Ohio State Buckeyes 2020-2021 ... Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

It’s definitely an argument someone can make. It’s a fine line between being too loose and playing flat, or being wound up too tight to execute. Probably lots of things influence either possibility.
    This is absolutely the issue. And it can be difficult for a coach to tell which need is greater -- to loosen up or intensify focus. And often impossible for those of us outside the room to know.

That said, my guess is that both teams were focusing more on staying loose. I believe it was Badger players who took the "Polar Bear Plunge" into Lake Erie. Watching the game live, I had assumed that Coach's "Stefani Hair" was part of an analogous effort on the Buckeye side.

It makes sense. Two closely matched teams, very familiar with each other, stakes off the charts. It's more than human to be a little uptight. And in this scenario, watching more game film probably isn't the answer.

Looking back in history, I recall that UMD went "platinum blonde" during a FF. Yes, including Shannon Miller. During an intermission interview, she was asked if there was anything different about being blonde. to which she immediately responded: "I'm having more fun." Probably a prepared line, but a good one. And again, consistent with the idea of getting players to loosen up and enjoy the moment.

Comment

• Nicole Haase article in the Columbus Dispatch!
      https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...d-FeedRedesign

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Nicole Haase article in the Columbus Dispatch!
        Nice article. It does make me wonder how next year‘s transfers will fit in. They’re essentially taking opportunities away from members of the “family” as well as incoming recruits. If Muzz can maintain that culture next year with such additions, that would be a very nice coaching job.

Comment

Sadly for the most part our local paper the Dispatch pretty much ignores our men & women's hockey programs and gives more coverage to high school sports.
          Only when we're in tournaments do we get decent write ups. If we could get them to do full stories during the course of the season it would go far in promoting the programs and increasing attendance.

Comment

...the Buckeyes excelled. They had 16 games against teams that played in this year’s NCAA tournament and won nine of them.
            Nicole forgot that UM didn't make the NCAA Tournament.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
              2) I do not mean this in a sexist way at all, but what was up with Muzz’s hairstyle? Was this a superstition thing? It looked a bit ridiculous and made it hard to take her seriously during her between periods TV interview. I can’t imagine players looking at those Mickey Mouse ears as she’s getting on them during the game.
              We sit behind the opposing team's bench and it's always fun to see what in the world she'll be wearing and how she does her hair. One game she came out in 5" high heels and by the middle of the first period she was barefoot lol.

So on the radio it sounded like OSU missed the net on some wide open looks in the first 2 periods. What are your observations on those?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

We sit behind the opposing team's bench and it's always fun to see what in the world she'll be wearing and how she does her hair. One game she came out in 5" high heels and by the middle of the first period she was barefoot lol.

So on the radio it sounded like OSU missed the net on some wide open looks in the first 2 periods. What are your observations on those?
                There is a full replay available at ESPN's web site. Click on 'Thursday' at the top, and then scroll down to 'ice hockey'.

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/replay

Comment

• Skaggs had some really heavy shots during the game but nowhere near the net and Jaques fanned on a given goal when the puck came across the crease to where she was posted up on the empty side of the net.

Comment

• I hear Lauren Bernard is transferring to Ohio State from Clarkson (per the transfer thread). Hometown of Madison, Ohio. Good luck to her, and I hope to read more about her soon. Haven’t followed her college career but I believe she was in the mix with USA Hockey as a teen.
                    Last edited by Lindsay; 04-03-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• D Teagan Grant has joined the OSU family from WI. She's in for a shock going from a coach that never yells to, well, the Mizzinator. She looked good as Fr, but slipped down the D pecking order last year. I would say she's a good pick-up.

Comment

She's in for a shock going from a coach that never yells to, well, the Mizzinator.
                        Well you know the old saying, That which does not kill you only makes you stronger! LOL!

Comment

She's in for a shock going from a coach that never yells to, well, the Mizzinator.
                          I suppose this may be on purpose on your part, but it appears you have combined two monikers: Whizzinator (NSFW) and Muzzinator to get Mizzinator.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            I suppose this may be on purpose on your part, but it appears you have combined two monikers: Whizzinator (NSFW) and Muzzinator to get Mizzinator.
                            You know, that just didn't look right, but I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong LOL.

Comment

• Looking forward, do the Buckeyes still have "unfinished business"? I wonder what that makes the Gophs -- out of business?
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Looking forward, do the Buckeyes still have "unfinished business"? I wonder what that makes the Gophs -- out of business?
                                I wouldn't even fathom a guess on any predictions for any team next season with so many unknowns at this point. How bloated will rosters be, who goes where in the transfer portal, how many seniors are staying, the Olympics, the list goes on!
                                All I can say about Ohio State is Muzzy is fixated on a Natty and she'll do everything she can to put together a team this offseason that she can try to dominate with.

Comment

Working...
                                X