B1G+ to stream all WCHA games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G+ to stream all WCHA games

As a B1G Network subscriber I'm relieved that I won't have to deal with FloHockey this season as all the WCHA games will be available on B1G+ though I'm not certain about non conference tournaments.
    Now if only Ohio State would do something about their substandard cameras and lack of trained people working them!

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    As a B1G Network subscriber I'm relieved that I won't have to deal with FloHockey this season as all the WCHA games will be available on B1G+ though I'm not certain about non conference tournaments.
    Now if only Ohio State would do something about their substandard cameras and lack of trained people working them!

Forget where i read it but I think they are working on it. Muzzy should be all over whoever is responsible for the product - preseason #3 in the nation, preseason #2 in their league, multiple players centralized with the national teams + Braendli. They’ve earned the right to have their product showcased properly.

Comment

Ps - there’s a Penn State OSU women’s game this year right? That would be a great one for the Big Ten Network to produce.... the football teams seem to have a budding rivalry, nice parallel.

Comment

I have not dove into the specifics of the deal yet, does the regular B16 subscription get me access or is there another paywall layer/moneygrab to get through?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          Ps - there’s a Penn State OSU women’s game this year right? That would be a great one for the Big Ten Network to produce.... the football teams seem to have a budding rivalry, nice parallel.
          That was the main tournament I was wondering about. Regardless if it's BTN streamed or not, if somebody offers it I'll pay!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-16-2021, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I have not dove into the specifics of the deal yet, does the regular B16 subscription get me access or is there another paywall layer/moneygrab to get through?
            I was looking at that and there doesn't seem to be a direct answer. It looks like the BTN is carried by the Fox Sports app now so if you have BTN on your cable or satellite it may well be you get BTN+ as well but don't hold me to it.

Comment

I was looking at that and there doesn't seem to be a direct answer. It looks like the BTN is carried by the Fox Sports app now so if you have BTN on your cable or satellite it may well be you get BTN+ as well but don't hold me to it.
              BTNPlus, or as they seem to be calling it now B1GPlus, is a subscription over and above your regular BTN cable channel. I subscribed last year both because of COVID and because of B1G volleyball, and have already started back in this year. There are school specific subscription options, sport specific options, all-included per month options and full year.

One oddity is that if something is showing live on BTN, it isn't available on BTNPlus until the next day as a replay. Live BTN on your phone etc happens on the "BTN-to-go" app (or at least that was the case last year).

Comment

That was the main tournament I was wondering about. Regardless if it's BTN streamed or not, if somebody offers it I'll pay!
                Last year, pretty much any womens hockey game that was played with a B1G school as the home team showed up on BTNPlus. I fully expect this one would/will.

Adding, that has been the case with volleyball this year, too. During the non-conference schedule for VB it is common for teams and schools to host three and four team weekends, with everybody playing everybody at some point through the weekend. So it has been the case that, for example, Colgate vs Kansas State has been streamed on BTNPlus, because the host school was a B1G school, in that case it was Nebraska.
                Last edited by robertearle; 09-16-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Has anyone else has trouble signing up for this program? I keep getting invalid origin messages when I try to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                    Has anyone else has trouble signing up for this program? I keep getting invalid origin messages when I try to pay.
                    Just this week they seemed to change their underlying internet provider, and made current users re-set their account passwords (even if all you did was confirm your existing one). And changed their home URL. So be sure to search for B1G+, and then give another day or two for the dust to settle if it is still not working. (I watched some volleyball Thursady night with no problems.)

Comment

Long time lurker. First post. I purchased the ice hockey package. I do not see any WCHA hockey games in the event schedule. Is there some trick to seeing my subscription? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDoIKnow View Post
                        Long time lurker. First post. I purchased the ice hockey package. I do not see any WCHA hockey games in the event schedule. Is there some trick to seeing my subscription? Thanks.
                        Last year it was the case that BTNPlus only had the rights to women's games played with a Big Ten team as the home team - Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State. Assuming the same would hold this year for the expanded list of WCHA teams, none of the games this weekend have a WCHA team hosting. And looking out a couple weeks can be misleading, because they are notorious for being tardy adding games and links to their list/calendar.

So the first one you should expect to see is Lindenwood at St Cloud on Oct 1st (I hope), but not listed until later.

Note that Penn State hosting St Lawrence is on the calendar for this Thursday and Friday. If you see those, then you're A-OK.

(in the meantime, you could go back and watch the replay of Wisconsin vs defending national champs Kentucky in volleyball, on Sept 10. For the first two sets, Wisconsin actually made them look bad, which was fun, and then the next two sets were just dogfights - comebacks, blown leads, 'overtime'. A whole different kind of fun. :-)
                        Last edited by robertearle; 09-20-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Last year it was the case that BTNPlus only had the rights to women's games played with a Big Ten team as the home team - Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State. Assuming the same would hold this year for the expanded list of WCHA teams, none of the games this weekend have a WCHA team hosting. And looking out a couple weeks can be misleading, because they are notorious for being tardy adding games and links to their list/calendar.

So the first one you should expect to see is Lindenwood at St Cloud on Oct 1st (I hope), but not listed until later.

Note that Penn State hosting St Lawrence is on the calendar for this Thursday and Friday. If you see those, then you're A-OK.

(in the meantime, you could go back and watch the replay of Wisconsin vs defending national champs Kentucky in volleyball, on Sept 10. For the first two sets, Wisconsin actually made them look bad, which was fun, and then the next two sets were just dogfights - comebacks, blown leads, 'overtime'. A whole different kind of fun. :-)
                          Ohio is hosting St. Thomas this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDoIKnow View Post

Ohio is hosting St. Thomas this weekend.
                            Huh. I was using the USCHO web site's schedule, and even they don't have those games listed - more specifically, they don't show up at USCHO on the 'full week' schedule, but do show up on the day-by-day schedule but under a conference heading of "NULL". Weird.

Yes, one would expect those to be part of the BTNPlus schedule; they would have even been there last year, because Ohio State is the host.

Again, they're notorious for not listing things early in the week and then adding the links later.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Huh. I was using the USCHO web site's schedule, and even they don't have those games listed - more specifically, they don't show up at USCHO on the 'full week' schedule, but do show up on the day-by-day schedule but under a conference heading of "NULL". Weird.

Yes, one would expect those to be part of the BTNPlus schedule; they would have even been there last year, because Ohio State is the host.

Again, they're notorious for not listing things early in the week and then adding the links later.

Good luck to you all trying to get your BTN+ going. I think I’m going to get it along with whatever hurst is doing so work out all the kinks would ya? Btw I think Joel Johnson is somehow coaching both the USA team and the Tommies at the same time. That must be fascinating just from the perspective of dealing with different talent levels.
                              Last edited by Lindsay; 09-23-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X