Minnesota Gophers 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Good question; I don't remember anyone, although there have been sisters who have gone on either side of the border. Of course, she hasn't played yet. I'm assuming that the WCHA transfer rule is still in effect and Tella J. will have to sit out once she gets to Madison (if that's where she's bound), but again, no guarantee that she'll ever play.
    WI has 12 F next year plus SS is eligible to come back, so there would be slim pickings for playing time for Tella if she was heading in the right direction.

So with the transfer portal you can go anywhere but league rules can still make you sit out? I assumed the having to wait a year thing was dead.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I assumed the having to wait a year thing was dead.
      I don't know for sure, but the transfer portal is an NCAA process, while the sit-a-year rule came from the WCHA. Maybe transfers can now play, but only in 3-on-3 OTs!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        I don't know for sure, but the transfer portal is an NCAA process, while the sit-a-year rule came from the WCHA. Maybe transfers can now play, but only in 3-on-3 OTs!
        And on an even numbered day with a full moon. Crazy right?!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Less than three hours til puck drop and they still haven’t announced a postponement or cancellation. Let’s play hockey!!

Comment

• Today's game is being televised on cable (ignore the part about UMD/SCSU):
            https://gophersports.com/news/2022/1...rts-north.aspx
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Anyone know why we were missing two regulars? Dan didn't elaborate on the telecast.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• No, but I think it was three. Emily Brown, Emily Oden, and Olivia Knowles.

Josey Dunne wasn’t out there either. Seems some of this, at least, has to be covid.
                Last edited by KTDC; 01-08-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• At 3:26 Minnesota Women's Hockey tweeted projected lines. 3:26 is about 4 minutes before the team hits the ice for pregame warmups. Knowles was not listed on the projection tweet but both Oden and Brown were listed. Neither of those two appeared for warmups and neither played. Conner got most of the time in place of Oden on the second line with Huber moving to center. They tried to go with only four defense but eventually shifted Audrey Wethington back to be a fifth with both Tatur and Hanzlik getting shifts in her place on the Potomak line.

So no Brown, no Oden, no Knowles, no Ostertag, no Dunne, no Jungels, apparently no problem.

Probably also worth noting that Joel Johnson did not appear to be in the building.
                  Last edited by ManBehindTheCurtain; 01-08-2022, 08:28 PM.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Report is Ostertag is out for the year. Huge loss in my book. I hope she comes back. She missed a lot of last year also.

Jungels is gone through transfer portal.

Comment

• Maybe they have the flu or something. Hengler played like she didn’t feel well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                        Probably also worth noting that Joel Johnson did not appear to be in the building.
                        I am sure Joel was up in Blaine, putting the Olympic players through their paces. What a great start for Bethany Brausen, to be running a new D1 team.

Comment

• My BIG+ stream ran out but it appears that the Gophers completed the sweep against St. Thomas with an 8-2 win. Abigail Boreen with the hat trick.
                          Last edited by D2D; 01-09-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            My BIG+ stream ran out but it appears that the Gophers completed the sweep against St. Thomas with an 8-2 win. Abigail Boreen with the hat trick.
                            At the tailed of the game, one of the St. Thomas players appeared to catch Katie Skaja with a stick around the throat area. She retaliated by pulling down the nearest Tommie skater, who had nothing to do with the action. Penalty of course, but a bad way to end what should have been a routine game.

Comment

• Olivia King got the final shift of the game at left wing.
                              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Gophers coach Frost on beating St. Thomas and facing the Mavericks

Gophers coach Frost on beating St. Thomas and facing the Mavericks | KSTP.com

Comment

Working...
                                X