                              If only Foster Brooks was still alive to narrate this section of the post...

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x5j9-i3IpE

                              And BTW, I am a big fan of Granato as the head coach for the men sinners. Hope he stays there for as long as he wants.

                              Gopher Women's Hockey...Who stays and who goes? Evidently everyone stays but #16.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                And BTW, I am a big fan of Granato as the head coach for the men sinners.
                                Not me; I really wanted Mark Johnson to get that job. Or a job at Medard's or Fellet Farm would suffice instead.

                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X