Ohio State Buckeyes 2020-2021 ... Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I wonder what that makes the Gophs -- out of business?
    No need to wonder...They have been "out of Bidness" since the 2016/2017 season
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-09-2021, 01:07 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      No need to wonder...They have been "out of Bidness" since the 2016/2017 season
      That drought isn't as long as the one UW had prior to 2019, though admittedly I don't recall them quite as far in the hole as the rodents seem to be now.

I'm a little bummed the tOSUers are not more excited about getting Grant. It's not a **** Watts kind of pick-up but she will be a solid non-flashy defender in the UW style, unless Muzzy wants a different style of play out of her. Feel free to ruin her LOL.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Looking forward, do the Buckeyes still have "unfinished business"? I wonder what that makes the Gophs -- out of business?
        Funny you mention this as the wheels were turning regarding what subtitle to use for next season. I am leaning toward "I just want to be at the games" or "Can fans attend this season," but I will give it some more time and see if I can come up with something better. I am leaning toward "Road to State College ... if PA decides to allow fans to attend" or maybe just "Path to Pegula." We'll see. It was a tough ending to the season, but with the players we have coming in next season, we should be set for another run in the postseason. I don't think the transfers will be "taking any spots from family" as we were pretty thin this past season, so we could use the depth. Our roster this past season was a grand total of 20 kids ... 10 forwards, 6 Ds, and 4 goaltenders. We were really fortunate that we did not have any catastrophic injuries! I welcome the depth that the transfers will give us, especially considering we could be missing a couple kids to the Olympics. Tell you one thing, I will have a new appreciation for actually being able to attend the games next season. You never realize how big a part of your life something is until it is ripped away from you. Mrs 86 and I sorely missed the girls and the games this past season. Forget the wins and losses, we just want to be at the games to cheer our team on next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

That drought isn't as long as the one UW had prior to 2019, though admittedly I don't recall them quite as far in the hole as the rodents seem to be now.

I'm a little bummed the tOSUers are not more excited about getting Grant. It's not a **** Watts kind of pick-up but she will be a solid non-flashy defender in the UW style, unless Muzzy wants a different style of play out of her. Feel free to ruin her LOL.
          I am thrilled to get Teags and I think she will fit in great here! We are highly familiar with her and were hoping to get her here a couple years ago as her older Sister, Breanne Grant, played her college hockey here for the Buckeyes! And yeah, I will admit, it is not everyday Ohio State gets a transfer from Wisconsin! My question is, and I am not sure about this because the rules seem to have been relaxed lately, will she be able to play next season or will she have to sit since she is transferring from one WCHA school to another WCHA school? Congrats on that National Title, there, Timothy A. I can't bring myself to root for Michigan in a bowl game, but I always root for the other WCHA Women's Hockey teams! I thought it was great that three of us were in the Frozen Four! Looking forward to our next trip to LaBahn for some women's hockey! You'll have to let us know when visiting fans can attend the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            I am thrilled to get Teags and I think she will fit in great here! We are highly familiar with her and were hoping to get her here a couple years ago as her older Sister, Breanne Grant, played her college hockey here for the Buckeyes! And yeah, I will admit, it is not everyday Ohio State gets a transfer from Wisconsin! My question is, and I am not sure about this because the rules seem to have been relaxed lately, will she be able to play next season or will she have to sit since she is transferring from one WCHA school to another WCHA school? Congrats on that National Title, there, Timothy A. I can't bring myself to root for Michigan in a bowl game, but I always root for the other WCHA Women's Hockey teams! I thought it was great that three of us were in the Frozen Four! Looking forward to our next trip to LaBahn for some women's hockey! You'll have to let us know when visiting fans can attend the games.
            Very interesting on Grant's sister, I had no idea. Is the transferring thing is from one B16 team to another or one wwcha team to another? Will she have to sit out like Kepler did? Great question.

There better be full boat attendance allowed at all college sporting events in the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

I don't think the transfers will be "taking any spots from family" as we were pretty thin this past season, so we could use the depth.
              But they are taking spots (and money it sounds like) from freshmen who were recruited to be and likely sold on being part of the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

But they are taking spots (and money it sounds like) from freshmen who were recruited to be and likely sold on being part of the family.
                That may well be the new normal in collegiate sports. Remember the thread I started awhile back "Transfer Portal - Good or Evil?"
                It kind of comes back to that question.

Comment

Very interesting on Grant's sister, I had no idea. Is the transferring thing is from one B16 team to another or one wwcha team to another? Will she have to sit out like Kepler did? Great question.

There better be full boat attendance allowed at all college sporting events in the fall.
                  Yeah, I will not be happy if fans are not allowed at games for a second season in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

That could very well be. Then again, we have had some departures lately, as well as only two or possibly three of our five seniors are coming back for their extra year. I haven't actually seen anything regarding Coach Muzerall's 2021 recruiting class (talking about incoming freshmen), so not sure who is having their spots taken. Guess it does beg the question regarding the transfer portal being good or evil.

Comment

• Braendli named starting goaltender for Team Switzerland. No surprise here.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Braendli named starting goaltender for Team Switzerland. No surprise here.
                        What kind of depth does OSU have when she is gone for the Olympics?

Comment

What kind of depth does OSU have when she is gone for the Olympics?
                          I'm not really sure. our two reserves last season were Kuntz, a sophomore and Wallace, a senior.
                          Assuming Wallace isn't a returning senior we'd either have a freshman goalie coming in but there could be a more attractive grab showing up in the portal so you just don't know. I'm not saying there is a good goalie in the portal right now, only that it could happen.

Comment

• I thought Amanda Thiele played a game or two for the Buckeyes last year. She was at the USA elite goalie camp in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                              I thought Amanda Thiele played a game or two for the Buckeyes last year. She was at the USA elite goalie camp in March.
                              She's no longer listed on the roster. She had slipped my mind. This is one of the things that pis*es me off at Ohio State, if a player or coach leaves they scrub them from the team website so going back to reference anything about them is really hard.

Comment

• Elite Prospects has Amanda listed as playing 3 games for Ohio State last season with a .964 save percentage but do not list a current team.

Comment

Working...
                                X